Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Morning all, back in the fold and going to try first run since 14/10 tonight. Felt carp alll last week, although back at work. Got to get Mojo in line . Although still coughing a tad got a busy schedule coming up. Who is doing what put me down for:
    17 Nov Stratford Half
    17 Feb Nice 10m
    March 3 Hogweed Hilly Half
    March 24 Lexington Half
    March 30 Dallas Ha;f
    Apr 7 Maybe Paris (Competition dependent!)
    Apr 21st VLM
    May 26 Maybe, just maybe Embra
    August 5 Dublin Half
    (So farimage)

• Options

Straycelt.

Get a big mixing bowl, fill it with boiling water and spoonfull of Vics and get your head under a towel over it.

I had to take the last 2 weeks off due to bad cough, 2 days of that in the evenings before bed, cleared the cough up almost completely. 

• Options

Thanks THG...it's just a hangover from 'flu but if that works to finish it/me off could be worth a goimage

• Options

Yeah mine was the same, it was the cough that just wouldn't go away after flu! very debilitating for running mind...

• Options

Dec 9: Lisbon Half - Tiddy.
    Jan 5/6: Enigma Double - Emmy.
    Jan 12: Nato Run-Bike - TD
    Jan 20: Four Villages Half - Dave The Ex Spartan, Orbutt.
    Feb 17: Bramley 20 - Tiddy. Wrexham Half - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    17 Feb Nice 10m
    Feb 23: Standish Hall Trail Race - DLR.
    Feb 24: Malta Marathon - Emmy.
    Mar 3: Paris Half - ATM. Silverstone Half - Jimbob. Surrey Spitfire 20 - Tiddy.
    Mar 16: Eco Trail de Paris - Emmy.
    Mar 17: Inverness Half - Kaz. Liverpool Half - Orbutt. Reading Half - Jimbob.
    Mar 18: St Anne's 10-miler - DLR.
    Mar 23: Thames Path Ultra - Dark Vader.
    Mar 24: Harewood House 10k - DLR. Hastings Half - Tiddy.
    Apr: London-Paris-London: Dark Vader.
    Apr 7: Paris Marathon - Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub.
    Apr 21: Antwerp Marathon - Emmy. London Marathon - Eggy.
    Apr 28: Chirk Sprint Tri - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    May 5: Richmond Half - Tiddy. Mont St Michel marathon Princess Fi & Emmy
    May 11: Kintyre Way Ultra - ATM.
    May 26: Edinburgh Marathon - Tiddy.
    May 27: London 10k - Jimbob. Jun 9: Bala Half Ironman - Dave The Ex Spartan. Strathearn Marathon - Kaz.
    Jun 15/16: South Downs Way Ultra - Dark Vader.
    Jun 23: Torbay Half - Jimbob. Jun 29: Giants Head Trail Marathon - Emmy.
    Jul 16-18: Badwater Ultra: Dark Vader.
    Aug 3: The Devil O The Highlands Ultra - Kaz.
    Aug 10: North Downs Way Ultra - Dark Vader.
    Sep 7: Medoc Marathon - Dark Vader. Sep 9: Bala Olympic Triathlon - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    Sep 15: Great North Run - Jimbob, Tiddy.
    Sep 29: Berlin Marathon - DLR, Emmy, Jimbob, Kaz, Neil Belgium, Orbutt. Tiddy.
    Oct 8 - Jersey Marathon Princess Fiona
    Oct 27: Frankfurt Marathon - Emmy.
    Nov 3: New York Marathon - Tiddy.
    17 Nov Stratford Half

Well that took a while to add moi to list!!! 

Belated congratulations to all Amsterdam PB Peeps and the fab new sub 4 achievers - am in aweimage.

DV:  how very impolite of me - a massive thank you for the dreadie hill workout - I'd forgotten how much I just love doing it!!!!!!

Managed 9 miles on sunday at a very lovely 9.30 mm avg pace and nothing broke so exceptionally happy!!!  10 x 400m speedy stuff tomorrow - wiosh me luck I may be sometime.

Tried to catch up but got lost ...........  so much to catch up with so little time .........

• Options

17 Nov Stratford Half Straycelt
    Jan 12: Nato Run-Bike - TD
    Feb 17: Bramley 20 - Tiddy. Wrexham Half - Dave The Ex Spartan. Nice 10m Straycelt
    Mar 3: Paris Half - ATM. Silverstone Half - Jimbob. Surrey Spitfire 20 - Tiddy.  Hogweed Hill Half Straycelt
    Mar 24: Harewood House 10k - DLR. Hastings Half - Tiddy. Lexington Half Straycelt
    Mar 30 Dallas Half Straycelt
    Apr 7: Paris Marathon - Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub. Straycelt?
     Apr 21: Antwerp Marathon - Emmy. London Marathon - Eggy. VLM Straycelt
    May 5: Richmond Half - Tiddy. Mont St Michel marathon Princess Fi & Emmy May 11: Kintyre Way Ultra - ATM.
    May 26: Edinburgh Marathon - Tiddy. Straycelt?
    May 27: London 10k - Jimbob. Jun 9: Bala Half Ironman - Dave The Ex Spartan. Strathearn Marathon - Kaz. Jun
    15/16: South Downs Way Ultra - Dark Vader.
    Jun 23: Torbay Half - Jimbob.
    Jun 29: Giants Head Trail Marathon - Emmy.
    Aug 5th: Dublin Half Straycelt
    Sep 7: Medoc Marathon - Dark Vader.
    Sep 9: Bala Olympic Triathlon - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    Sep 29: Berlin Marathon - DLR, Emmy, Jimbob, Kaz, Neil Belgium, Orbutt. Tiddy. Oct 8 - Jersey Marathon Princess Fiona
    Tidied up and added m'bitsimage

• Options

Breaking news....

OO lets go. wrote (see)

Just worked out that the Engineer was Slow Engineer (I'm quick like that).

I'd also like to mention that I used to own a pair of green trousers- what happened to those?

Poor last week for me, hope to do better this one. Big 10 mile race planned next Sunday.

Green trousers were never in mate. Which leads me to qualify one of my earlier statements. When I said I a couple of pages ago that you were the person I looked up to on this thread, it was related to improving running speeds in the 2nd half of a running career, not your fashion sense. image

I think OO and myself are doing VLM again next year, maybe PF too. Eggy won't be on his own.

• Options

hooray - a close friend of mine is running Paris. I called him up to see if he wanted to do LSRs with me as he lives close by and mentioned the Paris thing and turns out he is SO up for it - he always said he'd never run a marathon but i think he wants to use the training to get himself in some sort of shape. he's always been a good runner over the shorter distance - 40-42 mins for a 10K - very powerful chap - did a lot of kickboxing training/sparring over the years so not afraid of a hard workout. I'll try to steer him towards the thread as he's a complete marathon newbie.He's called Dan - we went to Primary and Secondary school and have been pals for our adult life so I am really pleased he's joining us. He's starting from scratch as he just had a couple of months of with a dicky hammy, so he's "pre-training" for a few weeks and will join me on some runs from mid December.

• Options

TJB - Good to get your friend on board for the long runs if you are both aiming for the same sort of pace.

I've known about half my mates since primary school, but I've never figured if that means I'm great at staying friends with folk or rubbish at making new friends! image There's zero chance of any of that mob ever running a marathon though.

• Options

TJ...if he sticks in the training his 10k indicates3.10-3.20 capability...v.  respectable and a reasonable target methinks

• Options

Egg/Stray: he's quite competitive but he only has one gear at the moment - every run is a race to run faster than he ran last time so i have to rein him in a little bit on the LSR. He's never even ran a half yet - 10 miles is the farthest hes been. I think the marathon is on his list of things to "try" compared to most of us where long distance running is normal everyday life. (and what would life be without it?) if he trains properly i expect him to go quicker than me but we're both starting in Grey for now - see how the training goes - we might move up one colour. Sounds like he just wants to get Sub4 and be done with it. (bet he goes a lot quicker than that!)

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

image Inspired by a cpouple of you, I had a go at DV's Dreadmill hills workout, this morning. I am ,now, cream-crackered...I'm going to repeat the ( horrible ) experience and see if I manage to get to the end without pressing the 'pause' button 3 times...

That's great news, TJB. If it really is going to be Dan's 'once-in-a-lifetime' marathon, he'll be soooooo glad of your company and support....even tho' he probably doesn't apprciate quite how much, for the moment.

Eggy, my running-buddy...the 'non-thread' AMT ( You've no idea how long it took us to come up with our initials as nick-names..) ..gets back from holiday next week. I see no good reason why she shouldn't do a relay leg....image. I will work on selling the idea to her..I'm doing the Half. Would you be happy with a Half relay? The 3 stages are 26k, 8k and 22k..

• Options

ATM - I'd be happy with that if your friend is interested in the relay.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

image I'll work on it, then.

• Options

I need to stop going to work just so I can keep up with this thread!!!image

What a list!!image

I am bogged down in major decision making.............and how costly things are going to be........how much time I am going to have to spend away from home and how much time travelling...........nothing worth doing is ever simple right???image

• Options

Kaz - It never seems to be, but if it's the work stuff you are mulling over then the simple way to think about it is to think what will you be doing ten years from now? A few years of pain to be doing something you are happy with or ten years in the same sort of work that you're doing now.

That's what made me take the hit and return to education to retrain a good few years ago now.

• Options

Eggy - I know its what I want, just trying to wade my way through the courses out there and sort the best and most affordable option??? I think I am pretty near my desicion!! I have my kidz backing its just the rest of the world now!!image And the small matter of money...........

• Options

Kaz - I hope you can work something out. Fingers crossed for you.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    kaz1 wrote (see)

how much time I am going to have to spend away from home and how much time travelling........... 

That explains everything. Kaz can Time Travel.

• Options

Honestly, I leave the house for half a day and look what happens to the list. Missing dashes, missing colons - my OCD's having a meltdown here...

Nov 17: Stratford Half - Straycelt.
    Jan 12: Nato Run-Bike - TD.
    Feb 17: Bramley 20 - Tiddy. Nice 10m - Straycelt. Wrexham Half - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    Mar 3: Hogweed Hill Half - Straycelt. Paris Half - ATM. Silverstone Half - Jimbob. Surrey Spitfire 20 - Tiddy.
    Mar 24: Harewood House 10k - DLR. Hastings Half - Tiddy. Lexington Half - Straycelt.
    Mar 30: Dallas Half - Straycelt.
    Apr 7: Paris Marathon - Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick, Tich.
    Apr 21: Antwerp Marathon - Emmy. London Marathon - Eggy, Straycelt.
    May 5: Mont St Michel Marathon - Emmy, Princess Fi. Richmond Half - Tiddy.
    May 11: Kintyre Way Ultra - ATM.
    May 26: Edinburgh Marathon - Tiddy.
    May 27: London 10k - Jimbob. Jun 9: Bala Half Ironman - Dave The Ex Spartan. Strathearn Marathon - Kaz.
    Jun 15/16: South Downs Way Ultra - Dark Vader.
    Jun 23: Torbay Half - Jimbob.
    Jun 29: Giants Head Trail Marathon - Emmy.
    Aug 5: Dublin Half - Straycelt.
    Sep 7: Medoc Marathon - Dark Vader.
    Sep 9: Bala Olympic Triathlon - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    Sep 29: Berlin Marathon - DLR, Emmy, Jimbob, Kaz, Neil Belgium, Orbutt. Tiddy.
    Oct 8: Jersey Marathon - Princess Fiona.

• Options

3rd March - St David's Day 10k

7th April - some jaunt around Paris

6th October - Cardiff Half

26th October - Beachy Head Marathon

There will be more...I think this thread actually needs its own Forum.

• Options

We could start a magazine as well

I don't mind adding any other events to the list and posting it at the start of each week. Otherwise the thread's going to get bogged down each time the list gets updated.

• Options

Weedy... fancy adding me to this list?! I'll only break it... image

Paris (naturellement!), May 11th - Mallorca IM70.3, July 28th - Ironman Switzerland.

I was right yesterday... I am back on the injury bench. So, so very frustrating. 

• Options

Will do Engineer. You aiming for Kona?

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

@ The Engineer.You're doing IMCH on my birthday.I expect a good performance, in celebration. No pressure.image

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ATM wrote (see)

I'll be 39...

Yeah, same as me.  I was 39 this year.  I might try 38 next year for a change.

• Options

I've been looking at races over the summer - August specifically - but there aren't too many are there?

• Options
    Birchwood 10k ? And you get a towel...

And in a very sexist move lady runners get a bunch of flowers as well !
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Isn't the Kirkwall Half in August?  Time to visit Kaz... Or a wee trip to Mull? Or out to Lochmaddy?

* Dear visitscotland. Ge'ez a joab...*