Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Tjb-I think it is a win for you tooimage

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

OK, I know it's kinda hokey, but it was fun to "finish" the Paris MArathon on the treadmill today!  The last 13.1 miles, with lovely air conditioning and a bathroom at hand image anytime I wanted it.  Wonderful views of the city, blue skies, no-one peeing on me, and a good ook at the Eiffel Tower this time.

/members/images/698298/Gallery/Paristread1.jpg

/members/images/698298/Gallery/Paristread2.jpg

Linda helped out with crowd support and "atmosphere"

/members/images/698298/Gallery/Paristread4.jpg

/members/images/698298/Gallery/Paristread3.jpg

All in good fun, and a good run too.

Have a nice weekend all.

• Options

Jimbob...   my own house move has developed on to mega-stress levels..   why do these things need to be made so unncessarily complicated by the legal people..?

Danni..   love that it says 'FIT' in the lower central section of the screen.   That's a bit more encouraging that saying 'YOU FAT BLOATER'...!   I am so impressed by that new bit of kit...   it will be a huge benefit to you and we now expect big things from you time-wise..!!

Love the support, sign and orange peel...  image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Dan - that's brilliant! Very amusing. Are you going to name your treadmill? It's so advanced I think it deserves a name. I vote for pierre.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Dan, that's fab! Can you download other marathon courses or do you have to programme it yourself?

+ Pierre...or , maybe, Thierry...cos it's bloomin' unpronouncable..image

I'm off to complain/demand money from the ' French Market' stallholder who sold me a foosty tart..* apple! * a chance to practise French and, possibly, running.

Good luck to anyone racing/everyone running. It's a fabulous day , up here, 'Hope you've all got this blue sky.

• Options

Dannirr  and DV - you've both made me laugh out loud this morning image

MM - I think I've been subconsciusly channelling your TT experiences. I went out and bought a black leather jacket yesterday image. I have never owned a black leather jacket. I think I may be going through some sort of crisis. It's very classy though. 

TJB - I still remember being astonished to see a removal man carry a fridge freezer up three flights of stairs, on his own, using a only a canvas sling. Always best to leave it to the pros!

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Dannirr - love it. Did Linda church the orange peel on the treadmill whilst you weren't lookingimage

treadmill envy.

• Options

Good luck to anyone racing today. Including those running Comrades. This time next year...

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

yeah, seeing a few posts on FB about people starting comrades.  Next year we'll be stalking you and Dannir....oooohhhhh....aaaahhhhh....

Orbutt - how do you church an orange peel?  draw a cross on it?

• Options

Loving the Treadmill and support Dan! I do wonder If I can justify such an item.......maybe sooooon!!!image

No running or any exercise today as yet for me( and seriously thinking of a complete rest day) ahead of the next two weeks! Last online study module completed at KOC insteadimage Now to go pack, and write lists and probably more lists........OH and the big job of today -  dying my hair, and hopefully not ending up looking like a smurf!!image

Good luck to anyone racing/running today! 

TJB - Good luck for tomorrow.................I don'

• Options

Danni - congratulations on finishing Paris image Awesome job from the support crew too.

I make that a 1,334-hour marathon, give or take. 3,053 minutes per mile pace (room for improvement definitely).

The big question is, did you round off the day by staggering to an Irish bar and getting drunk? Because if you didn't, then you havent finished Paris. Not properly anyway.

Good luck with the house move Jimbob.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Jimbob - all the best with the move - always stressful. Unpack immedietly - then it's over and time to make it a home.

ATM - all the major marathons are already available for dowload. But to program your own route only take a few minutes anyway.  If you run with their app on your smartphone outdoors, you can also just transfer that to the treadmill.

Weedy - we did not go to an Irish pub (yet), it will have to wait until a day I am not on call. Somehow arriving in the ICU straight from a pub seems wrong. But only a little image

RR - a year to go. Somehow it now seems a little more real. 

• Options

4th lady to finish Comrades is a GP from Dumfries! And also a regular Glasgow parkrunner by the looks of things (yes, I've been cyberstalking). Way to go Joasia Zakrewski!

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Cheers peeps for the support. I just let off some serious steam with my longest run since paris. 16 miles at 8.04 per mile average. It felt tough mentally. Physically not too bad. Think my legs need to recover from it

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

image I am so going to cyberstalk you across Kwazululand next year, RR * I've got form. Finn was a gps dot on my map...Next year, it's going to look like Brownian motion.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

55ish kms done on gabbana yesterday, 15kms on the legs today. That'll do for this pig! Stumpies are very tired but am happy i got it all done. image

Atm - is the best cyber stalker! She even tells us hanger on stalkers.image

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Orbutt - how do you church an orange peel?  draw a cross on it?

Damn spell checker. How can chuck turn into church?

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

When the bride/groom's really nervous. 

• Options
    Dannirr wrote (see)

Weedy - we did not go to an Irish pub (yet), it will have to wait until a day I am not on call. Somehow arriving in the ICU straight from a pub seems wrong. But only a little image

Dannirr - just a littleimage

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

And where exactly do you think you've been young man? image

• Options

Talkin' to me?! Have been running. This time I didn't return with a clear head image

But my legs are tired, so that's good I guess. A HM distance in the bag.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

...and in a time that makes me jealous image

how's the hammy?

• Options

The tendon is getting better. 4 weeks to the day since it went 'Ping' and the doc said it would be 4-6 weeks before I could train hard. Still felt the need to ease back on hills, so am not there yet but all in all, it's been a steady recovery and I think I know how I did it (over training with weights), so believe I have a pretty good chance of never doing it again. Pain is a powerful educator indeed.

You going somewhere soon Orbutt?

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Zoolander is on E4.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Good to see you back with some good distances Mr Trickster....

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Got a 10k race under the River Mersey next weekend, then Mrs O and I are headed to the Land of Dannirr for a wee hollybob. 

it won't be without a run, as I've got a plan to rent a bike for Mrs O and to go for a sightseeing run image

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

Talkin' to me?! Have been running. This time I didn't return with a clear head image

But my legs are tired, so that's good I guess. A HM distance in the bag.

I wasn'timage

I was talking to the Doc.  But I'm glad your thing that went ping is getting better, nonetheless. 

Which for some reason has made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCITMfxvEc

• Options

Hi everyone, I went on a ride on the steam train that runs here during the summer - a complete contrast to the speed demon motorcycles stopped at the railway crossings! I thought the mechanically minded amongst you might like to see the Manx locomotive. The only problem was that I was quite sleepy by the end - the soothing chugga-chugga noise and the steam and horn were surprisingly soporific.

/members/images/694482/Gallery/IOM_steam_train.jpg

/members/images/694482/Gallery/IOM_steam_train_2.jpg

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Can I beg of you not to mention either Steam or Horn in the Maus mara thread?  It may tip Mr Maj over the edge....image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Train whistle blowing makes a sleepy noise, all boundfor morning town, many miles away...

Ym- will he be pulling his whistle all night?