Options

Milton Keynes 2014

Comments

• Options

I trust there are alternate sites? 

• Options
    Yes there is an industrial site opposite stadium where you can park. They always direct cars here on match days. Sure there will be marshals out on day
  • Options

Gary I will be aiming to run even splits at around 10.10-10.15 minute miles.  I think that works better for most people, negative splits being quite hard to achieve.

Bookie, hope the chest gets better, I'm always happy for company and love to chat.

Christine, it's a privilege to be able to give something back when so many people volunteer and make running events possible for us.  I think the intention is for the times to be written on the balloons and we were all introduced to the crowd before the start.  I hope I will stand out anyway, being the only female pacer this year!

Go into the event with an A, B and C goal.  Your A goal being what you hope to run if you don't get a last minute cold/minor injury/have a bad day/have to deal with appalling weather on the course etc, your C goal should always be to finish without injury and your B goal should be somewhere in between.

• Options

Aww that is great information. Thanks Rosemary. No you are all really amazing. Soo motivational and you all really spur everyone on. 

Good tips on the A, B and C goal too. 

See you on the 5th!

• Options

Hope you had a good holiday Stephen- hope the legs aren't too bad after the flight.

Not are what time I will be getting there yet, probably around 9 I suspect

• Options
    neil tneil t ✭✭✭

I'm aiming for 9 too, Scott but I've gone for the booktrunk £6-right-by-the-front-door parking.

I'm getting really tempted to utterly lash a parkrun tomorrow, on the basis that I've then got 9 days to rest my legs completely...

• Options

Ah I am getting a lift from my parents so planning just to get dropped off fairly near to the stadium.

Neil- yeah I hammered a parkrun last weekend, wouldn't be so keen on doing it this weekend but guess you can just take the week after ultra easy

• Options

That is actually a very good idea Neil re parking by the front door! 

• Options

Web site updated. Industrial parking for me!!! Going to get there  for about 8 as im not sure how far away from changing/baggage area it is. Hopefully it willbwell signposted. Looking forward to stretchingmy legs this Sunday going for a longish run withmiddle at MP just to remind legs what itfeels like. Next week is all about short easy runs some very veryshort bursts and carbo loading with Fats from Thursday. I also drinkmore water in last 4 days before a race.

Its getting close!!!!

• Options

Hope you had a good holiday Stephen- hope the legs aren't too bad after the flight.

Not are what time I will be getting there yet, probably around 9 I suspect

• Options

This is the official response from MK DONS stadium box office re parking at the front as I just emailed to ask! Hope that helps everyone!

Parking on the day of the Marathon is subject to availability and there is no prior arrangement to book or purchase any parking.

Please note there is generally more parking to the side and behind the Stadium as the front is predominately for Hotel residence.

As with all large events, it is advisable to arrive as early as you are able to.

• Options

Hi Christine, I thought parking at syadium was VIP only and had sold out! I presume if we head to stadium there will be marshalls to help us

• Options

Ah I am getting a lift from my parents so planning just to get dropped off fairly near to the stadium.

Neil- yeah I hammered a parkrun last weekend, wouldn't be so keen on doing it this weekend but guess you can just take the week after ultra easy

• Options

Hi Stephen, Yes official vip parking has sold out....I was being ever the optimist as there is parking at the front of the stadium and i wondered if this was separate to the area where the VIP bit is....wasn't really clear from stadium response but yes there are always marshalls out directing traffic - so it will be fine on the day! Parking is the least of my worries!!!

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Slowly getting over my chest infection. Hoping I might get a 5k run or two in but might have no runs in the last two weeks, we shall see image 

• Options
    I went flying on a Tube platform last night running for a train and slammed into the bottom of the doorway.

Have a bruised hip and a big gash on my knee to add to my roster of complications now.

I know nobody said it'd be easy, but, you know...
  • Options

Ouch sounds painful Ivor- hope a few days rest does you well and you feel alright.

Booktrunk: glad to hear the chest infection is slowly going and you can get a few runs in

• Options

Right...so that's the last long (ish) run done. Nothing over 4 miles all this week coming.  

I'm getting excited now. (isn't that a strange thing to say, when I know it's going to be blinking hard work and at some point I'll wish it was all over! Yet I keep coming back for more)

Sounds like a few of you are going through a rocky few weeks. I hope all your cuts, bruises and chest infections sortt themselves out.  It can be so frustrating to put in all that hard work for-something out of your control to throw a spanner in the works.

I'm now starting to watch the weather. Hoping for a cool sunny day with a slight breeze.

• Options

BBC weather is looking good image cloudy but highs of 8-18, fingers crossed!

Hope the last longish run went well Alastair, its funny how when training for a marathon runs of up to half marathon distance are now only considered 'medium runs'

• Options

Well done Alistair looks like u r in good place. Ivor hope u r ok, that will teach u running on platform! Take it easy next few days.

Booktrunk, u will b fine in fact u will feel amazing after not being well.

Hope eveyone else is ok and putting final touches to training.

I completed last long run today 11miles at 9min pace. Sluggish start but good finish. Had to run on my own as friends have complted their marathons London/Brighton and r now winding down.

3/4 more very short runs for me at good pace, might go for a couple of cycle rides as well depending on weather. Strange week, as u still want to train but know u need to keep fresh for the big day. Have good rest of weekend.

• Options
    neil tneil t ✭✭✭

Well done to everyone who got out this weekend and good luck for recovery to all those who couldn't/didn't get out!

I did twelve miles "steady" yesterday. Unfortunately I picked a hilly, offroad route which I couldn't properly open up on. Got it done but a few minutes down on schedule and I'm aching a bit more today than I normally would after 12 miles. However just a couple of 2-4 mile runs this week so it's proper recovery time now!

Will be intrigued to see the weather forecast as the week progresses. At the moment it seems to suggest slightly muggy cloud but we're a week out so that's certain to change.

Happy tapering image

• Options

The accuweather app on my phone is suggesting cloud max 11 degs for Sunday.  

One week to go!! I'm getting really nervous now, had butterflies yesterday when they posted pics of last years race on Facebook.

10 mile steady run for me today, looking forward to seeing how it feels on semi tapered legs. Then I only have 2 x 4miles and a 3 miles left for the week! Need to make sure I do plenty of foam rolling this week too as I've completely forgotten to book a sports massage image

• Options

Good weekend of running guys, a day of rest today but 2 recovery runs and 2 more runs to get some speed into the legs left for me.

Weather looks okay for Monday just a bit cloudy but that is fine with me.

This time next week will be an hour into it already, ahhhhh!

• Options

What is everyones plans for carb loading this week? I need to work out a shopping list for later. 

It'll be wheat free pasta and bagels for me.... Possibly it's a bad idea to introduce these at this late stage to replace the normal stuff but I guess I'd probably be looking at tummy issues on the day anyway, so.....

Not sure if I could cope with living on rice and potatoes alone lol.

• Options

I will probably swap some of my usual lunch's for pasta on say friday/saturday and try and have a high carb loaded dinner one of those night's as well, as I read somewhere you should carb load a few days before rather than on the day before so it gives a chance to the body to use the extra carbs.

Not going to go overboard though

• Options

I probably only need to make a few tweaks thinking about it, looking at my normal diet it's always a porridge breakfast and rice, pasta, or potatoes for dinner anyway. 

I'm thinking of making the family a Sunday roast on the Sunday, but I get an extra helping of potatoes image. Just need to make sure they're boiled not the roast variety lol. 

• Options

Yeah I am hoping I will be having a Sunday roast at home, as back from Uni for the weekend for the run, sure there will be a nice dessert tooimage

• Options

Takeaway pizza for me on Sunday night....always run better the next day!

• Options

Homemade pizza for me the night before with porridge for breakfast on the morning and Saturday/Sunday.

• Options
    neil tneil t ✭✭✭

Porridge on Saturday, Sunday and Monday mornings.

Risotto on Saturday night, Spag Bol on Sunday night (tradition).

Hopefully most of us will be done this time next week!