Options

Copenhagen Marathon

Comments

• Options
    I haven't done my French homework. Arghhhhhhh
  • Options
    Merde........

Anyone going to be in London over the weekend?
  • Options
    yep, we will. We are coming up on the day to give loud and lusty abuse/support to all runners at Mile 19.  image 
  • Options
    I know you reprobates will be at mile 19 - I'll look out for you. Mrs a may head your way as she is going to at mile 18 (outside the hotel). Any sign this year?
  • Options
    Yep "PLANET THANET" on a dayglo orange A2 board....! image I will probably be in a pirate top - although you may not see it underneath my souwester! Are you targeting a time this year? Or is this another notch on the bedpost as you head towards the Anorak Club? image Mrs A would be most welcome - we may have cucumber sandwiches and other light refreshments!! Tee Hee. Oh, and a couple of damp jelly babies for favourite runners. Do you need anything from us as a pit stop - or are you relying as ever on your fab support team??
  • Options
    Just a cheer pse from the PSC team - spotted you easily last year so hopefully will do so again.
    No time target this year, especially as I have been a bit crook this week (taper madness!) this week. Another notch at FLM and then another marathon the following weekend image
  • Options

Nutter image 

A big cheer will be assured.  Are you in your normal blue top?

You do realise, btw, that in the last 10 mins you and I have tripled the annual posts on this thread!! LOL

• Options
    Probably the blue Sugoi with white and black again and the blue shades, even if it is raining like last year.
  • Options
    Will be aiming for ~7 min mile pace if you want to work out an approx ETA.
  • Options

I'll be at Fetchpoint, paul, pointing my pointy camera thing at you so try to slow down won't you as a blurred photo is so embarrassing image

and the Chandos afterwards? image

• Options
    LOL..... I don't even know the start time! 
  • Options
    bloody hell!  Hiya Rich.  Long time no see................... howz tricks?
  • Options
    0945 start.

RichK - I'll look out for you at Fetchpoint and see you in the usual spot at Chandos image
  • Options

no 1 at the end of the bar......

classic Marilion lyric! image (Sugar Mice ..... I think )

• Options

wotcha PSC . . fair to middlin' really image

it starts when <insert name of celeb> hits the hooter, doesn't it . . and there's always some women who false start by about 40 minutes, I've never figured out how that's allowed to happen every year lol

how's you and bo-bo?

• Options

right you are sir!!! not sure when I'm allowed off Fetchpoint duties but will endeavour to get to the bar asap imageimage

• Options
    Rich - I'm going to be heading back to Canary Wharf o/c to shower and change anyway so it will be later when mrs a and I get back across town to Chandos.
  • Options

LOL.  Yes why do the girls go off so early? 

We are great thanks.  Bobo is finally starting to taper for her cateran jaunt but has been doing some kwality training.  I'm good and now regularly getting double digit training hours in as preparation for IM Switzerland builds up.  10 weeks until I start tapering.  So far so good.  Junior is in good form too - taller than you now I suspect!!  Its getting very embarressing having to sit him down before I give him a good bollocking!!  Luckily his beviour is generally excellent so he doesn't have to go to the naughty step too often!   image

• Options
    The girls are soo slow that they need the head start........

Works better for the TV so that the two races don't clash I guess. Mind you at Boston on Mon the elite women ran such a 'conservative' pace that they were nearly caught by the men's winner.
  • Options

that seems like a plan then paul, will be good to see you and mrs a once again image

good to know all's well in Thanet, PSC, life must be difficult there with the continent being so close image lol at Jnr having to bend down for a bollocking!!! image

• Options
    Paul - serious question alert - do you run faster at London?  I'm wondering how much of a factor the support is round a mara course?  I run in London at lunchtimes, did today in fact, and find running ITR of 7:30 - 7:45 pace no problem, but at home in the lanes an equivalent run would be done in the 7:50-8:00 pace range for the same percieved effort.  I've long known that I am a bit of a tart when it comes to showing off in front of others.  But does that same effect translate to a mara dist race????
  • Options
    Well London is my PB course so strictly speaking I guess the answer would be yes. The support at FLM was better than any of the big city marathons I have done and that is saying something when you think about the likes of New York. It certainly helps I would say.
  • Options

Good grief.  frist I get too busy to log on and then the site goes down and look at all these posts!

Rich - I smiled for a minute and then stopped when I realised you would be in CPH after me

I will confess to having been in the pub tonight but should sleep after 5 halves of Guiness image  No idea what to do tomorrow from the point of view of pace, I think I shall just run image

• Options
    we are considering having another crack at this in 2010.  I've already got frustrated with the log-in system for the Virgin London Marathon in 2010, and having watched this years race at mile 19 yesterday I am of the view that it is just too frigging busy to have a good run there.  If I can get through the systems I will probably enter the balot - third time lucky.  But................ I am looking round for another big city marathon in 2010 that is (a) in term time, (b) easy to get to, (c) a good course.  I suspect CPH fits the bill nicely with some nice added bonuses. Where is Snappy btw? 
  • Options
    Berlin is good.

Thanks to PSC and bo-bo for the big cheer at mile 19 yesterday image
  • Options
    paul a - what was your time?
  • Options

Has anyone on here actually done Copenhagen marathon. I am looking to redeemy myself after bailing out of FLM at the 17 mile mark. What is the course like, whats the chance of cool weather?

• Options
    Snaps - managed 3:05:45, which I was reasonably pleased with considering I was seriously considering deferring until the deadline on Sat with manflu. Ran on about 1.5 lungs to start with which wasn't pleasant, however it was a fab day again. GFA for next year so look out VLM 2010.

Jmc - I think just about all on here have done CPH over the last few years, so ask away. Our resident Danish expert is Snapstinget who lives there and is the CPH oracle.

My opinion of the course (although it was 05 when I ran it) is pleasant, fairly scenic and flat. Race is 5000 or so runners so not too crowded but support is pretty good. Copenhagen is a lovely city to visit and the marathon is very relaxed. As for cool weather, it is May in Europe so could be anything. I would definitely recommend it.