Options

2012 Marathon thread

Comments

• Options

Good news AGF!

6m with the club this morning, fast and hilly. Long run tomorrow...

Best of luck to everyone for tomorrow...can't wait to hear the reports!image

• Options

Nicely Done teknik, You seem to be in the form of your life.....lots of hard work and dedication/commitment !!....I see a big PB looming image

• Options

Thanks AGFimage...just two more big runs

• Options
    Bl@@dy smartie phones earlier msg should have been YC not TX!

Now having smoother ride on train
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

AGF & Tek,

Well done.

-----------

3.11 miles done. Plan indicates 5 miles tomorrow however it's going to be easier to make it 6 miles and the weather looks okay.

• Options

Well done HMimage...hope tomorrow's 6 goes ok

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭
    Si - got my rejection today. Though I'd have deferred anyway as I'm entered for Brighton next April, accommodation sorted. Will try again for London next year.

Fiona- well done on the GFA

SM6 - kid at Xmas just about sums me up at the moment as well image

Thought I'd be nervous but not at all ... Maybe that will come in the morning ?

Tek - rested well thanks, last run was thurs am. So I'm ready to go !!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend image
  • Options

A breezy day here but should be the right direction for the marathoners, seems to have calmed down a bit since early on. Planning to park my car at the office and jog to the start then back from the finish - should get 12 miles or so. Only problen is I got VIP passes to the hospitality tent so may have to partake in that image. Hope all marathoners have a great run.

Happy running to everyone else doing the usual training today. Great to see you getting back to it AGF, hope no ill effects today.

Only 2 more LSRs Teknik, a great feeling!

mace great that you have your 2013 marathon sorted, I started looking at plans for VLM yesterdayimage.

The plan seems to be going well HM4, well done.

Looking forward to my fun run! image Will be interesting to see how fit/unfit I am, thinking about entering the Aviemore 10k in 2 weeks for a change of scenery.

F

• Options

10 very cold and windy miles D&D this morning. image

Taper time!!!

Plans for next year are taking shape now too - Inverness half in March, Paris in April, probably the New Perthshire Marathon in June(as a training run) and then the Devil o the Highlands Footrace in August, and if all going well either Berlin or Loch Ness in September. Nothing like forward planning!!image

Happy running everyone!! image

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Fiona,

Good luck.

Kaz,

I thought I was known for my forward planning!  Although I did have an idea of the races I'd be doing next year in August this year.

• Options

Nice planning kaz!

Back home and it was overall a good day. Parked at the office and jogged the 3 miles to the start with my rucksack. Had my usual porridge for breakfast but did not feel like anything else. By the time I got to the start I was regretting not eating my banana - too late and not like I was running the marathon so not an issue. A weird start for such a big race; no gun or klaxon, almost just a bloke saying go. From the start my legs felt as if they had nothing in them but it was an ok run apart from the gale! Must get used to pre race nutrition etc again and finding what works.

Anyway came in 150th in 42:51, 4th old bird (F40), really faded in the last 1k or so. Headed for the hospitlity tent that was at the finish line and watched the marathon winner (I always want to cry when I see the winner come in!). He was so far ahead of the others it must have been a tough run. Then packed the contents of my goody bag and fab hospitality goody bag into my rucksack and jogged back to the office - rucksack weighed 14lbs so a struggle. Sorry NP I'm a real lightweight image. Really pleased I did it and now to enter my next one! image Overall 12 miles done today.

Hope the other runners got what they were after & looking forward to the proper race reports!

F

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Fiona,

I never know if I should say well done or sorry when someone says they've come 4th image.  Either way it's still a good time.

----------

4.97 miles done in just over 55 min.  I thought with the lack of running I've done recently it was more sensible to stick to what the plan said.

• Options

Fiona,  good to see a scottish lass eating her porridge oats !!  Congrats in a very tidy run indeed.  Nice to be in the top 150 too. Congrats. Really nice to see you coming back from injury earlier in the year so well.  Sounds like the hospitality was a treat as well. Keep up the good work. This speed will only help come next spring. 

Its possible that I will enter the Jurrasic Coast challenge laster today. Justa few minor details to Iron out with MRS AGF - whom also may take part in at least 1 day of the event.  Fingers crossed !

• Options
    Just back at b+b

Well pleased with 40 minute PB - 4h26m09 - at Nessie today image

Sent from Android so reports will have to wait
  • Options

Fantastic OH !!! Well done imageimageimage

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

OH,

Well done.

AGF,

Good luck with that.

• Options
    That's a brilliant Pb OH. Welcome to the sub 4:30 club image Congratulations.... Lots of hard work gone into that !!

Nice running HY4..
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭
  • Options

Amazing PB OH, well done! imageimageimage

Thanks guys.

AGF when is the Jurassic Challenge and what is it?

Nice run HM4, good that you stuck to the plan.

F

• Options

Kaz well done on the 10 miler

Fiona great running...14lbs in the backpack - just how many goodies were there!image

HM well done on the 5m

AGF - Jurassic Coast Challenge? Blimey - tough stuff

---

Long run of 21m today - kept it easy for 16m, then joined the club for a hilly 5m.   

• Options

OH - Fantastic PBimageimageimage

Fiona - great running. 14lb rucksack......image

HM - well done.

Tek- Thanks and well done on your LSR.

• Options
    Fiona, it's 3 marathons in 3 days on south coast path...
  • Options

Gosh, that's a lot of running AGF - and off road too!

Good long runs kaz and Teknik.

I got 2 goody bags - the regular one with a tin of soup and the posh one with 3 chutneys, jam, soup, pasta sauce and biscuits! I was sad enough to weigh my bag when I got home as probably the heaviest I'll ever carry when running (I hope!)

Must get my race plan done for next year. image

F

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

kaz - enjoy the taper image

Fiona - well done on the "old bird" 4th image

OH - storming pb, really pleased for you, congrats !!

HM4 - nice running ... i think i'm a bot OCD as i wouldn't be able to stop at .97 i'd have to do the extra 60 or so yards or i wouldn't sleep image

Tek - MONSTER run, fantastic stuff !!

1ST RACE today, Folkestone Half so i guess i'd better report back image.....

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Mace,

The thought did cross my mind however I decided better to work on a sprint finish & the last .37 mile was done quicker than 5k pace image!

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

Sorry, part way through and have to go out ... will report tomorrowimage

• Options

Fiona - Brilliant timeimage How flat (or hilly?) was the 10k course?

OH - Amazing stuff!!image Well done bud

Mace - Hope ran well today, or at least had fun!

------

I'm just in, so I'll give a report later or tomorrow. But I think I'm now front runner for the unwanted crown of 'biggest positive split of the year'image

• Options

Mace!  Stuart!

• Options
    AGF - Well done for planning on the JCC I''ve done 3 votwo events and they''re very good organisers.

Great to see good run s and pbs, I'm going to take a hiatus from the thread as I can't sign up for anything for a while at least

Good luck in your endeavors