Options

Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Lee

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    Mrs choisty was fantastic, but no it was pure adrenaline nothing was slowing me down Sunday night.

Still undecided Boston or London
  • Options

Hi Lee, really nice to meet you again at the weekend and get to know you a bit better. Not only are you a top runner, you are a fantastic, down to earth, enthusiastic guy. It was a real pleasure to meet you (as well as Craig, Emma & Rosie!).  Your detailed report was a great read - you've got a great memory to recall all that. One thing that sticks out is that you are very focused in what you do and the evidence of your sheer joy at achieving you excellent PB (still jumping about like a loony well over an hour after finishing) will stick in mind! Well done mate.

I'm toying more towards London next year to make use of my GFA and also to meet up with the guys from the sub 3.15 thread at last!

Cheers, Colin.

• Options

What I noticed as I was writing the race report, was that while there was a good degree of clarity thanks to the endurance training (Steve is ace), it shifts from the external to internal focus suggesting the distance did become more difficult.

KR  you're right about London its the sensible choice...but Boston the 118th running, so much history

• Options

Lee - I echo what Colin said you are just so focussed it is incredible and your enthusiasm for running is amazing! You are so generous too as you are as supportive of fatty plodders like and and speed demons alike - thank you.

Totally agree with Steve and Sam - speed is something that will reduce much more rapidly than endurance to use that opportunity whilst you have it. Ultras are for the future but so please rest first! Please give your lovely OH a squeeze from me - she is such a lovely woman.

London is sensible - sounds like 3 of you might be doing it so I will try the ballot then - be rude not to!

• Options

Thanks Emma...London does sound fun.

Who's got their London Number???  Let's be having it so we can track you also target would be good so we can go into maths over drive

• Options
    Choisty - you almost sound smug !!  image  "Done mine, now its your turn to be in the spotlight"  Tee hee !!!image P.S. don't blame ya !!!
  • Options
    Oscarr, still smilin' image so could be smug! but I do want to follow everyone and am very excited to watch, might even tempt me out of bed!
  • Options
    Choisty - if you're up yet, have a look at the home page which has the video of Paris plus a photo gallery - just love photo 5 with Steve drilling last minute instructions to you; can almost hear him saying "don't go off fast, run to the plan!!!" - well, it worked !  REckon you take the prize for biggest smile on the podium.
  • Options
    Oscarr, that was amazing, there is a picture from just before where I look terrified, which I was! I love the video it brought all the emotion back, amazing day, 16 weeks, amazing.

Good luck London runners, I hope you all reach your goals
  • Options
    Return from my first race post Paris...awful 2000m steeplechase in a pw of 7:11, still managed a B-string win and the team were 2nd overall so still a good day.

Good luck racing tomorrow
  • Options
    Choisty - steeple must have been hard on tired legs so well done
  • Options
    Steve did again sub-3 the man is amazing...congratulations to a legend