Options

Sub 3:30 - Malcolm Barbour - Vote for me - ASICS262

Comments

• Options

Go Malcs, Go! You've gotta win so I can follow your training plan image, you've got so much to give to the rest of us! A massive GOOD LUCK to you! I'm watching your votes grow...

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Emmy - thanks, that's brilliant!

I slipped off the Paris thread recently - just couldn't keep up with you lot! After moving house in the autumn I had to restrict myself to one regular thread. I do take a peek every now and then so I know you're still running crazy numbers of marathons! image Seems like there are a load of new people there too which is great!

Got to meet the incredibly nice KS at bootcamp. Really feel for her not making it through. 

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

A.W - that's great to hear you're still improving. You had such an amazing Paris last year. Re. the fish bowl - tell me about it! Twice now for me - it's a test of mental stamina image

Sticky - thanks so much! I certainly need my votes to grow image Whoever makes it will be great to follow I'm sure.

Not sure I can do this for 7 days! image

• Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

good luck Malcs.....you are an example of someone who engages with the forums..........its great to see.......Hope that you can get the votes.image

+1

Happy to vote for a regular.

• Options

Good luck Malcs   You get my vote.  Tim

• Options

I hit submit too early image

You get my vote as you are such a positive contributor on here. And always supportive of others. 

nice one. 

Tim

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Screamapillar - many thanks! Not quite as regular as you but I'm getting there image

Rattler Rattler - ha ha, cheers. Very kind of you to say.

I'm lucky enough to have already been here. The others I'm sure will show that they are just positive.

• Options

You've been a great support welcoming me into the forum and helping us out with hints at bootcamp. Everyone deserves a second chance at it (although I don't think I could take the stress again!!). This doesn't mean that I don't think the others all deserve a place too, but if I have to choose, you have the edge. Good luck!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Malcs - That's a pretty safe betimage

• Options

Good luck Malcs- you will be a worthy winner. I echo what the others have said regarding your contribution to the forum, and that should count for something. More importantly you're a mate and we will support you all the way!

Doesn't wearing a kilt count as a dress???image We should do the run in Perth together- its a 5k where they wanted to break the world record for the number of runners in kilts...

• Options
    Malcs wrote (see)

Screamapillar - many thanks! Not quite as regular as you but I'm getting there image

You never want to be that regular image

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Malcs,

So far there are only 4 people over 200 votes, you and Kirsty and 2 in Sub 4h30.  It's still early days and we don't know what the mix will be from other groups.  I'm stressing and I'm not a finalist.  Good luck

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Screamapillar - lol image  The way my nerves are going it's going to be regular all the way to next Tuesday!

ArrowsLou - thanks, really appreciate it. Hope you find the forums as valuable a source of help, advice and support as I have. You know that come next October you'll be itching to do this all againimage

Clive - if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here! For those who don't know I got Clive's place after he picked up an injury and very graciously pulled out so someone else could have a try. I'm risking going into an Oscar speech so I'll stop right there image

5K in kilts, in Perth? I hope it's in the summer! What's the date?

PC - ha ha image Well that's a nice statistic to know. The worst thing about the vote counters is everyone seeing you got hardly any votes at all. Nice to know I am doing ok!

Luckily anti-perspirant was BOGOF at Sainsburys this week!

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Malcs - remember to do some work today! image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Yeah, and tomorrow, and Friday and....

I will be bankrupt by Tuesday image. Then it won't be votes I need but food and somewhere to stay!

At least we're all in the same boat but these vote counters make it sooooo much more nerve wracking!

• Options

Hi Malc,

Good to meet you (if only briefly) at boot camp. Sorry I didn't predict the rain in the morning image

Good luck!

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha ha image It was fine Paul, we missed it! image

Glad we had a chance to say hello. Strange to see no ladies in your category, especially with just 3 of you. Must make the pressure even greater knowing you have a 1 in 3 chance - eeek!

• Options

yeah, we had 3 more than capable girls in our group at boot camp too!

to be honest, it's torture watching the vote counters go up, this is going to be a LONG week.

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

LOL image

Gosh, your group is very tight! Ours has a big breakaway leader. 

• Options

Found you!

How much do you want my vote?

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Malcs -  don't worry - slow and steady wins the race.  image When does voting close?

Its interesting doing it on purely votes.  This makes complete sense for RW and Asics having everyone promoting them through looking for votes but I hope at the end of the day the right person wins and not just someone who has lots of friends of friends of friends etc voting.

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

I agree Minniimage

I have posted a character reference for Malcs aimed at regular forumites to get behind the one that should win!

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/spring-marathon/a-special-plea-to-all-long-term-forumites/270361.html

• Options

Minni - I agree - it has to be for the right person.

GJE

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Tigger - if I didn't know I already had it I would happily answer that question. Thanks! image

Minni - at the risk of shooting myself in the foot, all 3 in my category are worthy winners. They are all on social media elsewhere so they will have no problem sharing their journey here.

Difficult to say who the right person is. Marcus has sooo much potential. Tim is stuck like I was last year and is a great laugh. Kirsty is really funny too and totally running mad. She can touch her toes too!

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

I think the readers will wan to follow someone that has been close to breaking the barrier in the past and with the right training will make it. They won't want to follow someone easily capable of 20 minutes inside.

The training plan put together will need to be something that would suit them as well.

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Gareth - my wife has voted for you, she's from Llanelli image

DS2 - gosh, many thanks. Feel quite humbled image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Not at all mate - really appreciated the support you gave me last year and through the summer months with the injury but most notably, the personal message on the morning of my Dad's funeral.

Says everything about you!image

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

DS2 - Great idea.

There are loads of great people voting for Malcs who, like him, make the forums a success unfortunately someone with many miles on the clock and years of networking on the forums has as much voting power as my Aunty Joan.

I have asked Facebook friends and colleagues to vote, very few will respond but any that do, their votes are extremely welcome.

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

And much appreciated PC - including Aunty Joan lol image

I am being a bit clobbered at the moment. I need to get the sky writer booked and the tour bus back out the garage.

As a plus point both my children voted for me on their iPods this morning. I knew that would be money well spentimage

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Luckily I have 370 children from a variety of broken relationships! Also, luckily I pay maintainence for all and they all have ipods so you should be in the lead very soonimage

Mrs DS2 is looking quizzically at me concerning the broken relationship children!!!