Plank challenge

1235»

Comments

• PhilPub wrote (see)

Actually now I remember why I gave up doing 4/5 minute planks.  Bursitis of the elbow.  Not necessarily caused directly by it but could have been a contributory factor; bacteria-carrying gym mats + additional sustained pressure =  Oooww!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/402073_10150603436364595_229783663_n.jpg

Ouchy, Phil image

• Planks in a press-up start position for those with elbow problems. Many more movement variations with this too which will make your core have a laugh with you image

• Sarah - try taking a picture of your own elbow.  Not as difficult as licking it but strange angles are guaranteed!  This was a few months ago, kept me up all night with pain but a couple of days on antibiotics sorted out the initial discomfort and the swelling died down soon after.  Ugh!

• Personally I find the plank easier than exercises that involve lieing on your back and lifting your feet off the ground and doing stuff with them - like scissors! How about measuring how long you can hold your feet up say 6" off the floor??

I can do that for hours, no problem. With a foot stool...

Phil, I have to admit I've never tried taking a photo of my own elbow. But I have tried licking it. Status: fail image

• 2 minutes 38 seconds. I could probably have managed longer, but it was rather dull...

• 2 mins but arms start to shake, agree sarah any longer would be dull (and painfull)

• image Elbow licking hmm? Status: success image

• Tom, if you can lick your elbow I demand proof. Now. Preferably in widescreen, and let me get some popcorn first...

• at last, I was able to set a modest personal best, 2:30. I was aiming for three minutes but the kids jumped on me again. image ... and now there's something wrong with my spine.

• I thought I was doing really well until tonight when my 14 year old skinny as anything son decided he wanted to have a go and managed 1:30 beating me hands down. image

• 3 mins 4 secs
  • 1.45'. Also doing side planks which are much more painful.... Would be interested to get peoples best times.
  • 3 minutes for me

1235»