Options

IM 16 - 17 hours club

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options

So how many of the people who've put themselves on this thread as Lanterne Rouge candidates actually took longer than 16 hours? Not the poor folk who DNF'd... the ones who finished in 16-17 hours. I can think of Button Mushroom, Slag and Timmy, but I'm going to hazard a guess that the majority of folks who put themselves in that bucket either didn't start, or finished quicker.

• Options

I'm sleek in the water, can ride a bike in a straight line but like a hippo not great on land for the run.

• Options

I think you are right stil. A lesson there somewhere?   

• Options

Red if running is your weak point you going to have plently of time before it starts to snow and get icey to get some miles in chuck. Even when it does you could always ever HTFU and get some good fell shoe's and run in the snow it's what I do but also run fell races so the cost isn't as grate or use a treadmill. It pains me to say treadmill so if I'm surgesting it you know it must be because it makes sence. image

Next year will be all about the bike so take your time at the moment to focus on your weak points.

• Options

Have trail shoes at the ready for when the weather turns, love a bit of mud,

dreadmillis last option for sheet ice. Did marathon training in snow so know I can do the miles Whatever the weather.

Will be working on run speed and hill riding on bike. At least I can rely on my swimming to get me through.

Training commences Monday. That's after two compete weeks of no activity that can be counted as exercise. Weeks rest and weeks holiday. Maybe I overdid the recovery from the half distance at Henley ?!

ten months to Bolton .... Bring on winter training