Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I've read that you log into it and put the telephone numbers in of those you want notifying. However, I do not have the package so I may be talking tosh. It was in an email a while back.

I've given my race number to family and friends. I understand they can follow you at the 5k markers on the paris marathon website.

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭
    Ward - its on the aso website. Go to your subscriptions and you should find it there.
  • Options
    Ward 6 - yes, you need to logon to ASO and you can then enter 4 mobile numbers.
  • Options

Marathon Maus wrote (see)
    The Jimbob wrote (see)
    Tooth fixed hopefully. Got to wait for novacane to wear off to see if pain gone. No infection she (dentist) said. Fingers crossed.

Good news JB! I've been hoping you went OK.

still got a bit of pain and sensitivity but dentist said it might take a little while to settle down. It's not as intense. It was bad before and she wasn't suprised i was in a lot of pain as it was a gaping hole she filled.

• Options
    Sorted image Cheers folks!!
  • Options

The Jimbob wrote (see)

Marathon Maus wrote (see)
    The Jimbob wrote (see)
    Tooth fixed hopefully. Got to wait for novacane to wear off to see if pain gone. No infection she (dentist) said. Fingers crossed.

Good news JB! I've been hoping you went OK.

still got a bit of pain and sensitivity but dentist said it might take a little while to settle down. It's not as intense. It was bad before and she wasn't suprised i was in a lot of pain as it was a gaping hole she filled.

bloody lucky that happened today and not the weekend dude

• Options
    Would have been proper screwing Cre. Youch! Let the carb loading resume. Call me later you wiley old fox and tell me about your plans for the weekend
  • Options
    Eggy - I'm up for the breakfast Run Saturday. What were the arrangements? I can't find them scrolling back!

Dannirr - thoughts with you dude. Hoping Sunday sees you pain free.

Safe travels, all.
  • Options
    James B. I've never used "running socks" before but hopefully they will make me go fasterimage

Seriously mate, you've got to make the photocall! You lived this thread for the last god knows how many months, youre part if it. Do what you can mate. And any threaders not sure about it, COME ON! Check your bags nice n early, up to the Arc 7.50am. Some photos and high fiving and then everyone off to their pens for a nice long Sunday morning jog.
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Daniel, I've emailed you but if nothing arrives, check your spam file.

I feel dead tired and the prospect of running 26 miles on Sunday seems absurd...image

Magic socks are the way to go Jimbob.

Malc, we'll be unbearable.Even in cyber-space.

• Options
    ATM wrote (see)

Daniel, I've emailed you but if nothing arrives, check your spam file.

I feel dead tired and the prospect of running 26 miles on Sunday seems absurd...image

Magic socks are the way to go Jimbob.

I hear ya, Sista! Ran 5km at lunch and wondered what the hell to do with my arms and legs. Didn't feel right at all.

And I got a pair of the x marathon socks from wiggle.com. Love them! I'm *sure* they made me go faster...magic has probably worn off by now.

• Options
    For those who stay nearer to pastapapa than the Arc, can I suggest we meet up at pastapapa at 5:20, walk to the pre-meet up at tha Arc, and join the other pre meet-up troop to walk to pastapapa?

Try 7 week taper, it does wonder to your orientation.
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Thanks all - hope it clears up some by Sunday.

TD - this only started after I decided to wear shoes for this marathon. Never had these issues in Vibrams.

I have magic socks too. Just wearing socks is kind aof weird for me, but these are toe socks - that's why they are magic

We ate at the airport waiting to board the flight. See ya.
  • Options
    I'm not taking the socks off the packaging till 6.45 Sunday morning. I need the magic
  • Options

You're going to run in brand new untested socks? You're a brave man...

Any superstitions people are willing to 'fess up to?

Mine is that I never tie the drawstring on my shorts/tights until I take my first step running.

• Options
    For those staying nearer to Pastapapa than the Arc, can we meet at Pastapapa at 5:20 and walk to the Arc to meet up with the other pre meet-up troop and walk together to Pastapapa to join the main group for dinner?

7 week taper does wonder to mental orientation.
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Larri - Tricky has arranged a meet up at the exit to the metro nearest to Pasta Papas at 5:45
  • Options
    Orbit,

Thanks for taking me seriously, not many people do that.
  • Options
    MM. They're socks! Nice new ones. I'm not one to test socks. New is a bonus. Did I mention they're magic.

Superstitions. Don't really have any. Must eat porridge first thing and run in my dodgy aviators
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)
    Eggy - I'm up for the breakfast Run Saturday. What were the arrangements? I can't find them scrolling back!

Iain - Meet-up between 8:30-8;45am at the crossroads just outside the Metro station Ecole Militaire for the breakfast run.

Dannirr - Have a safe trip.

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    ATM wrote (see)

Ha image 

Best of luck to you all. Have a fantastic time. I look forward to reading all the war stories when you return.

• Options

Eggy - thanks dude, I'll see you there.

Superstition: Friday night - Marathon Man dvd with Dstin Hoffman. Can't wait, love it!

• Options
    IM: Oooh. That's a good one! Except for the tooth filling bit. Probably not good for Jimbob right now.
  • Options
    Ha ha ha. I dropped "is it safe?" many pages back, any of you film buffs twig that?
  • Options
    Superstitions.....always put right trainer on first and never tie up laces till on start line.....
  • Options
    Is that so you can sneakily tie your neighbouring runner's shoe laces together Onetit? Good way to get a head startimage
  • Options
    Haha, never thought of that....
  • Options
    LarsLars ✭✭✭

Hi, I have last minute stupid questions.

Do we get a kit bag like at the London marathon? Or do we have to hand in luggage in our own bag?

• Options

Just popped in to wish eveyone "all the best" for Sunday, luved Paris last year, especially those words of encouragement around the course, sounded soooooo good in french and for some reason just brought a smile to my faceimage  

I'll get my run in early and sit with my feet up watching it on Eurosport as I count down the last few days to Boston.