Options

Support Group 2

Comments

• Options
    bliddy hope so, heavy rain in my get up will be a nightmare, will weigh a tonne and never dry out. still never one to turn down a challenge image
  • Options

TP, your poem is very funny
    But substitute cat for bunny
    The Cheshire Cat has been replaced
    With the White Rabbit's toothy face
    Big ears one end, powder puff the other
    He'll go round, one hop after another
    While Alice skips in dress of blue
    And the Hatter trots alongside too
    Till Mile 17 we finally reach
    A glass of fizzy, one for each
    A hug or six, a tear or two
    Then on to 26.2

I won't give up my day job image

• Options
    I'll be floating along like the cheshire cat given the uppers and downers I'm on at the moment image
  • Options

Dear Alice and her motley crew
    What's a girl to do with you
    First a pussy, now a bunny
    A metamorphisis that's truly funny
    I'll write up a veterinary paper
    Based on this outrageous caper
    I'm sure there's a law forbidding
    Fizz for lagamorphs, and I'm not kidding
    And a glass for minor in a blue frock?
    Social services would faint in shock!
    Those who are mad as a Loon shaped Hatter
    No Moet for them, it's a serious matter
    Oh dear, I fear it's tea
    for you lot and Fizzy for me image

I won't give up mine either

• Options
    I'm just hoping I make the start line, I've got to try and put false eyelashes on, never done that, try and do orange eyebrows, paint my face white, oh and try not to glue my contact lenses to my eyes image

• Options
    Just your average night out in Essex then Loon image
  • Options
    Nite nite my truly mad friends.
  • Options
    I'm toning it down a little bit as it's posh london innit

night night tiptoes
  • Options
    Night night Twinkle Toes image
  • Options

Morning Twozies

Loon don't tone it down be yourself, I always is image

• Options
    And so today I'm back to work
    I must return, I cannot shirk
    Towards the lifts I make my way
    I cannot use the stairs today
    My quads are sore, and so's my hip
    My calves are giving me some gyp
    I'm really in a lot of pain
    When can I do it all again?

• Options
    Oh Ratty One, I feel your pain
    but as they say - no pain, no gain
    Climbing stairs may hurt your quad
    Your walking looks a little odd
    Remember why you feel like that
    and give yourself a great big pat
    on the back, because what you've achieved
    most people just would not believe
    So best foot forward, and take care
    About the kind of shoes you wear
    I say ti you, brothers and sisters
    Please don't end up with any blisters.

Ifangyew
  • Options

Morning Twosies

I shall be without rhyme today, my muse has left me.  It may return later.

More importantly, there is no peppermint tea for the machine at work.  Somebody will surely end up sacked for this terrible crime.

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Morning twosies. Tootsies trimmed and ready for action post chiropodist. Want to take them out and test them but tapr telling me to behave. Off to H and B for some Arnica for the calves. House repairs nearly finished so can make token appearance at work later today! Hope all in fine fettle and TP finds another calming drink! I'm trying to keep my muse at bay.
  • Options

Dear Rodent who loves to run
    Your tootsies hurt, that's no fun
    Do it again? you must be mad
    This marathon thing it's just a fad
    Maybe take a hobby that's less sore
    Start spotting trains - become a bore!
    Sewing stuff or knitting socks
    Prevent your rodent joints from shocks
    But if really must persist
    And more maras are on your list
    Some vet advice, here's the deal
    Stick to running in your hamster wheel image

Sorry, couldn't resist!

• Options

to anyone who knows

what time roughly do the last runners pass 17 miles and traffic start to move slowly

anyone whos previously been on Mudchute RW spectating who knows please

• Options
    TBH I can't remember Mick.  I'd say 2pm would see 95% of them through but I can't remember how quickly roads opened after that.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    The Final Scroungedown. E-mailing, FBing, Linked in ing, scrounging, begging. TBH the mara is easier than the collecting. Blinking hard work this fundraising lark but base targets achieved and well on  way to a good number. I'll be glad when this one is over tho!!!image
  • Options
    B*gger, I knew I meant to do summit last night .... I will chuck a coin in your bucket tonight SC.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Ta muchly...twasn't a hint, just relief at finishing the last lot of block beggingimage
    Breezy and cool for Saturday night...hope it stays that way Sunday
  • Options

Afternoon Twosies image

Excellent poetry going on - i am very impressed.

Hope all the runners are enjoying their tapering (i'm not sure enjoying is the right word - 'relief' at tapering might be more accurate).

• Options
    The tapir is well and truly on the loose in the Thread.  Most are embracing its arrival and showering it with hugs, some are staring at it from the far corner.
  • Options
    And in today's not news for VLM .... I have purchased the mandatory plastic champagne flutes and wine glasses from Mr Sainsbury's emporium.
  • Options

TP

i hope u have a slapping stick

• Options

Not necessary Mick,  a short sharp stare from me will be more than enough.

• Options

Hi All. Apologies for radio silence. I'm at my mum's who's been taken ill (she'll be OK - but a bit of a shock), but I'm STILL ON FOR SUNDAY. I don't have my number with me so I'll post that here when I get back home on Thurs or Fri. But I'll be running in a pale purple T shirt which will have either Sarah or Que Sera Sarah on it. I'll be at mile 17 about 3 hours after I get past the start... I'll be coming to the expo Saturdaya fternoon so will say hello to anyone who's at the RW stall then.

(I should also say that I will be wearing shorts or running tights as well as the T shirt. I've learned my lesson after that unfortunate business at the Ashby 20. Leicestershire police were quite insistent about dress code)

• Options
    Can anyone advise what to wear on the day. If it's cool weather I'm thinking of long leggings and a long sleeved-top so i don't get cold if I have to walk now and again, but looking back a photos of past marathons most people seem to be in shorts and short sleeves.
    Advice would be welcome.
    Thank you
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Regardless of weather you will get hot on the day. If it's lots of precipitation and windy yes wear leggings and long sleeves, but if forecast mild(ish) not advised. Even if drizzling the longs can get heavy, chaffy etc. What did you wear on your long runs?
  • Options

My advice would be to wear short sleeves, as you will almost certainly get too hot if you wear long sleeves. Also, if it is wet on the day, long sleeves will be heavier on your body - and skin dries faster than fabric anyway! You could always do what I do and buy a fleece in the charity shop to wear before the start and just discard it once you warm up after you start running.

I usually wear 3/4 leggings, rather than shorts or long leggings. It always feels to me like a nice compromise image

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Must take tapir for a walk and a beer to stop thinking about a run...tis good carbo loading methinksimage