Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Emmy, I hate to say it but are you sure you've not been overdoing it this last few weeks/months??? You have been incredibly busy and somewhere different every weekend?!?!

Eggy- That just about echoed my dad today too.........apart from wanting to run!!

• Options

Pot and kettle there!

Kaz it's not even one month since Amsterdam and you're already doign 10 milers? Do you remember the day after the race I suggested you take a full month off running, and you said a month wouldn't be enough? Just saying....

• Options

ATM - nothing in the inbox image

• Options

Neil - I hang my head..........I know, and I also know that I am kindo pushing myself to get out there...........It helps my mental state.........I thinkimageimage

New TV just been delivered........thats my afternoon sorted!!image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@Kaz - I'm not sure it is overdoing it. I think I just should have taken an extra day off work and rested. It's a different sort of tiredness if that's easy to understand? I don't ache at all so I know that physically I'm fine.

• Options
    It's 5 weeks since my last marathon and I'm feeling the effects of not enough rest post- marathon. As I had scheduled this Goofy thing I "knew" I had to keep building miles, so have continued to try 40-50 mile weeks with 18-20 mile runs on the weekends - and it's hurting. For the first time I am having quite a bit of leg pain, some ITB niggliness etc. and Paris comes 8 weeks after Goofy.

I have learned that, for me, I should not do this again. I need longer recovery time. After Paris I'm going to rest, and then sensibly build up to my Fall Mara - and I'm choosing Steamtown as it is a fast course, and who knows, perhaps with the right training, nutrition and good health, perhaps I can be in Boston one day?
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Emmy_H wrote (see)

I've come into work but am not feeling 110% so will head home shortly. I'm not sick - just tired... it's rather strange!

Emmy - you went home because you don't feel 110%? Now that's what I call high standards. image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Orbutt wrote (see)
    Emmy_H wrote (see)

I've come into work but am not feeling 110% so will head home shortly. I'm not sick - just tired... it's rather strange!

Emmy - you went home because you don't feel 110%? Now that's what I call high standards. image

I said that.... but 2 hours later I'm still here and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. A critical outage and i've had a client screaming at me for the last hour about how useless we are!

High standards? I normally work on 80% but today i'm struggling to even get 50%

• Options

Dannirr...   my old band, The Musical Box, are playing in your town in a few weeks time...   12th December.   If you're available, grab some friends and go and see them.  As well as seeing an amazing show, you'll have a glimpse into my life....!

This tour is with The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway show.   I have lots of stories about how we put this show together...   its very personal and it opened the doors for me to the inner sanctum of Genesis.    

12 DEC 2012 ATLANTA GA USA   VARIETY PLAYHOUSE
  • Options

Emmy, yesterday you were barfing on the hard shoulder, today you don't feel 100%....join the dots....

Kaz - you know you're being naughty.  Admit it.

I have spent today at a Personal Development Event.  I'm not sure if my person is developed but I had some nice cake.  Tonight I'm having dinner with my godmother who is one of my favourite people in the world....good times....

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)

Emmy, yesterday you were barfing on the hard shoulder, today you don't feel 100%....join the dots....

I know you're right. I need to stop being a stupid martyr and rest.... 

• Options

Yes.  You do.  Where's the wagging finger picture??

• Options

Dannirr...    this is an image from a song called Lamia...    go see the show...  you'll love it..  image

/members/images/98627/Gallery/photo_lamb_home.jpg

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Gives me the willies every time I see that DV....image 

• Options

OO..  The Lamia is a beautiful piece...  the cone is black-lit and hangs from the rigging...   the dry ice across the stage floor gives it an illusion of floating and the singer spins it during the chorus...  it is the prelude to what leads into the Slipperman sequence...    we had two of the Slipperman latex costumes made...  the audience always loved this part....

/members/images/98627/Gallery/37412142.Slipperman17.jpg

• Options

If you mean the wagging finger...  yes...  you were the one who always needed that!!

• Options
    ClagClag ✭✭✭
    ATM - love it! I'm sure I'll exceed expectations on tears and random hugging regardless of what I do in the marathon itself.
  • Options

I have the luxury of a night home with my feet up!!! Junior is choked with the cold again so giving athletics a miss, just picked up the other one from work.........everybodys home, every thing is done............This is quite unusual!!!image

YM - Yes I am  naughty........rest day tomorrow!!image

• Options
    ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Bloody iPad. Pressed submit by mistake.

Simon - yes, it was Fraserburgh. Were you there? It's a good course and a great feed at the end.

Just heading back to work for the evening. I fully intend to at least attempt to get up to speed and get to know you all a little over the next couple of months. Training starts in 2 weeks. Excited!
  • Options
    DV - if my work schedule allows, we will go!

Lovely day here - 68 degrees (20 C) with clear blue sky so if seems like 9 or 10 miles should be in order.
  • Options
    The mileage continues for Jimbob. Another 8.5m up a bunch of hills. Briefly met some North London ladies also training for Paris on the Hampstead Lane. Gonna have to mix up the schedule this week due to slightly different work agenda and my 40th Birthday party on Saturday night. Should hit my weekly quota but Lsr will have to be Satuday a.m as have a raging hangover and sleep deprivation recovery programme scheduled in for Sunday.
  • Options
    Clag - I couldn't manage the Fraserburgh half unfortunately. Maybe next year.

TJB - in case I forget, have a great birthday on Saturday. And you are right to avoid running with a hangover. Been there, done that...

YM - I have to fill in a 'Personality' questionnaire at work tomorrow as part of a Team Building initiative. But there is no cake.
  • Options

Jimbob - is Saturday your actual birthday *makes note to sing*.

Neil Belgium wrote (see)

DV: why I started running: my GF wanted to start, and I didn't like her going out in the dark on her own, so I joined her. We completed the "start to run" thing we were following and she stopped (then got pregnant), and I carried on.

I've heard of stopping for a drink mid-run, or even for a stretch, but I've never heard of stopping to get pregnant. But well done for carrying on after ..image.

DV's P&D has arrived - I think a week of spreadsheets is on the cards. 

• Options
    SMD: yeah been there too, did the 2005 Plymouth Half after a night in the pub on the Stellas. It's not clever and not good for you and the run is not much fun after about 20 mins. That's the last time I made that mistake. Saying that there is nowt wrong with one or two gentle brews the night before a run as long as u sleep properly and re-hydrate accordingly. Cheers for the birthday love. Anyone who wants to join me we've got a late bar and DJ friends hosting the partay. It should be strictly messy, you are all welcome to join me. Message me for more info
  • Options
    Running Rodent wrote (see)
    Neil Belgium wrote (see)

DV: why I started running: my GF wanted to start, and I didn't like her going out in the dark on her own, so I joined her. We completed the "start to run" thing we were following and she stopped (then got pregnant), and I carried on.

I've heard of stopping for a drink mid-run, or even for a stretch, but I've never heard of stopping to get pregnant. But well done for carrying on after ..image.

hee hee hee, bit of cross-training there for the Belguim family.image

Kaz - ummm....hmm....big waggling finger and cross face to you!  Have you perked up though?  Are results back from the doc?  Sorry, if i missed it, had to skim the 100 or so pages you guys got through while I was away.

eggy - that'd be the wimbleball.  Friends have done that.  It's tough!

Emmy - umm....hmmm...please make your way to the naughty corner and join kazimage

So much great running out there!  Maybe this weekend I'll get back to it...

My story for starting running...hmmm...maybe when I'm nicely settled on Mr Yer_maj's knee for post-paris story telling hour/s.

• Options
    RR, Sunday is the actual day, but with the late bar I will turn 40 at the partay!
  • Options
    Hi all! Lots to catch up on.

Clag and Neil, you're so fast! I'm suitably impressed!

Kaz, hope your safe! V strange...

Emmy, hope you're feeling better.

I did some resistance training on my legs, back and core today, no running. Tried out the heart rate function on my new garmin today - burned 341 cals, with an av hr of 122, peak 160. It was resistance training so expected it to be low. Tomorrow I shall try out the running stuff! I'm looking forward to it image

Although I did have joy in that one of my work colleagues has signed up for the bramley 20 with me to keep me company, and my boss has signed up for the Paris marathon too, so I have a training partner! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    Ooh happy birthday for sat, jimbob image
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Maybe it'll be this one   , Simon. * I'm a guy. Apparently.image *

That's great news, holeymoley! Your partner will bew such a help when the runs get longer.

Does anyone's boss/firm/company pay their entry fee to things like this? It seems not-unusual in Europe...I've never heard of it here.

Just did my first run...which involved running thro' village to start... whilst wearing a head-torch. My reputation as a nutter is mightily fortified...