Options

The 2014 Ironman Training thread

Comments

• Options

10 mile run followed by a 75 mile bike today and finished off by a mile OW swim this evening. My longest bike ride ever! Feel surprisingly good considering.

• Options

well done tricoops...greta training day

• Options

Did my longest ever bike today 104 miles - hunters and sheep dip hill x2 -  bonked at 80 to 90 miles - Japanese flag - my ar5e!!

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/506655774

• Options
    9sqrun wrote (see)

Did my longest ever bike today 104 miles - hunters and sheep dip hill x2 -  bonked at 80 to 90 miles - Japanese flag - my ar5e!!

Nice ride

how did you find hunters 

• Options

Well that was a great training sesh, got up feeling tired and could easily have sacked it, within 20 minutes all was good in the hood 5 hours and 30 minutes of the hilliest route East Cornwall can offer (that is HILLY) felt stronger and stronger as the ride progressed then a cracking hilly hours run, 30 mins in i realised i was just running effortlessly it was just one of those good daysimage

• Options

did the roman road challenge yesterday (80miles but did 83.5???) it included hunters hill and fox holes (which is the climb next to SHL, part of the climb is 11% for 0.6m) so glad we are doing SHL) total climbing was 1190m all in the first 50miles thats just under the total IMUK climbing! I was due to go on a long run today but I have decided to treat myself to a few beers! 

• Options
    Crooky-BWFC wrote (see)
    9sqrun wrote (see)

Nice ride

how did you find hunters 

Hunters was fine as I do it most weekends - don't know what it will be like at mile 90 on the day though!! SHL is a steady climb so not too scary.

• Options

Back to pennington for me tonight

at this rate i will make it round the swim course again

but i defo wont be breaking any records

• Options

Finished coast to coast yesterday with my 15yr old son....great fun, despite getting soaked to the skin on Sunday while riding through Haltwhistle.... 140 miles bagged... image

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Options

Good effort MC!!

• Options
    On holiday for a week so doing what I can..been doing some sea swims and I have to say that I'm glad outlaw is a lake! Choppy.
  • Options
    Crooky there are a few if us from a FB group called Ironman Journey going to Flash then doing a loop on Saturday. You seem to be local, not sure if you're already a member of the group but if not am sure it is all comers welcome
  • Options
    Final RVFinal RV ✭✭✭

Doing the first century rde of the year on Saturday and right on cue I've started to get a niggly pain in my groin.  Managed to run it off this morning but it's back again now, hoping that getting a brick bike/run session in early doors this morning and no run tomorrow will be the long recovery/rest needed.  Weather looks better this weekend as well.

• Options

raced last night....a very hilly 10k .legs knackered again.....sunday is going to be a killer as the run course is already muddy.by the time everyone has run around it a few thousand times over the weekend its going to be a mud bath by the time i get on the run sunday evening......

this might not be an ironman PB for meimage

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Well done for going tho Seren.  You sounded a little less enthusiastic on other social media yesterday  image

I have my last century ride planned this Saturday.  I've foolishly agreed to let someone else plan the route and *hills* were mentioned image  Still, nothing ventured and all that

• Options

Will you ever learn HC?!! 

I am hoping too for a long ride/long run combo for the weekend and I am also hoping for nice warm weather ,,,,,

• Options

weather looking drier this weekend.great for everyone in peak training

HC  hills are your friends......I still don't believe it but apparent its trueimage

• Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

raced last night....a very hilly 10k .legs knackered again.....sunday is going to be a killer as the run course is already muddy.by the time everyone has run around it a few thousand times over the weekend its going to be a mud bath by the time i get on the run sunday evening......

Seren, 

AT isn't a PB course, bike is 5 miles long for a start.

11:33 will get you the course recordimage

not sure what the ladies course record is??

moniques or Michelle possibly but there's was part of a deca.

cheers,

dave m

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

I'm sure the hills will be alive with the sound of something this weekend. image 

• Options
    Off to the Lake District tomorrow for the Coniston Old Man 1/2 IM i have heard its a tadge hilly my road bike tyre has just split and i cant get a replacement Vredstein in time so its cross bike, not to bothered as I am using it as a training session so not worried about time plus my cross bike is surprisingly nippy image
  • Options
    Next three races entered

The Anglian Iron distance race near cromer

Midnightman

Then close the season with IM barcelona
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Oh lord.  Just chatting through Saturdays route and the words Ditchling and Beacon were strung together in the same sentence.  I've got two failed attempts up that hill.  Maybe third time lucky?

Last century ride for me this week and that though makes me very happy image

• Options
    Deca Dave wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)

Seren, 

AT isn't a PB course, bike is 5 miles long for a start.

11:33 will get you the course recordimage

not sure what the ladies course record is??

moniques or Michelle possibly but there's was part of a deca.

cheers,

dave m

The second year  the women in the single  did it in 13 hrs something..pretty good going for that course......image

• Options
    Happychap wrote (see)

Oh lord.  Just chatting through Saturdays route and the words Ditchling and Beacon were strung together in the same sentence.  I've got two failed attempts up that hill.  Maybe third time lucky?

Last century ride for me this week and that though makes me very happy image

haha HC...used to drive up ditchling beacon on my way home from work in the 80's......my little fiat used to struggle.have fun cycling up it image

• Options

need an afternoon nap if i am ever going to race tonight....image

and need to get to the attic soon to get some camping stuff down........

food bought though so main thing sorted image

• Options

Open water swim this evening.... and managed 2.7 miles at 1:55/100m pace... very pleased with that, as I now KNOW that I can swim an IM distance in my target 1.5hrs!

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Options
    Happychap wrote (see)

You had the same record with Bury HIll but you've had no problems pedalling up that several time this year.  You'll be fine image

• Options

had a lovely aqyathon tonight.pleased with the swim as there were lots of people behind me for a change and came out just behind Pingu/........I nearly beat her.....so great result.........the lost about 2 minutes to her in transition that i couldn't make up on the 5k run........

lost so many places in transitionimage

• Options
    GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭
    Not allowed to train tonight, watching a film about Mandela under duress. Whilst reading CW.
  • Options
    Nice pool sssion tonight, 3k in 48:50.

Thats my swim training done for this year image