Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

@get_down

If you're chumming with any doctor friends then they should be happy enough to fill out the form rather than your GP. An uni friend has already agreed in exchange for a pint.

If you phone up and request at the surgery then normally the front desk will quote a stupid figure but if you just ask your GP next time you are in for whatever reason (preferrably not one that would cause concern for running a marathon) they would probably be willing to just sign and stamp the form.

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

James - That's different from me. Like Dannirr, Neil and Emmy I got the already registered message at that point.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Mark Beevor wrote (see)

If you're chumming with any doctor friends then they should be happy enough to fill out the form rather than your GP. An uni friend has already agreed in exchange for a pint.

Hmm....I see the beginnings of a magnificent plan.... I could be awash in pints for just the mere flash of my ink on your medical certificate...

• Options

Eggyh - how long did you wait before you went back into it?

• Options
    Dannirr wrote (see)
    Mark Beevor wrote (see)

Hmm....I see the beginnings of a magnificent plan.... I could be awash in pints for just the mere flash of my ink on your medical certificate...

yep..  Bring your 'stamp' in November and we can all form an orderly queue...  image

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

...behind me....

• Options

Help!! I've ben trying to register all day, when I do finally get onto the ASO page its all in French with no English option and no option to select UK/GB as home country in the drop down menu??

• Options

I'm forming a queue behind Yer Maj. Is this queue going to be in London or in Brighton? (I suggest London in case Dannirr doesn't make itimage )

We have a few other doctors as well don't we - Iain Moore?

Dannirr you're already going to be awash in pints for the bracelets image

• Options

should be a flag in top right corner

• Options

AHHHHH!!!!!!!  PHUCKING DUMB PHUCKING NUTTTS!  image imageimage Been reading throughout the day and trying to enter.  Got a confirmation of my payment at the €65 rate but no email or on my races.  Went through the registration again to see if it came up but it appears that the first one didn't go through...so have had to enter on the 80 rate.  I knew it'd be a nightmare but am astounded by the degree of GRRRRRRRRRRR.  image  If there's two payments on my CC I'm going to be livid.  Sooooo much I could rant about (everything that's wrong with IT releases) but I'm going to go for a little taper trot and then to rock myself to sleep tonight.  Oh yeah...also, I don't need this kind stress when I'm already taper mad!!!  They really should consider me more.image

• Options

I clicked that then the button to say 'join' which goes to a page all in red and in french with no flag appearing image

• Options

So I am in this time.  Same as Dannirr, no sign of an email or race listing on the ASO page so tried to register again, got straight through, validated payment again (at Euro 80 this time!!).  Confirmation email straight away at the Euro 80 rate.  Pending transactions on the credit card looks suspiciously like the sum of two euro payments (when converted).  WARNING to all your not in until its listed (but they might have taken your money anyway!)

Je tiens à préciser une plainte ...

BIB number 41369 (Vert) for the list fairy.

Oh, hello by the way, I forgot my manners in all the tension!

• Options
    I'm in for 65??? bib no 30188.

Will be my 4th marathon and first attempt at Paris. Hoping for sub 4hrs
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Neil Belgium wrote (see)

Is this queue going to be in London or in Brighton? (I suggest London in case Dannirr doesn't make itimage )

ooh - like a sword to my heart image   Unfortunately, it may be true! But I shall give it my best effort, never having driven this car more than 10 feet before.  My current preperation involves polling all the nurses I work with for ideas on an appropriate Edwardian facial hair style.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
  • Options

Exact same boat as JamesB. I've got a receipt in front of me telling me my transaction date was 11.45 gmt, but no entry.

I've e-mailed ASO but not entirely hopefull that will do anything. Think I'm going to sit it out till tomorrow then re-apply if I don't here anything.

Very dissapointed with the whole process though. I can understand it being busy, but mistakes like these are just amateurish. I'm sure there's a stereotype in this..

• Options

In the same boat as a lot of people I think; payment taken at e65, confirmation screen, no confirmation email, not in My Races. Ah. Can't afford to put through a second at e80, so will wait a couple of hours and see what happens and then drop them an e-mail. Hopefully as the payment has been taken and listed as verified they'll sort it out.

• Options

Im going to give it a couple of hours and see what happens. I got the message saying i was succesfull. I imagibe getting the money out of them for making two payments is going to be nigh on impossible.

• Options

with yer daddsy

• Options

Danniir: lol. Any excuse to chat up the nurses huh?

• Options

What a day!! Still no confirmation email, but thanks to the advice of Yer_maj I have a bib number - 14467, ever the optimist with the 'blue' corner!!!!

Tunnel at mile 17 was what finished me off this year.........image

Are we sure about emailing the medical certificate...........definately a NO?!?

RS - hugs.image

Oh.........WELCOME  all Newbies to the forum...........the place that keeps us all sane!!!image

• Options

To all those without confirmation email...........Yer maj had the answer!!! Click on the marathon in your races, then go to subscription track at the bottom and click on 'all the news' just under and you should get your bib number etc..........well I did!!image

• Options

Neil - Taper madness????????

• Options

It's not showing in our races for quite a few of us, unfortunately, despite confirmed payment and the registration confirmation screen.

• Options

Ohhhhhhhhhh I don't know then...........

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@Kaz1 - that worked for me as well.

Also regarding the taper madness: Certificate dated less than a year to provide on-site at the bib (no mailing is allowed)

• Options

Not in my races, despite confirmation that we've paid. It does say wait for a few hours for the email and it is definitely going through my bank account.

• Options
    djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

I registered both myself and other half later. Her confirmation came through immediatleyimage, still waiting for mineimage

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

I notice the lower price allocation already sold out.