Options

PSOF Championships 2014 - Ironman France

Comments

• Options

Oooo... yes please... i'd be up for a gas canister order... one less thing to worry about!

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Options

What a top idea Mouse, based on previous I'd need 6 threaded please image

• Options

I'd be up for chipping in too ? 

• Options

No problem for me to take them out!  I've got an apartment sorted from the Friday to Tuesday.  If you get a bulk order from somewhere you could get it delivered to my place before I go out unless someone wants to meet up for a 'car park' hand over?  I go between Torquay and Surrey most weeks these days and also around the M25 just into Kent (junct. 6) , but also up to St. Thomas' Hospital!  So, there's a big choice for everyone!!  
    I'll be leaving around 5th June.

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Siggy - what's the easiest way for me to contact you off forum?  Shall I message you on FB or don't you use it?  If you prefer e-mail I could send you my e-mail address via FB too?  If you go M4/M5 then I'm on that junction.  I'm also going to be in Devon before 5th June.  As I say though, might be easier if we take this off forum.  I've probably got enough gas cannisters knocking about at home for all of us if I loan them out for race day and then people give them back to me.

Symes - you not driving over this year?

• Options
    MandMsMandMs ✭✭✭

I'm driving over and based in wiltshire if that's easier mouse.  

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Ohh choices!  Would you mind if I sent you a PM to discuss where you are in Wiltshire?

What I'll do now then is chat to M and Ms and Siggy off forum.  I'll count up how many gas cannisters I have.  If I can organise a handover and I have enough for everyone, I'll do that.  If not, I may need to organise a bulk order which we can all chip into and get it delivered to Siggy (as suggested).  I'll let everyone know how I'm getting on.  In the meantime, though I am loathe to do this, who wants to be in on it and how many do you want included?

Symes: SIX image

• Options

Magna Carter: SIX

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Seriously?  How will you carry 6?  If people generally want to take that amount, we may be looked at the bulk order method.

• Options

Mouse - decided against the drive this time, saving the holiday for later in the year, y'know, Kona and all that!

Six - hopefully never again after Zurich, what a day that was image, would have thought two or three should do it, let me know whether money, favours or drinks will cover the bill image

• Options
    Mouse 2 threaded please image
  • Options

3 Please mousey image

I'm in London... but short on luggage as the gf is travelling suitcase free image '

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

M and Ms - I've sent you another message but I bet it's not showing as yours to me didn't.  Stupid PM system.  I've suggested we go to e-mail and included my address in the PM.

I only have threaded by the way.

Cannisters
    Symes - 2/3
    RBM - 2
    GB - 3
    MC - 2?

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

M and Ms isn't too far from me and we've identified a couple of opportunities/ways to meet up.  This also means that I could collect more cannisters from pirates going to Bala and we don't have to rely on what I have here.

Cannisters
    Symes - 2/3
    RBM - 2
    GB - 3
    MC - 2/3?
    Dave - 3

• Options
    Good spot Mouse, see you at Bala
  • Options
    Mouse, if it is hard for you to meet up with M and M's, I could take what comes to Bala and hand them to him as we are very local to each other. No worries if you would rather do it on your own
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Schmunks - that's another good idea.  It all sounds like a plan is coming together.  If you are both very local to each other, that might be the very best solution if you don't mind being co-opted into the plan?  

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I said plan way too much then.

• Options

Cannisters
    Symes - 2/3
    RBM - 2
    GB - 3
    MC - 2/3?
    Dave - 3
    Meldy - 3

although I think I probably need to carry 3 for Symes as well  if last time is anything to go by   image

• Options

3 for me please ?? I've had a costly day today !! Sorted my dog tag insurance £65 , then went to sort my hire car through easyjet.....tried to order a Renault kangoo as it looked big enough for my bike box , anyway tried to book but when it went to the pay now button it said the site was having a problem and I should try again later......I just happened to check my emails and there were two emails saying car reservation made ( with two different booking numbers ) I phoned them and told them the score and they said "oh were sorry about that we will cancel one and you will receive a refund" to which I said it was supposed to be pay at the pick up centre ?? They said "no we've taken out 2 X £269 !! And one will be refunded in approx 10 days !!" I was absolutely fuming !! I spoke to a manager and he said it was in the payment terms and conditions !! Anyway I phoned them back and said there was no option on the booking for additional driver and I needed my dad putting on it ( he will be driving me to the race ) they said ok no problem blah blah blah it worked out an additional £100 .....£369 , I couldn't be arsed with the mither after all the trouble so said yes ok ....she then said you will receive the refund in 10 days ? I said what refund ? They had to make another booking ! This meant £538 owed to me ......she then said it's all gone through "oh actually no it's flagged up that you used a debit card ??" It has to be a credit card ? I asked how come it's taken the payment she said it will take the payment but you can't collect the car without the main driver having a credit card ( which I don't have and would never have one )and that card must have made the booking ! I then lost my rag and said oh just forget it , to which she said ok ive cancelled it BUT that's another £369 you will have to wait 10 days for ! £907 worse off for at least 10 days gutted ! 

I have arranged a transfer from the airport ( with bike box ) to the site approx 20 mins away BUT I may need somebody with transport to collect my bike from the site to go to register etc and then a lift back ? Hopefully I may be able to arrange something once I get there ? 

• Options
    Mouse - no worries; co-opt me at your will image
  • Options

Cannisters to Bala it is then, hope I remember, oh no of course, that's what sherpas are for!

• Options

Bloody hell Jack!  Name names!  Which company is that so others can avoid them too!  I'll be in Nice with my car and can probably help out if push comes to shove!

• Options

It was booked direct through easyjet and the company was europcar

• Options

Oh and cheers for the offer of help image 

• Options

I'll take 3 if poss.... 

can't update the list from this iPad!

• Options

So, we all take 3 and '1 for Symes' which is kind of PSOF good luck gesture

• Options

Cannisters
    Symes - 2/3
    RBM - 2
    GB - 3
    MC - 2/3?
    Dave - 3
    Meldy - 3

Capt Jack - 3 

Magna Carter - 3

ISB & Little Sister - 6

I suppose I'd better order some for me & big brother! Sorry about the formatting, iPads aren't very good for copying & pasting!!

• Options

I have a box of 20 non threaded I could have a day out to Bala to drop off I suppose ? Good chance to meet up with you all before France image