Options

Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options

Ha ha Trev, don't big me up too much! I've 3 tough races in September followed by a two week break from running before GWR. God knows what condition I will be in, I'm there for the social primarily!

KS, I remember the rain last year and many years at GNR. Last year it drizzled and both my nipples bled on to my team gb athletics singlet! The year before it pissed down half way round and didn't stop and I was a crazy person shouting and swearing at the rain! It got me to the finish quicker tho'

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Hello Classicaldiva, it is a great honour and pleasure to have your presence on the thread and hopefully in Paris.

• Options
    ATM wrote (see)

You'll have fun in the Tri, K. Don't worry about times. It will , indeed, be a PB . ( I've been last. After first, it's really the only place to be...image ) Talc in my socks after the swim was the best tip I got. ) You'll be all ready for the Team MacPerky Tri, Loch Lomond, next July...Simon's going to coach us all through another near-death experience...

You're in the final straight, KS. parkrun for me, too, tomorrow . Then, a run round that well-know non-tropical island, Cumbrae, with Running Rodent, Eggy, Tartanpimpernel, Scott, Audrey and helterskelter...and hundreds of others...but they don't count as much...

Weedy, 'can't wait for the photos..

Thanks ATM, hooray for pakrun. What's your home run? We're getting a third parkrun within 5 miles in October, very exciting. 

The run sounds brilliant - which one is that? Sorry, I'm a bit behind with the event listings... image

TrevO wrote (see)

I still need to get myself along to do a parkrun, keep meaning to.

I have the FORCE 10k at Powderham on Sunday so tomorrow will probably be just a light jog.

1 more week of work and then off to Majorca for a week. Taking my running stuff as need to keep up the training for the Great West half in October. Even if I'm feeling super fit I'll still have to watch Jimbob disappear in to the distance!

YES TrevO, you need to parkrun. Although I think everyone should... I've missed a couple of weeks so am relaly looking forward to getting back to it. 

Ooh Majorca - that's quite hilly, isn't it? I ran in Menorca a few years ago - ended up not running but climing up the near vertical hills. When I got home, someone suggested that I should have run on the beach instead of struggling with the volcano. Yup.

Marathon Maus wrote (see)

Thanks everyone..."meet the parents in person" is next weekend. This weekend is a dress rehearsal.

Weedy: If Mama and Papa Maus were following, they would probably be contributing. Where do you think I get my cheeky from?

I haven't run since Monday. Have been very busy - it's really vindicated my decision to pull out of Berlin. Who knows? I may get out over the weekend.

KS: Sounds indeed like a little bit of stress. Go easy on yourself and enjoy this last week leading up to the wedding.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this weekend's costumes. I hope it stays fine for you all.

Aw, Mama and Papa. I've got a Sylvanian Families vision in my head, it's ever so sweet. 

Thanks MM, will concentrate on deep breathing and a mantra repetition: 'What will be, will be' and/or 'The only thing that matters is getting married to each other'.

The Jimbob wrote (see)

Ha ha Trev, don't big me up too much! I've 3 tough races in September followed by a two week break from running before GWR. God knows what condition I will be in, I'm there for the social primarily!

KS, I remember the rain last year and many years at GNR. Last year it drizzled and both my nipples bled on to my te

• Options

TrevO - there's a parkrun at Plymvalley, it's pretty grim and muddy trail, sposed to be a laugh, i may well be doing it on October 26th.  It would involve you driving 40 miles to meet me for a parkrun! but they are an "experience" - 5k running is not really my bag, so puffy! I only plan to do 3 or 4 a year. If i do it - come and meet me? , there's also one closer to you which you should try out before then. They are good for your raw speed - it really gets the heart pumping. Make sure you print your bacode on a quality printer setting, don't resize it - and i advise taking two - one of them with sellotape smoothly stuck over the barcode. Had no scanning problems last time but previously did. It's 9am every saturday ...

• Options
    Classicaldiva wrote (see)

Mrs DV just popping in to say hi! Apparently I will be running the Paris Marathon next year. I'm not quite sure how this has happened as after my last (and only) half marathon (a few years ago now) I vowed never again. Hopefully with Mr DV's excellent training and good support I will make it round. Am roping in some of my cycling club, so be prepared for a lot of pink shirts!

Bonjour Madam Vader xx 

• Options

An excellent mantra KS!

I know this probably sounds a little odd coming from me in my current position, but I can guarantee that you WILL have an absolute ball on your wedding day.

And if anything does go a little skewiff, either a fabulous friend/family member will sort it out so you don't need to know or worry about it, or you'll improvise. The improvisations may turn out to be some of your most precious memories of the day.

• Options

TJB I replied to your post but it's cut off the end - too wordy,maybe?

In terms of the barcode, after 115 runs I treated Mr KS and I to the new snazzy and token sized barcodes that fit on your keys/laces etc. £3.50 for three I think, and that includes postage. It confuses the marshalls a bit but works brilliantly, and no worries about getting it damp! The one I had before that was laminated.

• Options

Hi Mrs DV. He got you dragging tyres and cars about behind you yet?

Suze - it's the Bacchus fancy dress marathon this Sunday, altho if the costume's okay to run in, I might do GNR with it. I was going to go as Hannibal Orbutt or Britney Orbutt, but decided in the end to go as Yer Maj image

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

KS - Think I get put off by the time it would take me to get to the nearest one. Will put more effort in!

I will be staying near the coast so hopefully wont be too hilly but I'm looking forward to a week of a nice morning runs followed by relaxing!

Wedding wise, just try and relax and enjoy it. You cant expect everything to go exactly to plan so dont stress about it. It will be an amazing day.

TJB - I'm sure after a couple weeks of rest and recovery you will be raring to go again! Dont think I have any plans for the 26th so if you are doing it let me know and I may join you.  

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

Weedy as Yer Maj, now I cant wait to see the photos image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Quick Mrs DV is in the house - straighten the tables and pick up the chairsimage

Welcome to the thread Mrs DV! It's a pleasure to finally 'meet' you!

Trevo - have a great holiday image

KS - Plan as much as you can but just realise that on the big day - you can plan as much as you want but something will always go wrong. It's always good to have a 'handy' maid of honour who can handle any issues and bumps that might happen on the day

• Options

imageClassicaldiva in the (opera) house!!! Woop - welcome M'Lady.

Weedy - I can see why you'd want to be Yer Maj, rather than me - but if it's only because you haven't got a shirt to wear, I could loan you one, rather than being topless.image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Classicaldiva- like it. It's a long road but the Paris rendezvous will make it all worth it image

Whitley Bay parkrun for me tomorrow.

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

Thanks Emmy - still got another week of work to go but have been counting down the days for a while now!!

• Options

Thanks for the welcome!

Weedy, I have tried the tyre briefly, but have mainly advised on the aesthetics and rope length......image

• Options

Forgot to say.

Welcome Classicaldiva! Great to have you here!

I think you've made the wisest choice about the tyre.

• Options

I woke up this morning....no it's not a blues tune....and I was relieved that it was only a dream and I hadn't pulled my hamstring. 

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Welcome to the thread, Classicaldiva. * Smart move, re the tyre. I did notice local farmer appears to have dumped two from his giant tractor...I almost asked him if I could have one but the rest of that imaginary conversation didn't sound good even in my head...*  You'll have a ball , in Paris.

KS, my parkrun's in the grounds of Pollok House

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4096/4910432971_b0b04a5c6b_z.jpg

It's a lovely course. but the best thing in the park is.....

http://www.glasgowguide.co.uk/GG-ORG/glasgowimgs0305/Pollok%20Park%20011.JPG

..the City's herd of Highland cows. image ( Maybe that's just me...)

• Options

Is there a collective noun for people who run Parkruns in the grounds of Pollok House ATM?

Welcome Classicaldiva. Get stuck in.

Am very excited. Have had a rest day today, conserving my strength. And on an entirely different note, Maus is coming over this weekend. YIPPEE!

imageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Polloks? Pilloks?

• Options

Hi there Classicaldiva - welcome to the thread. Good plan to stay away from the tyres. My cousin ran the Edinburgh marathon towing one behind him. I still haven't worked out why. But at least it means I'm not the maddest in the family. 

How are you getting on with the costume for the weekend, Emmy? Everything buffed to a high shine image?

• Options

Never mind the pollocks....

...here's the Sex Pistols

/members/images/727962/Gallery/Sex_Pistols.jpg

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

image Brill, Weedy. There you have it, TD. New collective noun...sexpistols.

• Options

Can't find the like button

• Options

I thought " the pollok parkas " but I'm just seeing things in black and white and a la mod just now 

• Options

Emmy, I've messaged you re the numpties guide. The tri is in Fleetwood.

This really is a lovely place and I do look forward to meeting some of you in Paris (I'll also be in pink).  Hope everyone has a great weekend, despite the rain.  Don't think I'll be choosing my normal beach route in the morning!

• Options

Kirsten - you're looking forward to it now, wait until a week before. You'll be mad for it image

• Options

Hey Classicaldiva!  Welcome.  Hope you've forgiven me for dragging your husband across Europe !

Nice tempo run today as weather is finally improving a little.   Trying to refigure out my nutrition during long runs.  Ordered some Perpeteum following DV's advice - need to try the stuff out for Dopey and Comrades.

• Options

'ello Mrs DV.

Trev, sweetheart, I AM NOT GETTING DRESSED UP THIS WEEKEND...no matter what your memory/imagination/desires may tell you to the contrary, ok?

I am going to the allotment, sporting my well honed Skanky Minger look.  Does that help at all?

All porridged up and ready to go here....hey ho...

• Options

Welcome, classicaldiva! Will be awesome to have you in paris.

All ready and waiting for last Berlin lsr here. Got a new toy too. image cool waist belt in lovely lime green.