Options

ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Options
    Shady_ady what was it like in china and where did you go travelling? I would love to take a year out and travel but I think I'm stuck with my career, house and lack of money now! How much did you raise and what charity did you do the LEJOG for? I'm so impressed and jealous of your achievements
  • Options
    CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

* DS2 there is an adult's tri swim class at the Leisure Centre on a Thursday evening for ALL abilities. The lakes might be a bit too chilly at the moment! I started running because my swimming was fine but my running was terrible and I used to go backwards at the end of a triathlon as all the runners overtook me image The last few years my tri's have taken a back seat because I'm enjoying my running so much, who would have thought??!!

* mcs I was thinking on the weekend that anyone who lives in the Peak District must be super fit with all those hills! Gosh, talk about a lovely place to live and train and commute!

Good luck everyone for tomorrow, I can't wait to read your stories image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    CaroT - my daughter did work experience at that leisure centre last year and they offered her a job there as a lifeguard. I really do need to do the swimming lessons.

My cycling is reasonably good so I may do some duathlon first. Have you visited the cyclopark at Gravesend yet? There is a 10k series there second Wednesday of each month. Next one on 12 December. I think I may do it.7.45pm start.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! So we find out tomorrow who's up for what - good luck everyone !
  • Options
    CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Yes I've heard good reports about the floodlit cyclopark 5km / 10km series, hoping to make it there one Wednesday evening!

• Options

Good luck to everyone too. I'm excited to see the profiles of all that made it through, and to see what groups everyone are in.

Sarah: I actually lost my job in 2009 and with the economy as it was, my wife and I decided to see the world before the tiny patter of feet came along. So we caught the train to China, taught English there in a small city for a year and then spent 6 months in Asia afterwards. North Korea was definitely the most unqiue place we went to.

When we got back we started our walk, spending a month to plan it day by day. We walked for Association for International Cancer Research (AICR) and raised just shy of £1600. Our target was £1 a mile walked, so we beat our target. Seems like a lifetime ago now though.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    Shady ady - amazing story and accomplishment. Brilliant cause as well. I love hearing these stories. When I'm suffering on the saddle next year I will think of you walking and feel better.
  • Options

Seren- have you done lots of tris? I was thinking of doing some next year as have done a bit of open water swimming and bought a wetsuit recently. Where do you swim in the river in the winter??image

• Options
    What an amazing experience, I love hearing stories like that shady_ady, so insipiring. Congratulations aswell on raising so much for charity. I try to do one charity event a year. Think next year it will be the national three peaks. Haven't decided on the charity yet though.

Good luck everyone with it going live tomorrow
  • Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    morning all. good luck going live!

where is everyone going to put their threads? stay in spring marathon? I hope my photo appears soon.
  • Options
    Morning- hope not too cold with everyone!

Jen- I was wondering the same- here in Spring Marathon seems sensible but last time looking at example they sent it was in general threads... Shall we have a consensus?

My photo still not appeared here yet either image
  • Options

Looking forward to seeing all the pages go live now, all be it with a bit of nervousness too!

Not long to wait now!

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    won't be able to put my thread up till later today. busy work day n no access to www. image everyone will see my story n pic before me!
  • Options
    Me too Jen- in London for a long dull meeting image will be back on this evening likely

Have a good day everyone!
  • Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

So here we go then. As Steve tucks into his bacon (and he does love bacon) we wait to be thrown into the colosseum (had to spell check that). Let's hope there aren't too many wild beasts waiting for us.

Best of luck to everyone! I think we should use this thread as a safe place to retreat for moral support if the inquisition gets's too much - there is only so much probing on salty, dark brown spreads that a person can handle! image

jenf - Spring Marathon seems the perfect place so unless RW suggest we go somewhere else that would get my vote.

Nerves are racing already!

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

PS. just to add to the excitement here - the LF's (little fellas) have just come screaming to me - it's snowing!

• Options
    Morning guys, think mines going to be a busy one as well so I might not get to set a thread up until late tonight, fingers crossed I will get to have a few cheeky glances throughout the day though.

I love snow (although I don't like to drive in it). None down here yet but I do live in a valley!
  • Options
    Morning all. Good luck to everyone today. I woke up all excited to snow this morning but after being stuck on my 10 min train jpurney for an hour now with power failure the excitement is slowly evaporating away image

Thank goodness for Target 26.2 to keep the spirits up!

I did notice last year our individual pages were put in the general thread but if the general consensus is to keep them in Spring Marathons I'm happy to do that as well!
  • Options

Ding Ding....

Let the games begin...

Good luck everyone

• Options

Malcs .snow imageimage

I have noticed a few people having problems with quoting......

Malcs wrote (see)

PS. just to add to the excitement here - the LF's (little fellas) have just come screaming to me - it's snowing!

If you go to the bit you want to quote and hover over it a blue button will appear with the word quote on.....click on that...........then go to where you are writing and then click on the " button on the far right of your box just past the spell check........the quote should appear on your post...................

this might not work on all smart phones etc...

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Thanks for looking after us Seren - you have become our second mum and counsellorimage

I mentioned to my wife about you swimming in the Taff and she fell off her chair in shock.

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Morning all - drover to the local park this morning in heavy snow. Was intending to run some long intervals but by the time I got there it was like a blizzard. Had to abort and back home now. Gutted image

Roads are at a standstill everywhere so will have to miss work this morningimage

Hopefully, it won't hang about. Tempted to put my spikes on now and go for a run in the woods!

Malcs - has it stopped up there now?

• Options
    DS2 - I'd take the afternoon off work as well and go for that run in the woods!
  • Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Ady - very tempted but my business partner has made it in and we've got one important meeting that I need to be at. image

I am going for that run though - now!!!

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Yep - snow has stopped here. School run was fine. Don't think we got it as bad.

I was looking forward to a little jog in the white stuff but it's all but mush on the pavements now image. Running in the snow is just the best!

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Hi All.

Just wanted to add my good wishes to all involved.

I followed the fortunate few last year, as I was running Paris, and I was lucky to bump into Craig and Emma in the pen on the Champs Elysee image

I'm running Paris again next year, too.

If you need any advice about Paris, the race, the toilets - or any kind of random madness - then you could do worse than pop in to the long running Paris Marathon thread.

It is populated by the friendliest bunch of nutters you will ever meet - and I count myself amongst them image.

They are incredibly supportive and the knowledgeable and always welcoming.

• Options
    Thanks Orbutt. Will certainly check it out win or lose. I've never really been active on these forums before but finding it extremely addictive. Talking to runners on here saves my wife from the running conversations every evening. I think she's the big winner out of this!
  • Options

I'll agree with Orbutt - Paris is a great marathon. I'm not doing it this year as I don't think it would match up to last years experience.

Frankfurt in OCtober anyone?

Mid sussex Tri at start of June!!!!!! Help!

M...eldy wrote (see)

Reel 'em in Seren   image

Any good first timer Tri threds?

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Shady_Ady wrote (see)
    Talking to runners on here saves my wife from the running conversations every evening. 

Ha! The amount you're posting she's saved from any conversation in the evening. When I met her she seemed like the kind of girl who had mastered the art of looking engaged and interested whilst letting it go in through one ear and out the other. I know that look well image

Good job her mum is here at the moment! image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Oh and thanks too Orbutt and Minni. The Forum Six looks very interesting and so does Paris too. I'm sure alot of bootcampers will take a good look.

After the warnings about forum trolls it's nice to know there's some threads where we can seek out friendly faces when we escape from here to the big wide world image