Options

Sub 3:30 - Malcolm Barbour - Vote for me - ASICS262

Comments

• Options
    This is so nip n tuck!! One minute behind, one minute ahead....what on earth is left to happen.
  • Options

superman has a final spin around the world collecting votes and beats the lot of them image

• Options

seren nos - image that's very good!

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Three back in the running now! Tremendousimage

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Look out boys, Kirsty is putting on a sprint and we all know how strong the ladies are in the closing stages of an endurance event. image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

LOL - I love this competition. Excellent work Kirsty! image

But no Tim image

• Options

Thanks minni I did hint to them all I might have something left in the tank, never underestimate a women who might be taken on a shopping spree at the weekend if she wins (asics clothes shopping woo hoo) image

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I fear the marathon coaching will be quite boring after all this!

• Options
    And my voting goes the way of my running, early promise, good middle, can be found by the side of the road at about 21 mile!
  • Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Tim - aw don't! I was supposed to be the sympathy case image I tell you what I wouldn't rule out a surge for you as well. I came back from the dead remember.

Kirsty - I think you'll wear it better than any of the rest of us too! If it goes to me or Marcus we'll blow the lot on hats anti chafeimage

It's going to be a very interesting finish. Don't leave your computer anyone! image

• Options

Tim -  made me laugh very whitty image  get on twitter n twitter your socks off!

If this vote lasted any longer Minni I'd be sacked disowned and not even fit for running a 5k, I need to train!! I can't remember what I used to do before all this!

Malc - dead right definitely anyone's now! slave to my laptop AGAIN!!! image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

This is getting quite rediculous really. I thought I might enter again next year, but not on this basis. I have a business to run, a family etc. I'd sooner pay for it all myself - it would work out cheaper than a whole week of lost workimage

With so much effort, you all deserve to win!!!!

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

DS2 - lol image Not much longer and then we'll all be put out of our misery. Buuuut, for now, it's all hands to the pump because the Kirsty and Marcus are absolutely flying. 

It feels like those old penny arcade horse racing games where they all swap places just before the end! image

• Options

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, can't keep up with who's ahead etc, feeling very anxious for all of you image, and I'm not even in it! Hang in there, keep going with the votes. Remember, it's a marathon, so need the stamina to keep going! image Keep calm, carry on getting the votes!

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

You've all done so well and whoever wins deserves our support! Honestly, I wouldn't be able to put that much effort in - my life wouldn't allow it. I take my hat off to you all!

i think I will just enter Paris myself for 2015, pay a coach and go from there!

Last year seemed so easy compared to this!

• Options

My word.........every time I check there's a different person in the lead.........this is addictive viewing (although I'm sure for everyone involved, tomorrow can't come quick enough.

At the rate some people are getting votes in , someone could easily be 600 votes behind with 2 hours of voting left and still come out winning. Crazy!

Full respect to everyone. Like DS2 said, last year was a few notches below the intensity of this year. We only had to focus on keeping the thread alive - no worries with working full time on Facebook and Twitter too. 

I take it you'll be pulling an all nighter Malcs and offloading the school run in the morning on to Mrs. Malcs! image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha ha image

Unfortunately Ady I can see no link between what I'm doing and the vote rises. If I could see a correlation between effort and results I would go for it but there isn't any, not for things done directly by me anyway.

All the big differences are being made by the people helping me out. There are quite a few of them now all contacting friends and passing on the word. They have been amazing and I can't thank them enough.

I will keep trying things of course but it's a bit hit and hope. The recent rally was spectacular and could easily happen again. 

Looking forward to lunch tomorrow image

• Options

Malcs we've got the local youth football team on it, I don't know if it will help or hinder image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Good work Mr P. I think I can get a good few in tomorrow morning but doubt it will be much above 20 I'm afraid!image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Got another re-tweet from Liz McColgan - what a superstar in more ways than one!

Apparently next year those who make the final stage will have to jump out of a helicopter, spend a night in a rat infested cave and eat kangaroo testiclesimage

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha image it'll help I'm sure - Top man Mr P

DS2 - that would be immense, thanks!

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Kirsty has gone mad! I wonder if they really will do it just based on votes? If they do, I bet it'll be the only time they do! I think it will put a lot of people off entering.

how on earth would people that do really important jobs like Clive or Sarah be able to compete? ( no disrespect to the rest of us but those out there saving lives, working shifts etc just wouldn't be able to do this)

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

The girl is on fire and well done to her. I make that a 1000 vote swing today, no? That's outstanding voting. With support like that you can do anything.

Team baldie has been all but wiped out in one surgical strike!image

But we're not dead yet.... image

• Options

Wow.....that's impressive voting - over 40 an hour (and yes, I did have to use a calculator to work that out) or two every three minutes. I think those that have been eating kangaroo testicles over the past few weeks would have struggled to muster such strong support!

Definitely not dead yet. 

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Well I think I had a similar swing on Sunday Ady so you never know image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

The whole thing is a nonsense. The point of the competition seems to have been lost.

lets be honest, there will only be 30 or 40 regular forumites interested in what happens during the training and yet they have just tarnished the competition by making it a Facebook & Twitter frenzy. 

Their choice but it's no longer credible. 

• Options

Good point DS2, but I think there is also the opportunity to open this up to a wider audience. OK a lot of the people that might have voted may never come back to the RW website to check on the training, but Runner's World like so many other companies and products are using social media to promote and drive their sales/website footfall, so i don't blame them for going with the flow. In previous years you had to join the forums to be able to vote, is that still the same for this year, or can anyone just come on the site and click to vote?

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

You don't have to sign up KR.

Gotta take the rough with the smooth though. I had an amazing comeback on Sunday and earlier today so I can't complain.

I'm 800 behind now so I need whatever happened to happen again or tomorrow I'm out of it. I have just googled the phrase 'hero to zero' image

• Options

Just a thought, are people voting for the right bald bloke? image

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    It's weird, I looked yesterday lunchtime and Kirsty was far behind, then looked again last night and she gained 1000 votes. This morning Marcus? and yourself have 800 more votes. good luck.

Knight Rider - I think most of Malcolm's support voted for Kirsty, she's far better looking than Malcs.