Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

NB - Great News!!! Are you coming to Paris??

Orbutt - You'll no miss them!!

• Options
    Parkrun tomorrow at Whitley Bay. Then if feel ok, will add on 27k on the North Sea coast and around North Tyneside before rugby. If not LSR Sunday.

Tight Achilles since half on Sunday. Bl#*dy injuries - back pain and Achilles. I hate this getting old lark.
  • Options
    Ps. Good luck on LSR's everyone.
  • Options

Kaz, can't you bring the kiddlies for the pasta?

• Options

I was refering to the Sunday night gathering TJB!! We will prbably pop past on Saturday night, although we won't be eating.

• Options
    Can I say how delighted I am for you Neil. Just great news that everything has clunked into place. Am hoping I might be able to turn out a something like 30kms run Sunday afternoon with Beetroot Dave but that would be asking way too much right?

Mausey, flying along at 4h30 pace. Respect Mrs!

Jus T Mr T and Rr's friend Bec added to Pasta Papas reservation list. Do drop in Kaz because I have a litre of rice milk to hand over to you for the girls.

My running tea, captain told me he is expecting a 17'30" 5km from me tmrw in the Ekiden marathon. I don't think I am going to disappoint him.... I KNOW I will!

Good luck everyone with your last long runs this weekend. Take no risks, keep it cool. Monday is Tapir Time.

JusT. Bronze time is the slowest that you will be satisfied you did a good job. Silver is the real time you are aiming for. Gold is what you dream of achieving in ideal conditions, wind on your back, a real stretch target. It would be good to have a list of all these times so that when we stand cheering you on, we can predict when you are coming past us.
  • Options

Great news Neil. Must be a huge relief.

ATM - thanks for the Convocation info. I wouldn't have know it was there otherwise...

Just a 10 miler for me tomorrow and a club duathlon on Sunday. My cycling isn't great, but I catch most of them on the run! Just fuelled up on my first fish supper in months. Damn fine it was too.

• Options
    BeddersBedders ✭✭✭

+1 for the final long run over here. 37K (23 miles) for me, out of the door for 7am (all being well) so hoping the frost stays away.

Then the taper begins......!

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

I can say one thing with certainty about tomorrow. I will so not be synchronising watches with Kaz!

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

All we need now is a geek to create a spreadsheet for Tricky with our predicted pen start times, predicted race times and then he can cheer us or beat us, depending on performance/mood as we pass him.

Are there any geeks in the house??

• Options
    kaz1 wrote (see)

I was refering to the Sunday night gathering TJB!! We will prbably pop past on Saturday night, although we won't be eating.

Aye! x

• Options

I bought a new Salomons waterproof running jacket...   it is pretty damn fab...   image

Of course...  I won't be needing it in Paris as that is going to be HOT...!!  image

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Another plague of locusts upon you, Michael Fish...

• Options
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Emmy - hope you settle this weekend. I'm another one on painkillers who's probably not going to manage the 32.2k this weekend - I'll probably break it up too. Good luck.

Everyone - I have missed a few pages over the 559 so far but is Jimbob the first to drop the F-bomb?!! 

Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Emmy - hope you settle this weekend. I'm another one on painkillers who's probably not going to manage the 32.2k this weekend - I'll probably break it up too. Good luck.

Everyone - I have missed a few pages over the 559 so far but is Jimbob the first to drop the F-bomb?!! 

I'm almost certain that last year somebody said we'd all meet under the Arc to say 'Fuuuuuuucccckkkkk' together. But that may have been on email exchange...

• Options
    Marathon Maus wrote (see)

I will put a bottle of Veuve Clicquot on the table for any person who paces me around the marathon in under 5 hours.

Emmy H wrote (see)

I will put a bottle of Veuve Clicquot on the table for any person who paces me around the marathon in under 5 hours.

I love a good challenge. How about 4.30?image

That's not a challenge, Emmy. That's just plain impossible.

Emmy...looks like it's yours regardless. Do these people not like champagne?

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

I'll see you at the Whitley Bay parkrun Iain, who knows what the weather will throw at us. I'm running tomorrow & will look out for you. 

• Options
    I also will not be synchronizing my watch with Kaz tomorrow morning , if up and out for nine I'll be more than happy , I Like my long lie ins too much to be running at daft o'clock in the morning
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Oh there'll be plenty of Fucking under the Arc...and in the pens....and probably in other places as well....

• Options

I have to be oot at daft o clock, as I have other commitments.......and no childcare at normal time of dayimage

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

beg your pardon yer maj?

• Options
    And to everyone doing they're last longgggg slow runs , have fun and remember the countdown is picking up , months of training have nearly finished , and the end goal is in sight , don't pick up injuries or in yer maj,s case old men
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Nice MP 10 miler today, easy 5 to tomorrow then 20 on Sunday (which incorporates the Georgia Half) then taper! No more 50 mile weeks for a while!

Eggy - with respect, I think your route plan is wrong. Having a bail out route almost ensures you'll use it. Your head needs to be in 22 miles no mater what mode and the out and back route ensures that. The LSR is very much about mental training as well as leg training. I know you know this, but sometimes it takes a friend to remond us.

Off for some delicious Indian food business meeting now while my partner devises a plot to take over all healthcare in the US!
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Dannirr - My bail out plan is only due to groin injury concern. I've never cut a run short, too stubborn for that, but my groin has been giving me some real pain on my longer runs this year, so I want the comfort of a short limp home should things go wrong rather than a long hobble home.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Eggy - yes, I see. Good logic. Better to stay healthy for Paris. And, from what Yer Maj has been posting, you might really need your groin in Paris image
  • Options
    ATM - there's a reason why I stay in a hotel near Cite Universitaire - it looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, but it's actually really well connected. And it's always fun to travel on a tram (apologies to any Edinburghers image).

Neil - good to hear you're on the mend image .

Well this evening was 5 miles in the peeing rain, followed by 4 x 1,200m @ 5k pace on the treadmill. If I wasn't such a lady I'd be dropping the F-bomb too image . That's the hardest interval session out of the way, and man, it was hard. However, I have sorted the problem of mid-afternoon refuelling when I have a long evening session planned - instant porridge pot does the trick nicely image .

Good luck to all you LSR-ers tomorrow - I'll be out on Sunday.
  • Options

just drop it RR - the floodgates are opened

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

TD - you've got me on the pasta papas list, right?

yer_maj - check you out and your hob nobbing!  AND her running gadget envy.  niiiice!

Can't remember my dear. Got my list at work. Will check tmrw (but remind me if i forget).  Any flag recommendations from here as to something visible/ identifiable as you run around?

Any chance you could repost again your finishing video Orbutt. We all loved it (and I haven't bookmarked it). Cheers.

Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

TD - you've got me on the pasta papas list, right?

yer_maj - check you out and your hob nobbing!  AND her running gadget envy.  niiiice!

Can't remember my dear. Got my list at work. Will check tmrw (but remind me if i forget).  Any flag recommendations from here as to something visible/ identifiable as you run around?

Any chance you could repost again your finishing video Orbutt. We all loved it (and I haven't bookmarked it). Cheers.

Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)
    RS - welcome back. Where you been?

Been at the Newcastle game tonight. Winner with the last touch of the game - great atmosphere. Very cold though.

Legs just painful, no energy, really poor run last night, few days off needed for me too. Hopefully better on Saturday. Actually, I just want it over with now. Oh well.

yer_maj wrote (see)

Oh there'll be plenty of Fucking under the Arc...and in the pens....and probably in other places as well....

I say this flag: http://www.theflagshop.co.uk/new-zealand-all-blacks-flag-3ft-x-2ft-5360-p.asp but I'm biased.  Belgian heart flag is sufficiently random for us, though.  unless you want to get this printed up:

Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)
    RS - welcome back. Where you been?

Madrid.  Milan is next week and Moscow is the week after.  It's March M city madness.  Work's a bit mad but am popping in for the random warm slightly damp hug that's a little too long with too much hip contact, that is the forum...see below...

yer_maj wrote (see)

Oh there'll be plenty of Fucking under the Arc...and in the pens....an

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

fudging forum screwed up my reply!!!! GRRRRR!!!!  rant is in the building...

link to picture I meant to post: http://painconsortium.nih.gov/symptomresearch/chapter_3/sec4/figures/stool.gif

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

and it didn't link: http://painconsortium.nih.gov/symptomresearch/chapter_3/sec4/figures/stool.gif

after sitting in meetings all bloody day about how systems shouldn't be phucked up in their basic functionality with new releases and testing should cover all BASIC tools that are currently working I  A M  N O T  I M P R E S S E D!!!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

AND MM - come join the DV/RS clan...we'll look after you...especially if there's alcohol promised at the end of it.  Emmy will play "pacing mum" and DV will be your daddy.  Say it now: "who's your daddy?"