Options

Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Options

Jude - great results for your kids' music exams. Well done to them. All the lego work will pay off in the long run in terms of their mathematical/spatial design - future engineers in the making!

my eldest is making cookies on his own!!

• Options

HI

chili - hope you are recovering

went to club run last night - nice speedy 4 miles, though my knees are a little tender today

today I took the kids out for a bike ride, nice to spend time outside with them doing something fun without them arguing or me telling anyone off image

also did a turbo and gym session

• Options

Hi MC!

Gosh you are getting lots of training in! Well done! How were the cookies?

Just a swim for me today and a session on the treadmill yesterday.

Nighty night folks!

• Options

haha. the cookies were a bit of a fail,, turned out like rock cakes without the dried fruit! edible though image

• Options

Hi Everyone,

Flying visit...8.4 miles yesterday ...resting today....miserable weather again!!

Jude-Well done on your swim.

MC-Well done on your club run and bike ride with the little MC's.

• Options
    NandyNandy ✭✭✭

Hellllooooooo!!

Sorry for the lack of communication, not been around much. Was in Berlin for 4 days over the weekend which was great! Plenty of walking which aggravated the knee, had a physio appointment yesterday. After lots of poking about, pushing, pulling, bending and stretching he decided that he couldn't find anything obviously wrong with my knee!image

I'm not sure if that please me or worries me! He said my calves are very tight though and it may be something to do with that or a plantaris muscle or something. It felt fine though once he'd finished and I actually managed my first run in 17 days last night!! I only did 2 steady miles to test it and apart from a couple of twinges, it was fine.

Chili - I wish you a full and speedy recovery!!

Jude - Well done to your children in their swimming and music!! You must be very proud of them!

MC - Well done with the training!!

Franny - I know what you mean about the running for fun, especially with using the garmin watch or strava app on my phone. It always feels like I'm competing. I sometimes go out without my phone or watch and have a plod about. 

Hi everyone else, hope you're all well!! 

• Options

nandy - maybe it is just general tightness, although it took me a few different physios to get to the bottom of my knee problem. Glad the run went well for you today

had a pretty lazy day today, had to go for a scan on my belly but they couldn't see anything wrong, wasn't allowed breakfast before it, so had breakfast at 10 which just threw the whole day out really. The kids went to the theatre with my mum, which meant I had the whole day, had intended to do a long run but ended up laying on the sofa watching telly!! I did bake some muffins and got the hoover out! Oh well, was nice to have a nice lazy quiet time. 

off to swimming tonight so not a totally lazy day image

chili - hope you are well

• Options

Hello everyone.

Nice to hear from you Nandy but hope your knee problem gets sorted out.

Mathschick  Wow you have been a busy bee with all your exersize. Well done on your 13 miles.

AF Well done on your run the other day. You are probably out running today again.

Jude Well done to your kids on their music results.

This weeks training has only consisted of  30 mins intervals on Tuesday. A quickish 5 miler yesterday and weights today. Just not enough time to fit everything in. I have a 15k trail race on Sunday Morning and weather looks horrendous for it...I am hoping the forecast is wrong.

• Options

Afternoon,

Franny-Good luck in your race on Sunday- hope the weather isn't too diabolical!! What is the race you are doing?

Nandy-Fingers crossed you get your knee sorted out. Weren't you ding a 20 mile race soon?

14.5 mile run this morning and tonight I am going out with a crowd from the running club for a drink and curry to celebrate my big birthday on Wednesday. Looking forward to a night out but not the birthday!!

Hopefully a 10 miler on Sunday...

• Options

Race is The Devilla Forrest 15k Trail AF..............Enjoy your pre- birthday celebrations tonight and have fun image

• Options

AF - well done on the run and enjoy yourself tonight

busy busy day today with the kids doing various faffy things. Youngest needs glasses which he is a bit upset about I think

• Options

Evening everyone

AF - hope you are having a lovely time.

Franny - Have a great race tomorrow!

MC - hope you have enjoyed your week.

Well, I managed my first walk today. Think it is going to take me while to get running again. Am back to 'work' tomorrow and hope I can cope.

• Options

chili - I have been worried about you! Sounds like you are not back to full strength so take care tomorrow

• Options

16 miles today-my longest run ever!  legs hurt towards the end and I wasn't as quick (relative I know as I am slow) as I would have liked because I had a stich.  Never had one before-most annoying.  Legs are now just a dull ache.  Have Silverstone next week and then an 18 miler the following weekend!

Chili-good luck tomorrow.

Franny-I hope the race went well.

AF-hope you had a good time.

Everyone else-hope you are fit and well.

• Options

well done lainey

I did 8 miles run/walk (more walk than run but doesn't matter) and a swim this evening

chili - hope you have been ok today

franny - how was the race? 

• Options
    NandyNandy ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend? Been a good training weekend for me, Saturday morning I got out on the bike and did 36miles with plenty of climbing involved. Got lost and ended up going over Waddington fell!! Probably means nothing to you guys but it was TOUGH!!image Sunday morning I was out with a friend and we drove to another fell (Beacon Fell). There is a road that goes round the perimeter, so we ran a couple laps of that, again its up and down and pretty tough. My knee felt great during both workouts which I am over the moon about!!

Chili - Great news on the walk! Hope everything goes ok at work today, take it easy!!

AF - Hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations. Well done on the 14.5 miler! Correct, I have a 20 miler on the 16th March image. Just going to do what I can training wise.

MC - well done on the 8miles and swimming!!

Franny - How did the trail race go???? I hope Loula was there cheering for you!!

Lainey - well done on the 16 miler, excellent going! its nearly 10 years since I've run that distance, closest I've done is 14 miles, last year!

Jude - Hope you're well!

Enjoy your days!image

• Options

Morning,

I had a good night out on Friday with my running club. Really nice curry and felt quite honored going out for a meal with 10 ladies and just 2 other guys!!! 

Lainey-Well done on your longest ever run. You must be really proud of yourself.Can't remember are you training for anything specific.

Nandy-Well done on your active weekend and fingers crossed for your knee!! Your 20 mile race is the same day as mine.

Franny-How was the race?

Did 10.2 miles yesterday ontop of 14.5 on Friday. Still short of the marathon distance,but, have plans for longer runs over the next month. Don't feel I need to build up the miles as I know I can do the distance.

• Options

HI Guys

Sound like everyone has been training well with lots of  long mileage being recorded. Well done everyone.

Nandy pleased the knee is better. Must be such a relief for you.

Chilli I echo MC thoughts. Please take it easy and don't push yourself to quickly.

My Trail race went well.It was knee deep in mud at parts and the weather was extremely horrible..horizontal rain and very windy.Very challenging conditions indeed.Ha ha. I also slipped so was covered in mud down my left hand side...hehee. Amazed I only slipped the once. One poor guy fell face forward into the loch...he was charging by fast and slipped going part one of the single track bits and kinda just fell right in.....oops he was alright and just got back up and carried on as you do...lol

The only downside of the race was that the distance was wrong..We only ran 13k instead of 15k due to a missing sign at one part of the course...The organizers think this had been removed by someone who has a grievance with the club..shocking really and we all felt a bit cheated at not having run the full 15k. My time for the race was 1.15.53 so not too bad and if I had done the 15k would probably had made it under the 1.30hrs.

Next race for me Sunday 10 mile road race...so wont be any mud at that...ha ha

• Options

Franny-Well done shame some idiot had to spoil it fro everyone. Another race on Sunday...impressive stuff young lady....... i

• Options

Nandy - sounds a great weekend. Well done on all the fell cycling!

AF - Ooooh! I think we need to have a party! imageimage Franny, Loula can you think up some fun ways to celebrate AF's birthday?

Franny - well done on your really tough race. Such a shame that some idiot had to ruin it.

Lainey - well done on your longest ever run image

MC - have been thinking about you lots today knowing you wouldn't be looking forward to returning to work. Hope you manage all you hoped to do today. Big Hugs.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. I continue to mend slowly. Managed to 'work' yesterday. And walked the 'school run' today. Am hoping to be run/walking by the end of the week.

• Options

nandy - well done on your training. i think 'fell' means 'hard uphill and muddy' doesn't it??

franny - that sounds like horrible conditions. The guy that fell into the loch sounds almost like a comedy moment, hope he got warm enough to laugh about it afterwards

AF - great training from you, hard to believe it wasn't that long ago that you did your first marathon

chili - good to hear you are on the mend, hope your girls are rallying around to look after you

first day back wasn't too bad, and I have an interview on Friday afternoon so fingers crossed!

• Options

It is a tad quiet on here at the moment.....................

MC-Good luck in your interview on friday.

Chilli-Take it easy.

7.2 miles this morning and bootcamp. Sadly I will never run again whilst being in the 40's!!

• Options

^^Just think of the improved age grading AF!

• Options

OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo Happy Big Birthday when it comes AF...........

• Options

Happy Birthday AF! Hope you have a great day today! xxxx

• Options

AF - happy birthday, hope you have a good day with lots of pressies!!

Well done to everyone on your training and races you all seem to be doing so much - I must book myself in to some more races!!

Chilli - glad to hear you are recovering

Maths - good luck at your interview

• Options

Happy Birthday AF! image Hope you have a great day.

Well the sun is shining and I woke up without pain today. The Doc said it would be two weeks and he was right. So I put my trainers on and had a nice talk to my legs in the hope that they might work properly. It was a very slow shuffly kind of jog and I only managed twoish miles but it was very nice to be wearing my running clothes again. image

• Options

image HAPPY BIG 50th BOSS..image Hope you are having a great day and got out a run too................

Chilli.....pleased you were feeling well enough to get out and jog 2 miles but take it easy young lady please.

No running from me today. Did do intervals yesterday though and will do a quickish run tomorrow.

• Options
    NandyNandy ✭✭✭

Happy Birthday AF!! Many happy returns!imageimage

• Options
    NandyNandy ✭✭✭

MC - yeah generally tough, muddy and uphill. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) these were just tough and uphill!

Saying that, the downhill section on my bike was good, managed to hit 44mph!!image I've had two rest day, out running tonight. Think I may even start cycling to work now its brighter mornings/evenings.

Franny - well done on the trail race!! Sounds TOUGH!! Shame about some numpty changing the sign but still very well done!

Chili - Great to hear you are up and about! Two weeks doesn't sound long enough for anything serious to have healed properly though so take care!!

Jo - Good to hear from you, hope you are well? Did you have a poorly calf muscle?

AF - Im treating my 20miler as a warm up to the marathon. Probably try for 8.30-9m/m. Have you got any particular time in mind?

I'll try posting a picture from my bike ride Saturday.