Options

Just a little bit further 2012

Comments

• Options

Well done RR! image That is very impressive.

Wow! AF! Lol!

Well done to Ecky too.image

Jude, I bet the tree looks lovely. I thought of you as we put ours up. Sending hugs and hoping you feel tiptop pretty soon.

MC - commiserations on sick hubby, troublesome son, hair falling out and the dust! Sending big hugs your way too.

I amd feeling less anxious now the big christmas events I was responsible for are over. Hopefully I may even manage to unwind and relax.... but that is not in my nature so unlikely.

But I have discovered something wonderful this week. I have never really been a fan of high heeled shoes and the pregnancy and birth of the twins 9 yrs ago did unmentionable things to my pelvis which meant 30 mins of heels left me in a lot of pain. But since Feb I've been doing pilates once a week. On Wed eve we had our Chuch Christmas dinner and I wore a pair of heeled dress shoes for the evening. We were sitting for most of the time, but my back didn't hurt at all. So last night as I was hosting the Carol Service I wore my heeled court shoes I haven't worn since my last job interview 5 yrs ago. I was on my feet for the better part of 4 1/2 hrs with no pain at all image

After the weather of the tpast 2 weeks today was positively balmy so I did a bike ride this morning and 5 mile run this evening. I even did a couple of intervals image 

Laptop is at the doctors awaiting diagnosis image

Happy running everyone!

• Options

Can't believe it's soon time for 'just a little bit further 2013'... seems like just yesterday we were embarking on this one....they grow up so fast...sob.... image

• Options

So called 'happy' pill gave me 2 hours sleep.....Feeling very sorry for myself and hoping I can get through a day at work. Am wondering if the doctor should have said 'one to be taken in the morning'.

MC - thinking of you too! Hope the shampoo works. Do the windows look nice?

Hi to everybody else! xxx

• Options

imageMorning All

Sorry not been on for a while but been v busy/manic at work etc...last day at work for me today until after Christmas.image..yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..woke up yesterday with a very red bloodshot R eye (just in the corner) It looks weird..looks a bit better today.

Jude..aw so sorry you are feeling down and didn't get much sleep.(((((hugs)))) Bet your tree looks amazing. well done on getting your running in.

MC...hope your hair stops falling out....and hope your run goes well this morning...I cope better with routine too and once you are out of it..it kinda messes things up.

Chilli....Yayyyyyyyyyy you can now wera heels..you will be able to borrow some of Loula's big heels image well done on your bike and running

By'eck..hope your having a great time with your brother and sister-in law.How is Moo ? Is he sleeping better..

Hello to AF,Deejay,Ecky,RR,Matt,Rocker,Loula and everyone.....Have a good day.

Am going to gym for a tready 1 hr run.And then work..work work.

• Options
    Jude, if you are on anti-d's, they need to be taken in the morning as the chemicals they help your brain release disturb your sleep patterns.
  • Options
    Hello everyone!!!!! Just checking in and to apologise for absence but Laptop is in fit repair past few days and am having to log on here via phone which quite frankly is a darned pain to type on!! ???? I will try to go back and read all your news once I have the laptop back as its too tricky scrolling up znd down on phone. Franny sis I hope your eye gets better, looks like a burst vessel to me x
  • Options
    Aw chili, your laptop sick too? Mine had the Mcafee removed as it was such a pain and then it refused to log onto Internet at all grrrrrr
  • Options
    Jude, ADs are morning dose usually but check with your GP . If you take it at night you will have the dip in the day rather than the right way around .
  • Options

morning all

a lot to catch up on!

got out for a 3 mile walk/run this morning, yayyyimage

Jude, oh no, nothing worse than lack of sleep. Hope you get through the day ok

by eck - what happened to your toenail? Hope your toe isn't sore without it

well, better sort myself out for the day ahead

have a great day everyone

• Options
    It got damaged at abo. I knew as soon as I finished that it would go. It's mate on the other foot is also going to come off in the next few days.

MC, well done for getting out on your run. You must feel good

Jude, we are all here to support you. Huge hugs and Christmas cheer!

Moo is still not sleeping and his appetite is a bit dodgy. We're trying to decide if he needs to see a Dr. Mr by eck and I have set a line to review it
  • Options

MOOOOOORNING

Loula, I hope you get your lappytop sorted soon.

Morning Jude, I hope your Happy Pills work for you.((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

Hi Franny, I hope you enjoy your run.

Ouchie By Eck, sounds sore. How is our Moo today?

Morning Mathschick, how is OH today?

Just been out for a 3 miler. I am trying to build back up to the start of my training on the 31st Dec.

Oooooh so proud too of Middle Ecky. She has been chosen to be a Sports Captain for her house. My Ikkle shy baby is gaining confidence.

• Options

ecky - that is great news about your girlimage

I left OH in bed this morning but he says he is feeling loads better, thank goodness

starting to feel Christmassy here now, no real teaching to be done till January, just fun lessons and tests - shame about the marking created by the tests!

• Options

Afternoon,

Jude-Hope you feel better soon.We are all here for you .Take care.

byeck-I lost a toenail last night. It has been black for months and then fell off.Mrs AF wasn't impressed when I showed it to her!!

Ecky-Well done on your 2 miler.Well doen to little ecky. 

Franny & LLB - good to here from you. I was wondering about you two as it has been so quite on here. I though may be you had got togeher somewhere and caused mayhem!!!!

MC-Enjoy your rest. You deserve a break.

RR-Well doine on all of your exercise.It must be paying dividends.

Hi Chilli ,Ultra etc

Went out for a 13.7 mile run 1st thing this morning. Now I havea  question- although I felt fine throughout the run I ran on an empty stomach as whent out at 7.30am. What do people do with nutrition before long runs 1st thing in the morning? I didn't bother with a drink as well!!! In the New Year I want to increase my long runs so that I feel confident for my Marathon in April. Any advice would be appreciated.  

• Options

Hi AF - I've definitely got more definition on my chest, and even on my back - somewhere I've never had any definition before - at least nothing I've noticed.image

• Options

Hi! Back from school and I have a piano lesson this evening.image Just hope I can keep my eyes open.  Have 2 presentations tomorrow.  Students are excited and bored with practising the same things for ages.

I know I must appear very silly but my doctor told me to take a tablet in the evening.  (Hubby was there too.)  Pharmacist wrote on the box 'morning' but we thought we should trust the doctor.image Anyway, should get a good sleep tonight.  I'll try again with the tablets after my presentation. (Taking them in the morning.)

I'm up to date with all your posts and I'll try to come back later.....

Bye for now. xxxx

• Options

AF - I don't nowmally have anything before my morning runs but do take water with me. For longer morning runs I have a banana before going out and take gels/snacks with me. You need to experiement to find out what works for you

• Options
    Boss I have indeed been causing chaos
  • Options

AF - I shouldn't really comment as I don't think I've cracked the fuelling business. I often feel sicky and faint towards the end of a really long run.

Ecky - well done on your 3 miles and congrats for daughter's selection!

MC - Enjoy the Christmas countdown at school.  I really miss that here.

By'eck - sorry to hear Moo's still not sleeping...

Piano lesson went well.image

• Options

My laptop is fixed!!!!!!! imageimageimage The hard drive completly died/fried/stopped working and the guy couldn't get anything from it. I do a back up once a month so I haven't lost everything, but I was actually in the middle of my back up when it died! Fortunately I have most recent essay and study journal on an e-mail cos it had just been marked. And the Christmas events I was responsible for are over so it doesn't matter that those are lost. And I have a paper copy of most of my curriculum's for the new term, so I'm hoping there won't be too much work to repeat.

Byeck - your toe! image I lost one a couple of years ago and found it fascinating lol!

Good running AF. I have to admit I rarely run more than 6 miles first thing in the morning cos most of my LSR aare done in the afternoon/eve. So I don't have much advice to give re food. Although I have been known to grab an Sausage Egg McMuffin as I passed McD!.

Jude - good to hear the piano lesson went well and I hope you sleep better tonight.

Ecky - great news on your daughter's selection.

Franny - have a great Christmas Hols!

• Options

morning

chili - good that you got your laptop fixed. I think I need to back mine up as it has started playing up from time to time

Jude - hope you got a good night's sleep

early morning turbo session for me - was a tough session and I was so sweaty, didn't think the rest of the family woud be pleased if I had opened up the patio doors though!

have a great day everyone

• Options

Mooooorning

Thanks too. Middle Eckys Dodge Ball team came second yesterday in the inter-house comp so she was very pleased.

Morning Mathschick. Those Turbo sessions sound tough.

Yeeeeey Chilli, you got your lappytop back.

No running for me today,went out for a meal last night with a support group which was lovely and then Costa this afternoon with my Bessie. Slimming world weigh in and party tonight which is guna be fun.image

Well are we all ready for Christmas? I had confirmation last night that I can help out at our Church on Christmas Day for the Dinner they are putting on for the Homeless and those who are alone. I am so looking forward to it although it means Hubby will have to do our dinner and the kids are not impressed.

• Options

ecky - that is a lovely thing to do on xmas day. I am sure your hubby can manage and the kids will be busy playing with toys/arguing anywayimage

• Options

Morning,

Ecky-I echo MC what a lovely thing to do. 

MC-Well done on the turbo session.

Flying visit no running for me today after my long run yesterday.

Have a good day folks. 

• Options

Morning all

Well thats me finished with work till after christmas....yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I am happyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bout that i can tell you.image

Ecky...Aw that is a wonderfull thing to do..the gift of ones own time is so so precious..you are an ANGEL.

AF...well doen on your long run yesterday...I do my long runs earlyish and always have brekky..good old porridge usually before going out and take some gels and water withe me..depends on how far..don't usua;;y need gels if its less than 14 miles BUT i always fuel up with brekky before these runs and have my chocolate milk when I get back. But everyone is different..you will find your own ideal by trial and error.

MC..turbo sessions sound hard...had to laugh as I could picture you opening the patio doors and everyone else shouting Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum what are you doing..its freezing in here...lol...

My eye is still all red but getting better. I did 7 miles yesterday in an hour so feel i am getting my mojo back...no pain at all...went to gym for crosstraining this morning then swim and jaccuzzi.

Jude...hope you managed to sleep better last night.

Chilli...yay you got lappy fixed...bet your pleased.

Loula sis...your internet not working too..its a pain logging on from phone but at least its there as a back up...How is your wee leggy doing ? Hope its better. Psst thought we were keeping our mayhem quiet from da boss....I thought he wouldne notice we had been absent.

Matt...m'lad...how a re you keeping...hope your knee issue is getting better.

Deeejay..hope all is well with you and that your mum and wife are feeling better.

Have a good day everyone image

• Options

Franny-Thanks for that. How long do you run after breakky? 7 miles in an hour is a really good pace- your mojo is back. Hope eye gets better.

• Options

Good running Franny

AF - I can usually run within about 20-30 mins of breakfast... but I never go fast like you do.

Ecky- that is really lovely. I remember our fmaily doing that one year when we were teens and I can also remember not being impressed! But it is exactly the kind of thing I would do now it I could. Instead we are having 3 elderly ladies to join us here in the Manse for Christmas dinner/afternoon. Which is lovely. The girls are extremely happy with having guests and they love having the children dancing around. I just have to cater for several different diets in the one meal!

Long bike ride this morning. Well, I say 'long' but it was only 12 miles.image Fortunately I have several months to work up to 56.

• Options

nothing wrong with 12 miles chili

franny - well done, you are speedy

spending a lot of time today marking which I hate - it is so boring, but I want to get it all done before the holidays

• Options
    mathschick wrote (see)

nothing wrong with 12 miles chili

franny - well done, you are speedy

spending a lot of time today marking which I hate - it is so boring, but I want to get it all done before the holidays

Makes me chuckle sometimes when you guys say things like 'nothing wrong with twelve miles'.... I'd love to be able to go twelve miles!  Progress has ground to a halt for me and I'm not going to make any effort to push that until it starts to warm up again.  Instead, I might try and get a bit more speed in my runs. image  Might try and get out there later. image

Ohh - you were talking about bike miles.  Still... twelve miles - .image