Options

Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Options

Hi Everyone, lovely to hear all the news.

Lainey - well done on your half! Great going. image

Louise - no running and no cake! Aagghhh image

Spartak - so lovely to hear you are getting on so well. Hope your half goes really well. Since the Kielder marathon I have done another 4 marathons and one 30 miler last October. But I wasn't well over the winter and had an operation a few weeks ago. So I feel like I am now starting from the beginning again. All the best for your race this weekend.

Jude - great 5k time! image And all the best for your swimming competition.

MC and Franny, you are so regular with your training, wish I was as disciplined.

AF - so how did your 18 miler go?

I attempted another 5k this morning. Sunshine was soooo lovely.

• Options

Morning

Chilli Pleased to hear you are on the mend and got out for a 5k run yesterday. Small steps and you will soon be back stronger than ever.

Managed 8.8 mile this morning image 

Spartak The very best of luck for Sunday at the Inverness Half. Hope the weather is kind to you image Am so jealous of you doing the Highland Fling Relay. My running club tried to enter 2 relay teams but we didn't get in image It is a very popular event now.

Have a good day everyone

• Options

Oh and one of my events this year has been cancelled The Edinburgh Rock and Roll Half...so gutted as I loved this race the past twice I have done it. Feel sorry for the people who have paid for flights and accommodation as even though we get a refund on the race I am sure folk will be out of pocket for flights and accommodation booked.

They had better not cancel the Lisbon one in October or I will be really really angry imageimage

• Options

Oh Franny, that is not nice! I would be very upset about the cancelled race. I remember how much you enjoyed it. Why have they cancelled it? (Cos I'm nosy and like to know!)

Have some caraway seed cake if anyone wants to join me for lunch.

• Options

oh Franny, sorry to hear that.

Lovely run with a friend this morning. Great weather and a nice coffee afterwards.

Just wondering, does anyone have a cold/ice bath post long run?  Haven't tried it, but think it may help, just slightly nervous.

• Options

Chilli..........Rock and Roll say its because of lack of local support and from the council imageimage probably means not enough entrants and that maybe Edinburgh Council were asking for more money for road closures etc than they were prepared to pay. They should never had advertised the event if they hadn't had it all secured. Its the folk that who were coming to visit here and run the race that I feel sorry for. At least I will get my money back but will make me really think before entering any other R&R events.. Money grabbing torags. imageimage On the up side though it means we can go our Chico holiday a day early Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. We are going to go to  a wee cottage up in the North of Scotland Not far from Wick in a place called Keiss.Its near the beach and harbour and has lots of lovely cliff walks. Of course I will take my running stuff too image

Lainey well done on your run today with your friend. Nice to have company.Not tried the ice bath thingy as it would be toooooooooooooo cold for me.

Chilli....your cake sounds delish image I have made a chocolate cake image

• Options

Gosh very busy over the last day or so.

Spartak-Hope the 1/2 goes well and let us know how you do.

Franny-Why has the Edinburgh 1/2 been cancelled? The New Forest Marathon that I so enjoyed last year has been cancelled. Think due to the costs of road closures etc. I hope it isn't the way things are going?

Chilli-Good to here that you are recovering well. Take it easy young lady.

Lainey- I tried the cold/ice bath thing once-- never again!!!! Well done on your run.

Jude-Well done on your time and all the best for the swim.

Louise-Good to here from you.Hope you recover soon.

18.1 miles in 2.44 this morning lovely run in the sun with a couple of ladies from my club. Will see if I can do 6-8 tomorrow as well.

• Options

AF Wow well done on your 18.1 miles and very speedy too. image  Think we must have crossed posts LOL See my explanation above BOSS looks like the same reason as the New Forest. Its not the Edinburgh Half in May AF but the Rock and Roll which was scheduled for June this year.

• Options

AF - well done on your speedy long run

franny - what a shame about your race, I had heard that it had been cancelled - on another thread I think. 

Lainey - I have no intention of trying the ice bath thing!

well, seem to have come down with sore throat/headache so no running and no swimming for me today. Won't do anything tomorrow either (apart from work). What a pain, I have Retford Half mara on Sunday so just hoping it is short-lived

• Options

Hi all!

Spartak - Good luck for the Inverness Half!

Franny - What a shame about the Rock and Roll Half.  I remember how much you enjoyed it last year.

Chili - Any cake left - sounds nice. Well done on your 5K.

Lainey - Glad you enjoyed your run in the sunshine.  Never tried an ice bath but heard it's beneficial.

AF - well done on your fast 18 miler.

MC - how are you today?

I went swimming yesterday and the trainer took our times for the three races: 25m Freestyle, 50 m Freestyle and 25m backstroke. There are 3 swimming pools in the area and it is the overall winner of all three pools who wins the 6 month free swimming prize.   Well I felt really pleased that I was the winner for all three races at my pool.  Anyway, when I got home this evening I had a phonecall from one of the other pools and it seems my times for all three races are the winning times across all three pools.  There is a ceremony tomorrow but I may not be able to go as it is during school time and I might not be able to get my lessons swapped. But I won!! Yippee.  Best news is that it is free swimming for all the family for 6 months!!imageimage 

I'm very pleased especially as I don't think I have ever won a race in my life....

• Options

MC - Oh no! Hope you feel better in time to run.  What a nuisance!

• Options

wow, Jude, well done!!image

• Options

WHOOO HOOO! Yippee! Congratulations Jude. That is amazing news imageimage Sounds like you could be a medal winning swimmer along with your children.

• Options

Fabulous news Jude, well done!

• Options

Hey Jude that is great.

• Options

WOOP WOOP WELL DONE OUR JUDE that is fantastic..........now we know where the kids get there talent from imageimage I seem to remember you were on the podium for a running race 2 years ago too image What a fantastic prize for all the family...Great stuff.

MC I really hope you feel better for your race on Sunday...just rest up and hopefully you will be fine.

Well I am contemplating a wee run in the hills with Chico but weather not too great so swithering whether to go or not imageimage 

Have a good day everyone

• Options

Well we went for our run in the hills and had sunshine,hail and very very strong winds which at some points we were barely moving. We did 8.7 miles but walked up the very steep muddy hills.image Tired doggy and tired Franny image but we are HAPPYEEEEEEEEEEE image

• Options

sounds like fun for you and chico franny image

not getting any worse, well my throat felt awful this morning but tonight not too bad

I'll see what my resting hr is in the morning - even if it is ok probably best to do nothing tomorrow and then see how I am on Sunday

• Options
    Wow Jude - that's brilliant. Congratulations! Great prize too.
  • Options

Great prize Jude, well done.

Hope you feel better for your run Maths

Franny sounds like you and Chico had fun

I haven't been out for a few days, had 2 concerts to go to meaning I had late nights and just felt too tiredimage

• Options

hi

feeling better now so definitely running tomorrow. Looks like I will need shorts and t-shirt and maybe I should put suncream on tooimage

• Options

Good luck tomorrow MC! Enjoy! Sounds like great weather you are having for a change.

Hi everybody else! Thanks for the congrats!

Went to the fitness room today and did 15Km on the tready which was a bit like training in how to combat extreme boredom! (But it's better than no run at all.) Hubby had the car so couldn't drive anywhere nice for a run and I still find running around the village too problematic.....Daughter didn't go swimming training as she has been a bit under par.  She had a blood test yesterday just to be on the safe side.  Probably just over doing it a bit.

Kids are watching Pirates of the Caribbean 3 again. Gosh what a terrible film!

Hope you are all having a good weekend!

• Options

Evening!

Franny - sounds like a lovely run despite the weather!

It's has been beautiful down here in the south. Yes, Jude, we have not really had a proper winter and Spring has already started.

Hi Jo

Good to hear you a re feeling better MC

I did park run this morning with my family and it was lovely to be back with everyone after 3 weeks off.

Just home from having dinner at a friends house. They are Indian and I ate far too much of the lovely curries and other dishes. Feel a bit full!

• Options

Morning

Up early as at work in 15 mins image

Mathschick The very best of luck today at your Half.

Spartak Good luck to you too

And will look forward to hearing how you get on.

Mmmmmmmmm Chilli....lovely curry night image Well done on getting to parkrun.

Jude Tready;s are so boring yes but a necessity if it means getting a run in.

Jo Hope you get out for a run soon.

Right I had better get a move on............................byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Options

hi everyone today was a bit hotter than expected so I suffered a bit but finished the Retford half , very tough because the temperature was 19 degrees - not exactly what I have been training in! Anyway, stuck to run/walk and that only got interrupted at water stations when I stopped to fill up my bottle, and ran the last few hundred metres without stopping to walk. I did the first 5 miles in 1 hour which I was really pleased with, but I did slow down a bit after that, mainly due to the heat I think. I did overtake a fair few people, which is a first for me image finished in 2:46 so just over 12:36 mins per mile - I am happy with that. Don't think I could have done double the distance though

going to try to have a snooze before OH gets back from the inlaws with the kids

• Options

Well done MC! You did great!image Gosh that's a hot day for March. Hope you get a rest before the family get back. 

• Options

Blimey what blimmin hot conditions for this time of year VERY WELL DONE you. Bet your pleased image

• Options

thanks guys, really pleased but I am a bit exhausted now! Not going to swimming tonight, early night and maybe an easy spin on the turbo to loosen up in the morning

• Options

Fantastic MC! image Congratulations. 

Hope Spartak comes back and posts his race report too.

The weather really is wonderful isn't it. This afternoon I did my first proper bike ride since Christmas day with my gorgeous No 2 daughter. Was lovely but I am sooooo unfit. Fortunately she doesn't mind going slow because I truthfully couldn't have peddled any faster!

I am now uncertain what to focus on. My daughter really wants to do a London-to-Cambridge bike trip with me in the summer. I am really, really thrilled and want to do it too. However, I don't have time to do two 'long' training sessions a week. So if I do the cycle training with her I can't also train for summer marathon. 

• Options

chili - why not aim for an autumn marathon so you can do the bike ride in the summer with your daughter?