Comments

• Options
    slimshadyslimshady ✭✭✭

Brilliant!  Great stuff Rosey!  image

• Options

I have had a look back but I cant see any numbers for anyone else

I hope everybodys day has been as good   image

• Options

Wel done Rosey........ Wich one of you was wearing pirate kit?.... whoever it was I aarrrggggg  at you on the bike course near the Black Dog pub.....image

Hope everyone else finished ok......image

• Options

Woody was wearing kit too, I think? image 

• Options

Bloody well done everyone!  Any idea when next year's date will be announced?

• Options
    Cheers all, so far Kona bound but need to verify slots (think ok there) and check credit card image
  • Options

Well done Iron Rose!

• Options

Melli storming Outlaw, Rosey smashing IMUK, people might start to think Pirates are serious!

Cracking effort Rosey. I'll sponsor you a score towards Kona if you promise to try for podium!

• Options

Fantastic racing, Rosey. Congrats. Hope it's job done, because earning a slot would really validate everything you've invested. Awesome effort.

What's your news Woody... Lake etc? Where are you folks??

• Options
    Fab day for me yesterday...finished in a totally unexpected 13hr 37. Even after I crossed the line I was convinced I'd finished in 14.37.......it was only when I turned round to check the gantry I realised I'm crap at maths.

And best of all, I don't feel too bad today (even though I woke myself up at 5am to eat a can of Pringles) and I've just had two fried breakfasts.

Now off for a family holiday at Centre Parcs, where I wil do everything I can to avoid biking or swimming.......oh dear.

• Options
    Razor51 wrote (see)

Wel done Rosey........ Wich one of you was wearing pirate kit?.... whoever it was I aarrrggggg  at you on the bike course near the Black Dog pub.....image

Hope everyone else finished ok......image

I was in Pirate kit and at least one other to my knowledge. My sister husband and mum (in wheel chair) were opposite the pub near the car park entrance. The aaarrrgggs were thick on the ground everywhere making it difficult to pinpoint anyone, but thanks to you and everyone else on the course, the support really does make a massive difference.

Rank 472 overall ...... Div rank 4

incredible! the 55 - 59 age cat winner clocked a time of 9:58:07 and came 20 th overall.

• Options
    slimshadyslimshady ✭✭✭

Congrats Woody and Lake- great days racing!  image

Woody - up for the LW?!!!  image

• Options
    Woody I was the one outside the pub with the pirate t shirt on. Well done mate. Oh and a pint in my hand....image
  • Options

Been to the awards ceremony this morning, met and gratulated Rosey and surprisingly came away with an award image

I sort of had an idea, that the results might be wrong on the website when it was announced that the Kona slot had gone to an American, not Spanish guy. I went to check the official results on the notice board but someone had taken the sheet image, So it was a case of waiting for my age category to be invited up to receive the awards. Being at the older it kept my family and I in suspense for a while which in the end made for a nice build. When my time was read out I knew it was me 3rd 55 - 59  woohoo.

• Options
    Razor51 wrote (see)
    Woody I was the one outside the pub with the pirate t shirt on. Well done mate. Oh and a pint in my hand....image

Cheers matey yet to have my first pint, I felt sick and couldn't face any of the food on offer post event.

• Options

Well done, Woody - what a star imageimageimage !!

• Options
    Woody, was awesome to see you pick up award, great to say hi to but you need a pirate non racing top lol. Great racing matey
  • Options
    Rosey and woody you need to post pics of those fantastic trophies you have earnt as not everyone has you of Facebook
  • Options
    Will do when I get a real puter, iPad is pain in bum for that on here
  • Options

Well done all the pirates at Bolton yesterday - saw a couple of you on the course and Rose finish! Passed one of you in the car on bike leg and waved (haven't any pirate kit yet but found some yellow and black socks with skull and crossbones on so was waving them!)

So inspired - it was an amazing day!  Can't wait to do an IM!

• Options

Lake Maths becomes difficult in a stand alone marathon never mind an Ironman, well done you.

Slim when you mentioned LW the other day I was tempted, even thought about the BW which would fit in with my plan of carrying on with the marathon a month to hit 50 before the end of the year. Not sure at the moment I'll see how my recovery goes from this first.

Cheers Britrisky

Thanks Rosey. You're right but I've only just managed to get race kit.

JP gladly, hopefully tomorrow, my bed is calling me now image

• Options
    Congratulations Nick. Great time. #437 for me. I was very pleased. The swim was not as scary as I though. Managed to bash my toe when exiting the swim the second time, but tried to ignore it and don't think it mattered. Did not see anyone drafting all day which is brilliant. I was also very impressed with the marshalled bike course. Atmosphere around Bolton (especially the finish) was great like the weather, if not too sunny for the run, but can't moan about that. Very good event. Worth it. Over the moon.
  • Options
    Well done guys.

Just a quick thanks to the virtual supporters and on course alike, I (we) are always fed encouragement from the on course Sherpas, followers and it really does help, I court the abusive shouts as it spurs me on as much as the 'well dones' and 'keep goings' but makes me laugh more.

'move your fat arse' was a cracker yesterday but I had already prepped that one from a mate.

Wearing the black and yellow again has made a big difference again so many thanks, race report will follow in a day or so as back to work today and will have lots to catch up as totally switched off Friday onwards.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭

well done folks

Rosey - cracking job, well executed, great to see that you have qualified for Kona again. I'm proud to have met you. Inspirational stuff. We have seen in recent weeks that CRABs camp mates are vey good, he had best carry on camping !

• Options

Well that was interesting - I actually got sunburnt for the first time in 8 years of IMUK.

I saw / heard of a few bike horrors - particularly:

1. Chap who crashed on the speed bumps 200m or so out of T1

2. Car reversed out of driveway straight into a cyclist on a fairly fast section in one of the villages on the back section of the loop.  Looked nasty.

3. Japanese guy went over the bars at the sharp turn in Belmont - according to my supporter who witnessed it - he landed on his shoulder.

Does anyone know them / know how they are doing?  Very concerned for the car victim - he was lying in the road not moving.

Hope everyone else had an uneventful race and is recovering well.  Rumour has it that IMUK not returning to Bolton next year - anyone heard anything?

• Options

Massive well done to eveyone completing IMUK, but actually picking up an award must be extra special. Really well done must make all that hard work worth while. Look forward to reading some race reports.

• Options

only an occasional visitor to these parts, but just wanted to extend the hand of MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS to Rosey for his result this weekend - bumped into him several times over the weekend, including on the bike course - a top man, top racer and deserves all he gets - great work on a tough old day.

• Options

Sorry my report is only brief, I don't have much spare time and it takes me an age to write. this is copied form the other side that Mr Wiganer frequents. well done by the way, I can't believe you are retiring in your prime.

It wasn't a good one for me over an hour slower than last year.

Having downed my pre race pint and half of Guinness Sat night, I arrived home with the odd sniffle and sneeze. I took a hay fever tablet and went to bed, woke in the morning with a sore throat, bugger! Swim ok, T1 Ok, link to and first lap ok, second lap fading third lap suffered. T2 ok set off running ok then started to lose it on Chorley New Road. made it to feed station at the Beehive washed a gel down and still feeling rough as I passed a helper with two cups of water who asked, did I want them? I said yes, he said over your head? please, Brilliant that guy saved my run, I was clearly over heating which I should have know, coming of the bike with the wind generated cooling me to the relatively still air around me whilst running doh! I hung on and hung on to finishing in 13:09:35.