Options

Ultra 30

124»

Comments

• Options

Well, that was fun (if wet)! Well done everyone who finished! Running Rodent, you looked amazingly relaxed and energetic as you finished.

• Options
    loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

hey Debs , how did you do!!?

• Options
    She won, that's what she did image . First lady across the line! Not sure about 'relaxed and energetic' - I think 'happy to be finished' was probably nearer the mark! Good day, awful weather. Although I'd rather have the rain than massive heat, even if it did mean a bit of puddle jumping.

And now I can say I'm an ultrarunner. Yay image
  • Options

Well done Debra (and Running Rodent you were 2nd lady so well done you too) thanks for the company and your much needed help navigating the 1st half of the course, really enjoyed today's race so well done Ian and all the volunteers out there.

I hope everyone gets some much needed rest and are not to sore!!!

• Options
    Had a fantastic day today even though i was as wet as an otters pocket for most of it! Cheers Ian, will be back next year for sure
  • Options

Not to diminish Running Rodent's achievement at all, but to be fair to Clare I must point out that she came in just a few minutes behind me, and ahead of RR.

RR: Welcome to the ultrarunners! This was only my second official, although I've passed the marathon mark in training a few times, so I guess I've technically done a few Fat Ass runs.

Managed a very slow (bit over two hours) 12 miles this evening to give my 42 miles in B2B.

Jwheezy & everyone, you were all great company on the first half of the course and pulled me along amazingly. Glad to be of some service with the navigation (recce x 2 did help, as well as my fairly effective home-made dry-bag for the directions).

Pity about the race numbers disintegrating - I like to keep mine and write my time, placing etc. on them.

• Options
    Indeed, she was well ahead of me. I'm still celebrating '3rd lady' though image . And still chortling at 'wet as an ottter's pocket image .
  • Options

Celebrate away! - You deserve to!

It was really good for me to discover that wet-and-warm is fine for running long distances(having experienced the miseries of wet-and-cold at the Greater Manchester Marathon).

• Options

Anyone know if official results are anywhere? They were published last year, promptly (according to the reviews of last year's race).

• Options

Debra  and all - I will be sending out tonight.

• Options

Just about dried out from sunday.Has anyone recieved any results yet?