Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

I obviously don't watch enough TV???image

I feel slightly better......think my early night did me good. Out at KOC for an easy 6.5k. Slightly longer than I am supposed to but all ok apart from the wind and cold making me wheezy.......I think I am needing to borrow juniors inhaler.image

RS - My Iron stuff arrived yesterday, and thank goodness it tastes better than it looks!!! Hopefully it will be more success than the supplements the doc has had me on for years!!image

• Options

Not a good night sleep for me..  mrs dv is still on the hourly medication for her eye infection. I've been coping with the disrupted sleep for the last 7 nights but her 1am slot woke me to the extent that I never got back to sleep again..  I feel very groggy this morning....

Kaz...  best of luck with the iron supplements...  are you sure you need them though and can't just eat more iron rich foods?

• Options
    Crikey, I turn my back for five minutes, a nerd-fest breaks out and you're fantasising about John Major image .

Started on my Olympics box set. Many hours later and I'm still only on 's' in the athletes' parade. It's going to be a long haul...
  • Options
    DV - look after yourself. There's an ice cream at stake on Sunday. And Kaz - are you sure it's OK to take the iron supplements as well as what your doctor's given you? There are other ways of becoming an Iron (Wo)man than drinking the stuff image .
  • Options
    It's not the era that is a problem Jimbob. I'm just not that nerdy about the film industry and most scifi/ fantasy genres leave me utterly cold. But that's just me. Each to their own kinda weirdness I say!image
  • Options

DV / RR -  I am not going to take the iron supplements from the doc anymore, they've never done any good anyway. This other stuff gives you 100% recommended daily dose in 10ml, so going to use that just to try and boost my iron levels but also try and eat more iron rich food although I already eat lots of broccoli and spincah.Hopefully this stuff will boost my iron levels upto a nearer normal level???image My mum also told  me last night not to be taking both!!

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - Good to hear you are back out, but just make sure you don't over do it.

I'm already bored senseless with stretching and no running. It's going to be a very long few weeks.

• Options

Dannirr and I were interviewed for a BBC Radio Kent feature on the race on Sunday...  the finished edited version was emailed to me last night and I've just listened to it again..  its great fun..   the presenter has captured the facts of what we're doing plus the sense of humour involved...   it is 11MB..   if anyone would like to listen, PM me your email address and I'll forward it.   It will be broadcast on several BBC networks tomorrow.

• Options
    Morning Everyone, trust we all are well?

Ok, so yesterday was a big day for me. First run for months and months. Weighed myself before I started, 14st 7 3/4lbs...a whole 26lbs above fighting weight. Only ran 4 miles and it took 35 minutes, but hell it felt good to be out there pounding the streets again.

Best of it all, neither during the run, or afterwards, or this morning have I felt any of the old niggling injuries. Fingers crossed it stays that way...158 days left to lose the weight and get some quality miles under my belt!

Anyone know roughly when Eurostar tickets will go on sale for apr 5? Will it be this year or next? Cheers
  • Options
    P.S. ESB is quite possibly the best piece of cinematography ever made. Hayden Christiansen given the role of Anakin probably the worse piece of casting ever made. Natalie Portman definitely the most beautiful woman ever made (don't think the other half reads RW!)
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Johnny - It must be good to get back out after a long lay off. I for once and now being careful about what I eat, as regular eating habits and no training would no doubt send my weight quickly in the wrong direction.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all, I'm a little lost between Star wars, john major and Mr Grey... 

@Kaz - I hope that the supplements work. I've been prescribed some for 'joint care'.... whatever that means.

@DV - can you have any naps during today to catch up on the sleep or is it still every hour during the day? Can you send me the link when you have a minute - would love to see it. I think you have my email?

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Johnny - nice one!  Take it easy now, don't get carried away...

DV - send me yer interview, work email please.  And get some sleep, we can't have you falling asleep tomorrow night....

Scifi/fantasy doesn't do it for me, either.  Husband no 1 was really into it couldn't understand why I wasn't.  Husband no 2 has a Good Film formula:  Subtitles = good.  Incomprehensible plot = better.  Wanting to kill yourself by the end = best.  All 3 = Perfection.

One day I will have a normal husband.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

DV - PM'd (not John Major)

BTW how are the London-Paris plans going? Are you running through the tunnel or did another cunning plan take precedence?

• Options

gotta go now..   will email those you have asked a bit later...

London-Paris-London is pretty much sorted I think..  I have a route and an idea of logistics...   not planning on the tunnel...  route is London-Newhaven-Dieppe-Paris.   Same on the way back...    doing it in three days each way...  leaving London on the Wednesday, arrive Paris Friday, expo Sat, marathon Sun, leave Paris on Monday arriving back in London on Wednesday.   

Should be a bit of a laugh...  

• Options

DV - ditto, PM'd. Lack of sleep doesn't sound too clever. Hope the rest of the week goes better.

How are the rest of you all today?

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I'm a bit disturbed by this John Major stuff to be honest.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Proper ladies man, Mr Major - ask Edwina Currie image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Orbutt wrote (see)

Proper ladies man, Mr Major - ask Edwina Currie image

image I had a nice giggle at this.

Well... I came into the office all prepared this morning for my meetings and due to Sandy I have no outlook, ability to connect to any servers in the US and i'm stuck trying to give clients a meeting that I cant get access to..... So all in all - the rest of my day will be spent on here and catching up on paperwork.

• Options

seems like i'm now fully registered for berlin

• Options
    +1 on the not all that interested in sci-fi. Especially American stuff where CGI is seen as an acceptable substitute for plot or characters. Some dystopian British sci-fi from the 60s to 80s was ok I guess.

I probably favour the mr_maj approach though the older I get the less interested I am in 'upsetting' films. Possibly as I end up blubbing image
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

seems like i'm now fully registered for berlin

Same here!

• Options
    Thought you couldn't complete registration until next week?

I'm struggling with webmail so no idea if they've sent me anything...so far I've seemingly received only 2 emails where I normally get a dozen spam-ish mails a say.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I thought the same thing... but I've just posted and a few others have received the email. They could be doing it 'bands' so the first tier go first etc.

• Options

hmmm ... thats what i was thinkin DLR, but the emails/code came in - i did it and got confirmation that €66 is being charged to my card (didnt bother with the 20 euros for the tshirt malarkey)  - its all about the medal and the spiritual experience for me.

• Options

i have an old championchip (thats 8 years old and lookin a bit crusty but i couldnt get the number off it so just stumped up the €6 euros for the rental one. better to be safe on that one i think. (the chip doesnt lie - unless you take a massive shortcut!)

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    I probably favour the mr_maj approach though the older I get the less interested I am in 'upsetting' films. Possibly as I end up blubbing image

So does he...

10k for me this morning, with my metronome.  Scared a few locals with the beeping but have given up on trying it on vibrate only.  Right hip and leg feel a bit unstable and niggly again...hoping it's because I've changed my gait/cadence slightly and trying not to worry.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

YM - how are you finding the metronome? What cadence have you set it at?

I tried once at 180bpm  and couldn't get to grips with it

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I now have it set at 182 bpm which, for some reason, seems to suit me better.  The hardest part is keeping it slow - the natural instinct for me is to run faster.  This time it was easier than on Monday, it felt more natural again.  I have no problem on tempo runs or intervals, the challenge is going to be the easy paced runs!

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Danniir & DV - great interview image