Comments

• Options
    Hiya gang. Only 364 days to wait image
  • Options
    Is it likely to be the 31st next year?
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

I hope so, FR, as I have booked my accommodation for thenimage. It is always the last Saturday in October- which is (appropriately) Halloween next year. Woooooooohhhhhhhooooo????

• Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭
    Well my race pics are normally scary enough for Halloween. And it would give me an extra week after Night Trail image
  • Options

Yippee - we're off and running already for next year...

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

No lists yet.  I'm too exhausted writing all the other ones.

And there seems to be a very scary list forming for 2016?!

Of course, this thread never ends.  Let's get the craic going.  I really must go sub-4 again next year.  I have done three 3:59s in the past: 2007 3:59:26; 2008 3:59:04 (course best); and 2009 3:59:20. Can I hope for 3:58 I wonder?

• Options

Of course you can T Rex. Good to see you at the start holding your list! Sorry you got injured. Great race as always. Seemed a lot busier  than I remember But that was in 2010. Well done all image

• Options

Thanks for the heads up about the thread being open Jason d......after two years of watching the race from my living room, i'm full of determination that 2015 will be my comeback year!!!  I first did Snod in 2010, then got 16 mins slower in 2011 and then another 21 mins slower in 2012.  My plan would be to come back strong and do it faster than 2010.....sounds easy on paper / screen ....

• Options

If it is the 31st that works so better logistical for me, as it will be the second weekend of half term and not the first, so can get to North Wales the day before if not earlier RESULT image

And I've posted two 3:58's at Snowdon and would like a third sub-4 image

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Valley Runner - yes, 1000 extra runners compared to those days.  You saw me?  Did I see you? image

Fenland - we'd better go for 3:57 then?

• Options
    That would be amazing TRex.
  • Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

If they go with the weekend the clocks change it would be 24th next year ??????

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Just checked and Chrissi is right -

NEXT YEAR'S RACE IS THE 24th!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

That's a bit of a nightmare for me....Freya's birthday on 23rd!!

• Options

dear o dear do I or don't I

• Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Hi folks, Haven't done my report for this year yet. Should I be posting on next years? image

Yippee, less than a year to go......  

And if I keep saying it long enough I'll have to do it. 

Sub 3:30

And, roll on 2016 imageimage

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Report on 2014 thread.

Targets on this one.

And for the 2016 52.4 I think we'd better start off a new, separate 'The SNOD ultra runnig thread'.  Don't you just love Fellrunner's spellings? Remember we have him to thank for coming up with the term 'SNOD' when he inadvertently started a thread for the 'Snododonia' marathon ...

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

????Where is FR these days?

Andrea- trip to Llanberis is an ideal 8th birthday presentimage

• Options

I'm tempted by this image

Started running in March this year (could barely run a mile in 10 minutes), and am starting half marathons at the mo'.  First full will be Manchester, so would like to pepper 2015 with a number of 26.2s image

Any other recommendations? (Loch Ness is a no as doing Edinburgh Half that weekend).

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

'Peppering' a year with marathons. Great expression, RunnerDan.  And a worrying start.  Two folks on the 2014 thread have done 83 marathons this year already between them.

FR disappeared about 18 months ago - hope he's OK.  He was an inspiration to me, although we had a few forum arguments!  If you're there, FR, I no longer moan about blisters, nor consider Cavedale a particularly strenuous or technical climb!

Talking about technical climbs I went on one at the weekend.  Hop over to the other thread.  I'll try not to be too long or boring with the tale.

• Options

Do we know for def that SNOD is on 24th in 2015? Shame as I wanted to try Beachy, then SNOD... Anyway, stick me down for 3:35 for my 4th SNOD... 3:48 this year on a 3:45 estimate. Nice to meet Fenland Runner who bagged Mrs Lemmy's SNOD number... She's determined to do it next year after 2 years out so... We're both gonna train SMART and progressive and consistent... Just going to show off about this years race on the 2014 thread...

• Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

RunnerDan - welcome think your going to fit in well here image

Lemmy - JD's had date confirmed

My target for 2015 is to make the start line then i'll take it from there

• Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

RunnerDan, I'll be at Manchester with Mrs C. Though not the foggiest what time she'll do at the moment, her first. Be careful, peppering your year with mara's turns them into long training runs for ultra's, there's people on here that will lead you astray with a big smile on your face.....  image

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Lemmy- date confirmed with race organiser. Apparently- and for future reference- it is always the weekend the clocks go back- not necessarily the last weekend in October

• Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Right, finally got around to posting my race report so can post here without feeling a naughty boy. 

Went out for my first post SNOD run today, just a little bimble up a local hill, not in anyone else's league (mentioning no names, Brer). 4miles and 400' ascent. Should have gone out with the club tonight but Mrs C didn't get home with the car until a short while ago. I'll pop out later for another 4 up the same hill.

Next targeted race is Clowne Half, my second demon to slay, others are the SYXC on 16th November, plus other short local events on the hills. The winter beckons with some interesting looking races that I wanted to do last season, but couldn't.

• Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Meant to say, I was intrigued as to what time was done for the 501st person to cross the line in the years listed on TDL (2008 on) following on from an earlier comment

In 2008 it was 4:10 and has got quicker every year since to me this year at 3:56. Is the field getting faster in general then? To compare the two years turn the position into a percentage, as below which shows that no, the field in general hasn't got quicker in comparison. A greater percentage of the field finished faster than 3:56 in 2008, than did in 2014.

3:56 would have got me 353rd approx in 2008, 1133 finishers so 31.1% of the way down the field.

There were 1710 finishers this year, which means I was 29.8% of the way down the field. 

USD, told you I was a bit of a stats geek....image 

• Options

I love stats Chimney especially when they make you appear faster!! image

Ok so two things to sort on this particular post - firstly my prediction for T Rex. Ok so I don't believe I'm saying this but next year I might actually do some proper marathon training and hence will target a faster time. That much makes sense... more training = go faster. right got that bit. but how much faster? Well my marathon pb is 2:59 (london13) but I didn't run it in my name (in case you go looking!). I know I was a very naughty boy. but anyway back to more important matters I need to run a sub 3 in my name and where better than SNOD! So that's the plan. Train my ass off, turn up knackered and overtrained, and probably injured and limp around in my slowest ever SNODimage  Put me down for 2:58 please Mr Rex.

To run that time I will need an extremely comfortable bed to sleep in the night before, and would probably avoid the 1 mile hike down the slate mine (although the cottage was lovely and comes highly recommended!). But I have a better plan and we have to move quick to secure it.

This brings me onto my second part of the post - Who would like to stay in the SNOD Forumites Villa!! aka Halford Hill!! its right on the High Street. See details here - http://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottage/North-Wales-Snowdonia-Llanberis/Halford-Hill-884.html. Its £1,227 for the 3 nights BUT it sleeps 16!! so its actually amazing value. myself and others (T Rex and BritNick) have stayed there before and it has everything you need inc a sauna!

Let me know if you want in!! I need to book this week to secure I reckon. It's free at the moment. Friends and family members of course welcome!!

• Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Most definitely YES, YES, YES, count me in.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Count me in, Stu x1  

That's £25.56 per night (or £38.34 for two nights).  Got to go for that.

• Options

I wondered how long it would take for the 2015 thread to start!! Needless to say, assuming my body permits I'll be on the start line on 24.10.15. It will be my 9th consecutive one and having finished 9th overall on Saturday I wonder if I should ask nicely to see if I can have race no.9!

In the meantime I look forward to reading the comments on this thread over the next 11+ months - hopefully it will be injury/niggle free for all concerned