Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    MeadowerMeadower ✭✭✭

I came over onto this thread to have a nose around since I've got my sights on Paris 2014 as my second marathon... and couldn't help noticing the brief mention of the Midnight Sun in Norway.  I fully intend to make this my third next summer!

I've never been to France before, let alone Paris.  Really quite excited about the whole thing.  All I need to do now is make sure I don't miss out when entries open (and maybe train a bit, too...).

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Wohlf,

If you only knew what you've gotten yourself into....and I'm not talking about the marathon.  image   Welcome, you will have a total blast if you hang around this thread long enough.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Orbutt wrote (see)

Got a 10k race under the River Mersey next weekend, then Mrs O and I are headed to the Land of Dannirr for a wee hollybob. 

it won't be without a run, as I've got a plan to rent a bike for Mrs O and to go for a sightseeing run image

Orbutt, Denver again?  Or might you be coming a little more South this time?   We have space for you and Mrs O.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

MM - when I need a steam fix, this is what I do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCwenlHD4AE

And it does have a steam whiste image

• Options
    yer_maj wrote (see)

And where exactly do you think you've been young man? image

Hi YM - sorry, I've been struggling these last couple of weeks with work etc. Have started running again though which is good. Are you well?

• Options

so what is happening in these here parts then?

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Welcome wolf.  We're quite quiet at the moment but it'll pick up...

Stray runner - oh you know, the usual.  Dan's got an awesome treadmill (we're all very surprised at being envious of the treadmill - look up the boston marathon official treadmill), TD's injured but still running far too fast for us mer mortals, ITLR is taking shape, the rest of us are toodling along and being our generally innocent selves.  Oh yeah, Iain's in trouble, Iain's in trouble.

• Options

RS - thanks for your concern! I'm ok thanks, just getting a bit worried about ITLR but have started 18 week plan for Berlin... And trying to stay injury free!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Welcome, Wohlf. Don t worry, there s no chancr  of you missing registration if you hang around here. The fee goes up in stages.So, if you re definitely going, register as soon as you can...probably late September , early October. You ll have fun. How s yoyr running going, so far ?eek..Can t correct typing errors by phone...imageimage 

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Dannir - not South enough, I'm afraid. San Fran and DC image

Wohlf - welcome image This is THE place for Paris. Well, actuallly, we'll have a nice shiny place in time for the 2014 race but if you stick around you won't miss it.

Don't be intimidated by the fact that we all seem to know each other quite well. At some point we've all made our first post here - and before you know it you're part of the furniture. I am definitely a little hat stand. image

As ATM has said - registration is September/October and it is first come first served on a sliding fee scale. However, it normally takes a few weeks to sell out, so don't worry.

• Options

Hi Wohlf - pull up a chair, tell us about yourself.

If we're talking steam, here's an entirely gratuitous picture of the engine my grandfather used to drive. She's currently awaiting a facelift at the National Railway Museum in York.

http://www.srpssteam.com/locos/NBR673.htm

• Options

saw td's run on garmin so surprised you are injured td's - a training run half in 1h37 and injured!

ITLR?

I have been seriously off the boil since October last year and was a DNS for paris - so taken this long to dare show my face in public again. 

will check in from time to time more regularly now as find you all v motivational.

treadmill looks v good and vv expensive - liking the daft that there is a $2000 discount it at at the moment but still haven't got enough stuffed under the mattress!

was at emf last week playing the role of support crew to mrs sr - she did the half.  bore difficult than it looks being support.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

*waves*

Only a quickie as it's monday morning at work and shocking how much I have to do.

Kent Roadrunner done and it's a HUGE piece of bling! Love it! Had a great day out and started drinking at mile 16 when some zebra's offered me a pint (men dressed as zebras... not the real ones) so I think i've not done too badimage

On an icky note - toenail has come off. What's the process now? i've never had one thats completely popped off so to say.

• Options

Hi Wohlf. You'll have a great time in Paris. If you've got any races coming up, let me know what they are and I'll add you to the list that will shortly follow. You're already on there, in fact.

Hi SR - it's been a while.

Orbutt wrote (see)

Don't be intimidated by the fact that we all seem to know each other quite well. At some point we've all made our first post here - and before you know it you're part of the furniture. I am definitely a little hat stand. image

I must be an occasional table. Something that sits in the corner and doesn't really do anything useful. You look at it now and again and wonder whether to chuck it out but then decide that it's mostly harmless, doesn't take up a lot of space and it's not worth the effort of taking it to the tip.

• Options

Jun 8: Luxembourg Marathon - Emmy.
    Jun 9: Bala Half Ironman - Dave The Ex Spartan. Blaydon Race - Iain M. Chateau de Vincennes 10k - TP. Mersey Tunnel 10k - Orbutt, Sausset-les-Pins 11k - ATM.
    Jun 16: Pegasus Bridge Half - TP.
    Jun 19: We Own The Night Alternative Run, Paris - TP.
    Jun 21: Nacht van Vlaaanderen Marathon - Emmy.
    Jun 22: Gent midsummer night 10k - Emmy.
    Jun 22/23: Hadrian's Wall - Richard L, Weedy.
    Jun 23: Cheddar Gorge Half - Trev O. L'Equippe 10k - TP. Shrewsbury Half - DLR, James B, Jimbob, Maus, RS, Suzy M, Yer Maj, Walter Fielding Jr, Anna Crowley.
    Jun 25: Keyser Suze's birthday.
    Jun 29: Giants Head Trail Marathon - Emmy.
    Jul 4: Peachtree 10k - Danni.
    Jul 6: Hampstead Race4Life: Alice. Foulees France des Isles - ATM.
    Jul 14: Manchester 10k - James B.
    Jul 16-18: Badwater Ultra - DV.
    Jul 16-22: In The Long Run (Bratislava to Brussels) - DLR, Emmy, Helterskelter, Iain M, Maus, RR, Suzy M, TD, Weedy.
    Jul 21: Lottery Anniversary Run - Jimbob, RS. Run Melbourne Half - Jus T.
    Jul 27-28: Thunder Run - Malcs.
    Jul 28: Ironman Switzerland - Engineer.
    Jul 30: Maus' birthday.
    Aug 3: The Devil O' The Highlands Ultra - Kaz.
    Aug 5: Dublin Half - Straycelt.
    Aug 10: North Downs Way Ultra - DV.
    Aug 11: Isle of Maus Marathon/Half - Iain M, Maus, RR, RS, Weedy.
    Aug 17: Helsinki Marathon - Pottermoss. London Gay Pride 10K - DLR.
    Aug 17-18: Enigma Gold Double - Emmy.
    Sep 1: Wolverhampton Marathon - Weedy.
    Sep 7: Aberfeldy Marthon - Clag.
    Sep 8: Elizabeth's birthday. Run to the Beat Half - Jimbob.
    Sep 9: Bala Olympic Triathlon - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    Sep 14: Eco Trail Brussels - Emmy, TD. Silkstone Shuffle - DLR.
    Sep 15: Great North Run - Iain M, Jimbob, OO, RS, Steve Duffy, Tiddy, Weedy.
    Sep 21: Langdale Marathon - Weedy.
    Sep 21-22: Cotswolds 102m ultra - DV.
    Sep 22: Harvest Trail Half - Yer Maj. Ladybower 35 - RR.
    Sep 29: Berlin Marathon - DLR, Emmy, Iain M, Jimbob, Kaz, Maus, Neil B, Orbutt, RS, Suzy M, Tiddy. Paris-Versailles 16k - ATM, TP.
    Oct 6: Barcelona Tri - Simon Mac. Cardiff Half - Yer Maj. Kielder Marathon - Weedy. Royal Parks Half - Carl D. Onetit's birthday.
    Oct 8: Jersey Marathon - Princess Fiona.
    Oct 12: PF's birthday.
    Oct 13: Chicago Marathon - Danni.
    Oct 20: Abingdon Marathon - Steve Duffy. Amsterdam Marathon - Emmy, Megs, Weedy. Cabbage Patch 10k - Nic E. Toronto Half - Danni. Yorkshire Marathon - Malcs.
    Oct 20-25: Inverness to Skye 136k - TP.
    Oct 26: Beachy Head Marathon - Yer Maj.
    Oct 27: Frankfurt Marathon - Emmy. Marine Corps Marathon - Fanfan, Iain M, Rick. Northumberland Castles Marathon - Weedy. Venice Marathon - Elizabeth.
    Oct 28: Dublin Marathon - Carl D, James B.
    Nov 2: DLR's birthday.
    Nov 3: New York Marathon - Tiddy.
    Nov 6: Danni's birthday.
    Nov 9-10: Enigma Fireworks Double - Emmy, Weedy.
    Nov 17: Marathon d'Orleans - PC91.
    Nov 24: Florence Marathon - Engineer.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.
    Dec 1: James B's birthday.
    Dec 8: Newcastle Racecourse Marathon - Weedy.
    Dec 14: Enigma Christmas Marathon - Emmy.
    Dec 27: Wiola's birthday.
    Dec 31: TD's birthday.
    Jan 3: OO's birthday.
    Jan 9-12: Disney Dopey - Danni.
    Jan 12: Orbutt's birthday.
    Jan 15: Yer Maj's birthday.
    Jan 19: DV's birthday.
    Jan 29: Kaz's ginormous dog's birthday.
    Feb 3: TP's birthday.
    Feb 6-9: Quadzilla - Emmy.
    Feb 10: Emmy's birthday.
    Feb 28: Iain M's birthday.
    Mar 1: RS's birthday.
    Mar 8: Jus T's birthday. Peter B's birthday.
    Mar 16: Barcelona Marathon - Emmy, 1T.
    Mar 17: Week at the Knees Marathon - Weedy.
    Mar 18: Paris Half - PF, Suzy M.
    April 6: Brighton Marathon - Iain M.
    Apr 8: Alexander's birthday.
    Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.
    Apr 24: Audrey's birthday.
    May 15: Scott W's birthday.
    May 17: Simon Mac's birthday.
    May 23

• Options

...May 23: Suzy M's birthday.

Apr 6: Paris Marathon
    Definite: ATM, DLR, DV, Eggy, Emmy, Jimbob, Kaz, Maus, Mrs DV, Mrs O, NGUG, Orbutt, PF, RR, Steve Duffy, Suzy M, TP, Weedy, Wohlf, Yer Maj.
    Maybe: Carl D, Danni, Engineer, James B, NCane, Nic E, OO, RS, Scott W, Simon Mac.

Apr 6: Brighton Marathon - Iain M.
    April 13 London Marathon - RR, TD.
    June 2014: Comrades - Danni, RR.
    Autumn 2014: Albert's Turkey: Danni, DV, Eggy, Maus, TD, Yer Maj.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Hi Wohlf. You'll have a great time in Paris. If you've got any races coming up, let me know what they are and I'll add you to the list that will shortly follow. You're already on there, in fact.

Hi SR - it's been a while.

Orbutt wrote (see)

I must be an occasional table. Something that sits in the corner and doesn't really do anything useful. You look at it now and again and wonder whether to chuck it out but then decide that it's mostly harmless, doesn't take up a lot of space and it's not worth the effort of taking it to the tip.

You're useful! How else would I know where i'm runningimage

Welcome Wolhf - make yourself at home image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

SR - 'in the long run': run from btatislava to Brussels. Td is the organiser. 

Iain - sorry, were we meant to worry?

Can I be that random knicknac that has no valid purpose but you got it as a gift from a mad aunty and they look for it every time they visit so you can't throw it out.  But really the mad aunty was completely taking the piss when she gave it to you and wonders when you're going to figure it out. 

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Please be aware - THERE IS NO UNWANTED FURNITURE HERE.

There may be some that wobbles a bit or has wonky legs  - even some antiques - but they all hold value beyond measure.

• Options

No unwanted furniture but a fair amount of treasure is within.

Wohlf - welcome, enjoy, get stuck in. We're a mad but happy lot.

Stray Runner - I was wondering where you were for Paris. I kept any eye out in case you might turn up out of the blue (like The Engineer did - he just threw an arm round me as i was walking down Champs Elysees and then joined us for dinner). I hope we motivate you into better running form. All OK at big blue?

Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)
    yer_maj wrote (see)

And where exactly do you think you've been young man? image

Hi YM - sorry, I've been struggling these last couple of weeks with work etc. Have started running again though which is good. Are you well?

Good thing too Iain - we need all the runners that we can get at ITLR - (follow the link SR).

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Hey all, IMPORTANT POST: get yourselves over to the fb group and hit like if you want a bcrc top.

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Dannir - for your treadmill try the Abersoch 10k route and see if they treadmill can do beaches!

• Options

Holy moly.........8.5 miles run this morning @ 8.30mm, 4 hours walking and 6 x 15kg bags of post delivered, dog walked, cleaning job done, oral surgeon appointment with eldest child, 3.5 mile recovery run which turned into a bloody race.........and I am imageimage

YM - Good luck for tomorrow my dear. You'll ace it!! 

• Options

Blimey Kaz. How do you do it?

RR: Oh, do let's talk about steam! That engine is very pretty!

I'm not even going to speculate what piece of furniture I might be.

Further fodder for the mechanically minded amongst you...a few motorcycles with men perving at them.

/members/images/694482/Gallery/IMG_0739.jpg

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

YM- good luck for tomorrow!

maus- looks good! Please also get pictures of any nice men.... Purely for research purposesimage

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Ym - go get em study bug!

Kaz - wtf was the recovery run for? You hadn't stopped all day! Mad woman!image

• Options

RS - My friend wanted to go for one as she did a mini triathalon yesterday!!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Kaz - You're brilliant!  Please tell me you're having a rest day tomorrow. 

• Options

MM - apparently if you drove your engine across the Forth Bridge on a windy day you had to make sure it was fully fired up, because if you tried to put more on, the wind would blow the coal straight off the shovel...

Emmy - I'm losing a toenail too. Not the usual one that generally gives me grief after a marathon, but another one that's been quietly working its way loose without my noticing. No sandals for me this summer image.

Y_m - good luck, everything crossed for you tomorrow image.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Shoot.  Me.  Now.  image