Options

Asics Target 26.2 Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options

Agreed Sticky - last night was bad enough, and tonight will feel like the night before a race. I never thought for one minute I would even get to bootcamp, so I should just put it out of my mind, but I can't!

Malcs you've done an amazing job on putting that race list together. I'm also in Silverstone and the Thunder Run. I'm now thinking if I take my mum home (to Wymondham) before New Year, I could maybe do the Wymondham 10k. How sad is that!

• Options
    ArrowsLou wrote (see)

Agreed Sticky - last night was bad enough, and tonight will feel like the night before a race. I never thought for one minute I would even get to bootcamp, so I should just put it out of my mind, but I can't!

Malcs you've done an amazing job on putting that race list together. I'm also in Silverstone and the Thunder Run. I'm now thinking if I take my mum home (to Wymondham) before New Year, I could maybe do the Wymondham 10k. How sad is that!

Ooh ArrowsLou, I'm doing the Wymondham 10k on NYD - we're in Norwich so it's only round the corner for us - do it!

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Good luck everyone. Last year, if I remember rightly, we were told on Tuesday evening. I hope they are kind and put you out of your misery earlier than planned!

• Options

ArrowsLou Totally agree, be interested with people's tips on how to put it out of your mind. 

Malcs Im in two minds on the villain thing. It would be great to be a villain and I a know the crowds will love the whole hero's catching the villain but I love my Superman outfit (you cant tell can you!) and I also love the challenge of catching them up. Come up with a suitable villain alternative for me and I might change my mind. 

Have a good day everyone, hope it goes quickly. 

• Options

KeyserSuze I've done the NYD Wymondham 10k lots of times before as my parents are from Dereham!

ArrowsLou You should definitely do it if you're in the area. It's a brilliant run with such a great, friendly atmosphere. Unfortunately I can't do it in 2014 as I won't be in Norfolk by then.

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

DS2 - many thanks! Looking back we had an email on the Monday last year. However, they did tell us it would be Wednesday. You never know though. 

SupermanRuns - I can understand your dilemma. Maybe you could kill two birds with one stone and come as 'bad Superman' from Superman III? Go on a drinking binge, roll in the mud a bit, have a smoke etc.? image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

THREAD RACE LIST

Dec
    15 - Telford 10k - Littlemissactive
    15 - Milton Keynes half - ArrowsLou (maybe)
    22 - Portsmouth Coastal Marathon - Maxs Mum
    27 - Wheaton Aston 10k - Littlemissactive
    29 - Buntingford 10k - ArrowsLou
    29 - Moors Valley 10k - Maxs Mum

Jan
    1 - Wymondham New Year's day 10k - KeyserSuze, ArrowsLou?
    19 - Fred Hughes 10 - ArrowsLou
    19 - Not The Roman IX (12k) - Running Bunny

Feb
    2 - Watford half - ArrowsLou, Running Bunny
    15 - Race Your Pace Half - SupermanRuns
    23 - Hampton Court half - Rattler Rattler

Mar
    2 - Bath half - Jon Marshall, Marcus
    2 - Silverstone half - KeyserSuze, ArrowsLou
    2 - Reading half - Running Bunny
    9 - Ashby 20 - Running Bunny
    23 - Coventry half - Running Bunny
    16 - Surrey Spitfire 20 - Malcs, DS2, ArrowsLou, SupermanRuns
    30 - Maiden Castle 10k - Maxs Mum 

Apr
    6 - Paris Marathon - Running Bunny + ?
    26 - Plymouth half - KeyserSuze

May
    11 - Leeds half - Sticky
    18 - Great Manchester 10K - Sticky
    18 - Heroes Run - SupermanRuns
    25 - Liverpool Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon - Running Bunny

June
    28 - Giants Head Marathon - Maxs Mum

Jul
    26/27 - Thunder Run - Malcs, Tigger, Jenf, Clive, Angela, RRR, Sarah O, Running Bunny, ArrowsLou

Sep
    7 - Great North Run - Sticky 
    14 - Purbeck marathon - Maxs Mum
    14 - Baccus marathon and half marathon - CharlieZBrown? Angela?
    15 - Bristol half - Marcus
    21 - Black Hill 10k - Maxs Mum

Oct
    12 - Studland Stampede 12k - Maxs Mum
    26 - The Stickler - Maxs Mum

• Options

KeyserSuze and FruitSmoothie - am very tempted by the 10k. I've done the Wymondham 20 a few times (even won my age category!) and really enjoyed it. My mum is trying to sell the house to move closer to us, so this could be my last opportunity. The only slight concern is my son is having a New Year's Eve party at our house... is it better to be nearby or to allow a goodly amount of time for him to clear up image

• Options

SupermanRuns - that looks a great fun race! loving the section on choosing your costume and the different types of runners image

Malcs - yes he does his best, but lets just say that during the via ferrata bits we were glad he's not a saint bernard. . .
    Great list compiling by the way!

ArrowsLou - I cant stop thinking about it either! just keep running through the day thinking i should have spoken up more, ran faster, ran slower, asked more questions! etc etc - thank goodness its Wednesday tomorrow.
    Do you think they will let us know the same day if we dont make it? and why?

• Options

LOVE the long list of events that everyone is doing - we are a busy bunch!!

How's everyone feeling this morning? I'm trying not to think about it and have alot of work on today to keep me busy, but I keep going from one extreme to the other ... one minute I think "I'm sure they would want me, wouldn't they?" and then I'm like "I know they will call me to apologise and it will be the end of The Dream" image ... anyone else like that or am I just being overdramatic and obsessive??

Anyway let's not dwell on it - who's been for a run today to take their mind off it???

• Options

@RunningBunny7 - Yes I'm like that. I think "I'm a nice guy - I can keep up with the blogging and social media that they might want. I can train and am dedicated", then I think "There were better people and runners than me there".

It's awful. Imagine what XFactor people go through on TV!

• Options

Running Bunny 7 I did exactly that did!  A little 7km this morning to try and distract myself .... tomorrow needs to hurry up!!!  I am out celebrating my birthday tomorrow night (though it's not actually until Friday) ... it would be a nice little birthday present don't you think!!! 

I love all the races, I need to sit down and work out which ones I'm doing ... lots of inspiration there image! Thanks everyone!!!!!!!! xx

• Options

@welshgje Yeah but at least if you don't get through on X Factor you get a big cuddle from Dermot O'Leary .... mmmmmm I wouldn't mind a no if I got a big squeeze and kiss from him LOL!!! image And I wouldn't mind seeing my "best bits" on the big screen (if there are any).

Not that it's nice to go through all these emotions but glad I'm not the only one.

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Maxs Mum - ha ha image Yes, you wouldn't want to be lugging one of those monsters around. On the flip side, there is that cask of brandy! image

RB - lol - love the idea of 'best bits', maybe suggest that to them for next year? image I can do without Dermot though.

Nice 5 miler planned for me today - no particular speed or time in mind, just a gentle saunter to eat up the adrenaline.

welshgje - oh the mind games! Deep breaths...in...and out....in... image

CharlieZBrown - it would be an awesome birthday present - many happy returns in advance image

I have you down as a maybe for Bacchus so let me know if that becomes a definite or not.

• Options
    welshgje wrote (see)

@RunningBunny7 - Yes I'm like that. I think "I'm a nice guy - I can keep up with the blogging and social media that they might want. I can train and am dedicated", then I think "There were better people and runners than me there".

It's awful. Imagine what XFactor people go through on TV!

Have been thinking much the same thing! image

• Options

Hey Malcs, I am running the Bath half in March and I think I will run the Paris marathon as well even if I don't get through.  It will be great to support those that do.

To all the bootcampers - the nerves on the forum are palpable!  Good luck to everyone!

• Options

Also, we just completed on our wreck of a house yestersday. I think escaping for a run will be the only thing that will keep me sane in the coming months.  The house was last decorated in the sixties...it's very orange!

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

THREAD RACE LIST

Dec
    15 - Telford 10k - Littlemissactive
    15 - Milton Keynes half - ArrowsLou (maybe)
    22 - Portsmouth Coastal Marathon - Maxs Mum
    27 - Wheaton Aston 10k - Littlemissactive
    29 - Buntingford 10k - ArrowsLou
    29 - Moors Valley 10k - Maxs Mum

Jan
    1 - Wymondham New Year's day 10k - KeyserSuze, ArrowsLou?
    19 - Fred Hughes 10 - ArrowsLou
    19 - Not The Roman IX (12k) - Running Bunny

Feb
    2 - Watford half - ArrowsLou, Running Bunny
    15 - Race Your Pace Half - SupermanRuns
    23 - Hampton Court half - Rattler Rattler

Mar
    2 - Bath half - Jon Marshall, Marcus
    2 - Silverstone half - KeyserSuze, ArrowsLou
    2 - Reading half - Running Bunny
    9 - Ashby 20 - Running Bunny
    23 - Coventry half - Running Bunny
    16 - Surrey Spitfire 20 - Malcs, DS2, ArrowsLou, SupermanRuns
    30 - Maiden Castle 10k - Maxs Mum 

Apr
    6 - Paris Marathon - Running Bunny + ?
    26 - Plymouth half - KeyserSuze

May
    11 - Leeds half - Sticky
    18 - Great Manchester 10K - Sticky
    18 - Heroes Run - SupermanRuns
    25 - Liverpool Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon - Running Bunny

June
    28 - Giants Head Marathon - Maxs Mum

Jul
    26/27 - Thunder Run - Malcs, Tigger, Jenf, Clive, Angela, RRR, Sarah O, Running Bunny, ArrowsLou

Sep
    7 - Great North Run - Sticky 
    14 - Purbeck marathon - Maxs Mum
    14 - Baccus marathon and half marathon - CharlieZBrown? Angela?
    15 - Bristol half - Marcus
    21 - Black Hill 10k - Maxs Mum

Oct
    12 - Studland Stampede 12k - Maxs Mum
    26 - The Stickler - Maxs Mum

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Maxs Mum - ha ha image Yes, you wouldn't want to be lugging one of those monsters around. On the flip side, there is that cask of brandy! image

RB - lol - love the idea of 'best bits', maybe suggest that to them for next year? image I can do without Dermot though.

Nice 5 miler planned for me today - no particular speed or time in mind, just a gentle saunter to eat up the adrenaline.

welshgje - oh the mind games! Deep breaths...in...and out....in... image

CharlieZBrown - it would be an awesome birthday present - many happy returns in advance image

I have you down as a maybe for Bacchus so let me know if that becomes a definite or not.

• Options
    FruitSmoothie wrote (see)

KeyserSuze I've done the NYD Wymondham 10k lots of times before as my parents are from Dereham!

ArrowsLou You should definitely do it if you're in the area. It's a brilliant run with such a great, friendly atmosphere. Unfortunately I can't do it in 2014 as I won't be in Norfolk by then.

Cool, a Norfolk contingent! Shame you can't do it this year too FruitSmoothie, but glad to hear it's a good run. ArrowsLou, best off out of it I think! I remember my brother having a party in our house while we were all away - he got it all tidied up but he got found out by a hole in our bathroom door! They weren't very good doors. 

I am waiting for tomorrow, not very patiently! I feel exactly the same too - trying to be content with bootcamp, which was brilliant, but knowing I would absolutely love to get to the next stage - and beyond! I do wish we could all get through - I don't envy the RW team trying to choose. Hope they have coffee and treats to get them through!

• Options

RB - I would also love a cuddle from Dermot .... that would make everything better ;D!

Malcs - Will do hoping to get it all sorted over Christmas when I will actually have time to stop ;D!  For a second anyway!!!

xx

• Options

I think it's because nobody actually cornered you for 5 minutes and said "right, tell us WHY we should pick you" ... you weren't put on the spot to show them how much you wanted it - you know, X Factor style

"it's all I've ever wanted, it's my dream, it would mean so much to me, please pick me, don't send me home, i''ll do anything, I'll improve, i've taken all your comments on board ... " etc etc. And I didn't have my whole family there wearing cheesy t-shirts with my picture on them ha ha ha

Missed a trick I guess image

• Options

CharlieZBrown - hands off Dermot, I was there first!! Although you can have Louis if you really want .....

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Only one of you can have him - he's only a little fella, there's just not enough Dermot to go roundimage

• Options

I'm sure we can share ... but can I have him first image
    P.S. I'd even share my chips with him!!

• Options

RB - ermmm ....... I think I would rather have Nicole than Louis ... image

• Options

Mornin' all - I've been really busy at work, which has kind of taken my mind off tomorrow's decision day, but I'm on a training course this afternoon, and will no doubt have time for my mind to wander and wonder image

A great list of upcoming events on Malc's list, I've also got Brighton Marathon on the same day as Paris in April - I know which one I'd rather do imageimage

And KeyserSuze - can you please get on with it and get your name changed to KeyserShuze image - you showed far too much interest in the ASICS shoes to add to your collection - image

Tim

• Options

Preparing myself for the worst then atleast it's a bonus if it's good news. Need to know soooon one way or the other. 

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha ha Tim image

RB - lol, that's right, fatten him up on chips then there will be plenty of him to go round image  Probably make for a softer cuddle too...awww.

CharlieZBrown wrote (see)

RB - ermmm ....... I think I would rather have Nicole than Louis ... image

Me too! Though I feel kind of uncomfortable saying that (EDIT) hang on she's 35, cancel that last statement!

doppyashton - the psychology is a nightmare, makes the 5K seems like adoddle doesn't it?

• Options

hello again BC'ers image

Well thankfully (i think) busy work and coursework duties have kept my mind busy and off of thoughts of what could be up to now . . . . . . . .(almost)

just catching up on the thread and now i cant think of anything else, woops!

Have been a bit lax in my event sorting so far but will definitely be at the Bristol half as its my local race and if any of you are in this neck of the woods there is a great series called the Cheddar Gorge challenge which is 5k's, 10k's, halfs and full marathon over 3 months or so in the summer.  I did the full challenge this year and the marathon (in and around the gorge and the Mendip hills) is by far the hardest thing I have ever done!! They have crisps and jaffa cakes at the feed stations so get a thumbs up from meimage

Ill have a look for the dates . . . . .