Options

RW F7 – Searching for 3:09

Comments

• Options
    5 miles today at New mp and knee was grumbling! But I never had ibogel on. Amazing that stuff will cover anything. No more running now. just looking forward to the event now and nerves kicking in image it'll be fine.... Thanks for all the comments from everyone. Get through Sunday I'm due everyone a few drinks! I'll get a report to you afterwards. image
  • Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Goodluck Rich, take it easy at the start and you will smash it image

• Options
    Marathon done n dusted. Best marathon I've done! Negative split! Get in there! I'd love to thank everyone for their support through the harder times of this campagne. I heard Dave's comment in my ear all the way round "Don't be shit!" It worked thanks! I'll have a more detailed report later. But

3:26:03........ Boom. 3rd best time ever and I've done 27! image
  • Options

I was tracking that, Rich.  Looks like you were getting quicker all the way round - at halfway I you were outside 3:30 pace.  You must have enjoyed that, and you got a very good race out of a very difficult build up.  Well done, enjoy a beer or several!

• Options
    I was bang on at half way it was just that I never started till 1:44 was on the clock. Paced it spot on and still felt good at the finish! Twas great. Many thanks Dave I'm due you one.

Yeah it was a hard build up. But I have found a formulae out of it that works for me! Great

I was not shit running the last 10k in 47. Magic. Many thanks.
  • Options
    Hope KR destroyed the course!
  • Options
    KR- well done , 3:03! Brilliant time! Great run!
  • Options
    sensesense ✭✭✭

Rich - fantastic, sounds like you nailed race day given your level of prep.  and in terms of the "search for 3.09", I reckon you're in great shape for the autumn with a bit more luck and a considered gradual build-up... well done.  enjoy a few drinks

• Options
    Thanks sense, your right, makes my autumn one a makable target. Just have to run a little faster each mile image and have a better build up.
  • Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Great result Rich, just what you were looking for image

• Options
    Well done Rich, so glad you made it to the start line AND got a sub 3.30 result. I know it has been tough but you stuck at it. Hope this sets you up well for an autumn marathon.

Got a PB today and was hoping to go sub 3, but got some calf cramp twinges from 16 miles and had to ease off the pace to make sure I made it in 1 piece.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭

well done Rich, you salvaged the campaign. Hopefully you can crack on from here now.

• Options
    KR- well done, it's not good when the twitches start. Great effort from you though. Next time you'll get it.

Leslie- thanks mate. Yeah very happy that I got through it in one peice. You next!

TR- thanks for your great tips through the past few months. Hope you get what you want out of London this week.
  • Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Yeah me next Rich... starting to feel nervous now image 22 miles done today though image

• Options
    Great stuff Leslie. I think I'm going to miss out the 20ish length of run for a few weeks the n start up again. You'll have it in the bag! Just nice and steady and build it up. You'll be looking for 3:15 ish I take it? image
  • Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Somewhere around 3:15 Rich for me ,trying to see over the next few weeks what mara pace could be image 5 very slow ones this morn,legs whacked today still feeling that 22.image

• Options

Ha Ha, the joys of the long run! I found it quite difficult to find a marathon pace when my training was up and down so much. A bit like yourself. I also think if I had ran slightly quicker in my race earlier on then I would have paid dear! You'll just have to find a pace you can sustain comfortably for at least 20 then cling on for dear life the last few miles. 

Will you be watching tomorrow? Who else is running tomorrow that we know? I know TR is running not sure if Dave is running? Would be great to track them! 

I'm planning on a run this afternoon. looking for a longish one to shake off the marathon cobwebs!

• Options

Yes, I'm running. 809 if you want to track, but I'm not sure how it's going to go.  Still, maybe it's better to start with a sense of realism rather than overoptimism.  

• Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

I'm running a half tomorrow so will miss itimage will catch the highlights though image

• Options

Well good luck in the half! Hope you get under the 90! apparently that is the sign that your on for a 3:15 marathon. As Dave would say "Don't be shit" image

I'm having a rest week! decided to give the legs another days rest and will go out tomorrow after the race and give em a stretch out. 

• Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

1:27:25 by my watch Rich so well pleased with thatimage , that 22 miler earlier in the week certainly didn't help nor the 50 miler week so room for improvement after the mara image

• Options
    Nice one Leslie! Your flying and looking for a great time in the marathon!

I'm on a detox tomorrow till Friday then a few weeks hard cross training for this tri! Then go for it! There is a fella at work that wants to destroy me! Not good as he's done loads and this will be my first one!
  • Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

If you beat him he will never live it downimage , you have nothing to lose being your first , always competitive at work isn't it ,Pushes you on though like a dog with a bone image

18 battered leg miles cranked out this morn , wasn't pretty but glad its bagged image

• Options

What tri are you doing Rich?

• Options

Peterhead. But it's a very low key race! not a lot of participants (thank goodness) Not been swimming at all in months and not had my bike out this year! so will just enjoy my first tri and get a time on the board to beat next year!

3.67miles tonight at 6:30m/m average. speed getting better. image

Leslie- ha ha I know what you mean! he's so competitive and I don't even swim or bike! He has a TT racing bike that weighs what one of my tyres does and he's done loads of triathlons! If I finish before him then there is something definitely up! but one thing I do have on him is about 2 mins a mile on a run! image

• Options

Good speed there Rich - it's coming back! Good luck with the triathlon. I'd be no good at that as i can just about do 2 lengths of the pool!

• Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Its not about the bike Rich , its about the engine on the bike image 6:30 milling nowt wrong there image

• Options

2 minutes a mile is a fair margin.  Don't forget to keep reminding him of that, so he kills himself on the bike trying to get a big enough gap.  Then you'll have him.

I might have to look at a few tris over the summer, now that the marathon is done.  Maybe a late season middle distance to finish off, they're usually good fun.

• Options
    Thanks lads, I'm gonna go for a trial swim tomorrow and just try the 750m in one go. Will do a few warm ups first.

Dave- what was your time for the marathon? Mr.Intrigued

I have a wedding tomorrow so I'll be having a few rest days! image will try a longer run 8ish with some faster miles thrown in on Sunday.

Hope you all have a fab weekend!