Options

Outlaw 2013

Comments

• Options

or make your own fry up image

• Options
    AliBear30 wrote (see)

Holgs I thought you were skipping the long stuff next year, or was that another pirate? image

Discussions have started with my family, hubby has said ican if I really want to but I must promise not to get hurt or damage myself training etc. So just the kids to talk round now image

I shall be good and not enter until they've all mumble the word OK or Yes or any variation on that theme.

By skipping the long stuff I meant I'd curtailed my plans to do a double. I am going to have one last crack at going under 12 hours.

• Options

Oh heck. Entries open. This means I need to make a decisionimage

How long do people think I've got to dither about this.

Happychap - Thanks for the help the other week, but bad of you trying to get me to enter Outlawimage

Help,help, help. Will this take my life over. Will I need to go to bed at 9 every day. I'm exhausted just thinking about it

• Options

I go to bed at 9 everyday anywayimage

• Options

So do I, but not with Seren

• Options

there's nothing wrong with bed by 9 is there? image

• Options

Over 300 entries gone already, don't think you've got till November this year. It's a popular race.

• Options

Ok I'm going to talk to other half tonight. I know he'll support me anyway but up til now he's thinking that I'll just stop talking about it one day and it will become a distant memory.

Ironholgs read your book - fantastic read. Thanks

• Options

Thank you - very kind of you to say so.

Brilliant that you have the other half on board, that's a vital ingredient to Ironman success in my humble opinion.

• Options
    Ironholgs wrote (see)

Over 300 entries gone already, don't think you've got till November this year. It's a popular race.

how do you know how many places have gone?

I need to enter this but not payday yetimage

• Options

Go to the website and count the names on the entered list or use a little trickery and copy and past them into excel.

330 at last count

• Options

my name will be on that list ........ image

• Options

Arghh OH is starting to change his tune now. He nows says he doesn't think I can do it. He doesn't mind me doing traithlon but I'm not capable of Iron distance races. image

Hmm actually maybe he does want me to do this, best way to get me to do most things is tell me I'm not capable of it. image

• Options
    The Evil Pixie wrote (see)

Cool I have 2 targets!! Mind you I will be behind the pair of you!

Actually serious question (I am SO sorry for being serious!)

What is the score with camping and showers? I expect to finish near on 11 and have to be in school before 8 the next day. If I drive home I won't get home until about 1 so I wondered about staying Sunday night and going straight to school (Derby) would that be a goer?

Pixie while there are hotel's nearby i would say camping is the way to go because you can just roll out of your tent on the day and also gives you a option if your conpleately f***ed after the race and just want to think about nothing and drink a beer. Going straight to work on the monday is very doable but if you somehow get the day off work you will feel better for it and get to have a full engish with the rest of the rabble.image

sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

I wouldn't be suprised if it sells out earlier this year - it's a great race, increasing in popularity and with the tv coverage (although perhaps only insomniacs saw it...) it might get even more of a boost. 

Still undecided...

Gougous you can do it. Only issue is what the nice man say's about your knee. If you want to play go for it I wouldn't think about what could go wrong think about how cool you will look with one of those T-shirt's. image

bburn plO.dder wrote (see)

I'm in with my team.

A family affair, me run, OH cycle, sister-in law (or me) swim. I think I'll call us "The Lancashire Hotpots". image

image No your not I've seen them they are much older, fatter and less lovely they do have a rather good song about pirates through.

*anyone not from the north don't worry tis a local thing, give them a goggle Oh and while your at it goggle the macc lads imageimage *

Iron Pingu wrote (see)

Oh blimey, another 50 places gone, it's up to 346! image

Decisions decisions...

Rafiki wrote (see)
    Iron Pingu wrote (see)

You can get cooked food from the cafe/restaurant next to the lake and I think the camp site had a small shop where you check in.

But only if you like dry toast - or fancy getting up early!! image

Best Supermarket breakfast EVER though !

seconded image

• Options

It was a very good breakfast. Still upset I didn't know they had black pud image

AliBear30 wrote (see)

Arghh OH is starting to change his tune now. He nows says he doesn't think I can do it. He doesn't mind me doing traithlon but I'm not capable of Iron distance races. image

Hmm actually maybe he does want me to do this, best way to get me to do most things is tell me I'm not capable of it. image

Book it now whilst you can. It gives you 10 months to help him change his mind.

• Options

Ali, do YOU think you can?
    As Holgs has said a few times (and others) if you dont have full backing of partners and/or significant others it makes the journey a lot harder
    What is your base at the moment??  ie: where are you at in terms of all 3 disciplines?

• Options
    Ali you can completely do this as long as you think you can. But, as all the others have said, you need buy in from the other half.
  • Options
    The Evil Pixie wrote (see)

almmost half full in under 24 hrs - 517 places gone

516 of them finishing ahead of me! image

• Options

Not like those lightweights at the front who can only keep going for 9 or 10 hours!image

• Options

I highly recommend being last pirate: the welcome home is truely orsum image

/members/images/4293/Gallery/Outlaw_finish.jpg

• Options

Doesn't matter if you're wearing yellow/black or green or a bit of both Pixie, just so long as everyone recognises you image

• Options

bl00dy hell - this is getting IM-popular!  OK, where is my credit card... gulp!

• Options

I loved Outlaw this year image and have just sat and read through all of this thread and loving the excitement.  Unfortunately I promised not to do IM next year but have mentioned that I want to do Outlaw again.   I'm wondering if hubby meant no relay either........might have to bring that into a conversation.  Would love to do the bike in a relay but not sure what his response to that one would be! image

• Options

Bugger - I thought I had a few days to play with before taking the plunge...looks like it's time to call on Captain Credit Card