Why: Stage2 BT
    Last hard: 2003
    Last rest: 22 days ago.
    MPW(Sun): 18miles

Enjoy your day.
  • Options
    My I don't have to run day...

what: 5.5 - 6m hard
    why: got to fit it into under an hour and still have time to stretch!

haven't read all of yesterday's posts yet, will catch up later.

have a good day!

I did catch an early train... and the boss was already there...
  • Options
    morning all.

will be resting today after yesterday's Helsby antics. A bit of a worry as my right knee is a little sore this morning. not as bad but it feels a little similar to my knee problems in left knee last year (and that stopped me doing FLM).

Now i'm worrying whether it was sensible to run a 1/2M when my last run of more than 6 miles was mid december.
  • Options
    Morrning All

Haven't posted for a few days as have been in darkest Iran. Had some nice runs along the beach though. Pleanty of strange looks obviously don't see many runners.

What 8 Miles with friends this evening
    Why : Beacuse its Monday!
    Last Hard; Saturday
    Last rest: Yesterday

Have to go to the office now!
  • Options
    I'm resting today after Helsby too - then its onwards and upwards into FLM training (apart from a small matter of the Brass Monkeys halfmarathon this Sunday).

• Options
    Morning all,

What: 9 miles done, 5 at lunchtime and another 9 tonight
    Why: weight loss and aerobic base building
    Last rest: 23 days

Have a good one
  • Options
    Morning

Rest day for me today. Ran well at the weekend - 15 miles on Saturday and 5 mile recovery yesterday.

Have a good day!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Paul-hope the knee is ok!

What:circuits
    why:it's a Monday thing.
    Last hard:Tues
    Last rest:Sat
  • Options
    Morning all

I had a very enjoyable run at the Dartford 10 yesterday. Not a PB - kind of decided just to enjoy the day in the end rather than thrash it and still got back in 1.33 so quite happy with that. Legs feeling fine today which is good.
    What: pilates hurrah!
    why: cross training day
    last hard:yesterday
    last rest: friday

quite a low mileage week this week but going to try and do an early morning run tomorrow - we'll see how that goes!
  • Options
    Morning,
    feeling very rough today after stag weekend. Will try and do a hard 90 mins tonight but knee might stop me, fell over paintballing and hurt it Saturday.
  • Options
    Morning all,

Well, legs aren't at all sore after the race yesterday (I'd have been pretty annoyed if they were given that I was "only" running at marathon pace). Having looked at the numbers again, I'm pretty pleased that my heart rate was at exactly the level for that race that I think my marathon pace heart rate should be. So it looks like my CV fitness is on track, I just need to concentrate on building up the leg strength. So in that vein...

tonight: go to gym, try out my new program of super-slow lifting
    why: day off running, build leg strength
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: Friday

Tuesday night think I'll go off and do a hill session - I was meaning to start doing them every fortnight, and this is a good time to start.

Some great performances yesterday from the training team - anyone know when the last time was that we didn't get a PB on a Sunday? Must have been quite some time ago!

BTW, anyone got any opinions on super-slow lifting and if it's of benefit for runners? I'd be interested to hear.

Have a good week all

v
  • Options
    morning all

what: nothing
    why: race yesterday - would have rested anyway, but now seem to have developed something of a throat infection also. Probably not surprising in the circumstances.

last hard day: Sunday. Pity my HRM chest strap slipped - got lots of subsequent HR misreads. Would have been interesting to see how high the HR went.

last rest day: Sat

Problems even this morning with cramps - almost exclusively under the arches of both feet.

Remarkably though, the 2 bits of me that aren't creaking this morning are my knees. Given that I ran in NB832s (as suggested by SiT), over 13 miles - and there was a significant amount of downhill running - I'm quite amazed. Full marks to NB (and SiT).
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Morning

50mins recovery later.

Why BT Stage 2
    Last Rest 23 days (now into unknown territory)
    Next rest 20 days woo hoo!
    Last weeks mileage 60
  • Options
    Good morning everyone!

What: Rest.
    Why: Seems like a good way to start off serious FLM training regime.
    Last hard day: Saturday's slow 14-miler.
    Last rest: Friday. And most of last week because...well, let's just say that my training has been fun rather than focused for far too long.
  • Options
    morning

no running today after yesterdays race. the good news is that although i'm stiff i'm not at all sore (especially shins which i had been concerned about)

will swim tonight but otherwise rest

last hard: sundays race
    last rest: saturday

well done birdypie!!!!

• Options
    Welcome Vrap, nice to see you here.

What : rest day
    Why : yesterday was tough and this is a light week, oh and I'm er lazy.
    last hard : sun
    last rest : sat
  • Options
    Morning,

what: 1 hour recovery run

Hi Vrap, good to see you here!

Happy running!
  • Options
    Morning all!

What: Pondering the wisdom of combinging yeterday´s missed training session with today´s... Today should be 1 hr turbo trainer and a three mile easy run. Yesterday should have been a seven mile marathon paced run. Still feeling a bit 'icky, might do the three miler and decide after that.
    Last hard: Friday
    Last rest: Sunday

Have a good day, everyone. hope you´re recovering soon, Matt t´Brum. Paintballing is a lethal activity! The only time I did it I shot the MD of our largest client in the leg, and, er, didn´t own up. Oh, the joys of camoflauge (hmm, spelling).

Hi V-Rap!
  • Options
    Morning all.

Calfs a little tired this morning after yestedays Dartford 10, but to be expected!

What: Core stability, stretching and 1000m swim.

Why: Just being cautious!

Last Hard: Yesterday.

Last Rest: Tuesday

Venom Re Lifting: I have been on a weights programme now for 9 weeks and train 3 times a week lifting slow on all body areas.

My last PB came back in July on a 10k course and since starting the weights I took 40 seconds from it on New Years day,
    also I have done no speed work since starting my weights prog, so Im putting some of it down to the weights.

Im now on week 9 but weeks 8,9,and 10 are all 20 reps and 3 sets of each, while the following 5 weeks after that are all 6-8 reps heavy, whole programme last 25 weeks working on different types of resistance.

Im also prepping for triathlons building up upper body strength, but seems to be working well at the moment!
  • Options
    ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    morning to y'all

What - gym work, particularly strengthening hamstrings and abductors. Also ankle exercises from physio.
    Why - still cross-training until ankle strong enough to run on
    Last hard - swim yesterday
    Last rest - Saturday (except for daily ankle stuff)

Hope Monday's going well...
  • Options
    Morning all,

Would take too long to mention everyone by name, so general congratulations to all the racers yesterday, those who ran PBs, all who put big efforts in in training, and those who came up with words of wisdom for the rest of us (BT!)

What: done 17m long run
    Why: needed one
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: 3 days

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Morning and well done all.

What: 5 miles steady
    Why: to test out new bodylink and recover from fall yesterday
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Saturday

Have renewed vigour after looking through old results last night. I will get back there again!
  • Options
    Morning All,

Thanks for all the congrats, still on a bit of a high, they posted the results on the web last night and apparently I finished 9 / 432 (slipped that in for sfhlegs benefit), believe me I'm more suprised than anyone!!

Well many more congrats required for yesterdays outstanding race results....

Venom, great going at the Fred Hughes 10.

Llama Man, sorry to hear about the 'crisis', hope it's nothing too serious.

Zilla, congrats on getting through the Grim, it sounds, well, erm 'grim' ;-) 30 min improvement is stunning.

Wardi, brilliant going at the Woodkirk 10k, great time over a tough course.

BR, don't tell anyone but I think increased mileage is working providing I can stay in one piece!!

Angelis, the Grim and then a 15 miler?!?!?!?! "We're not worthy, we're not worthy" - great stuff.

Dustin, another Grim runner, and another big chunk off your time, brilliant.

Birdypie, sounds like you had a great time at the Dartford 10.

What: 7M easy p.m.
    Why: Loosen up after yesterday
    Last hard run: Yesterday
    Last rest day: Friday

• Options
    Dubai Dave - am jealous. Where in Iran ?!

Park-e-Mellat, N.Tehran, is great for running (and quite a few joggers these days). A bit cold at the moment I guess (below freezing ??). Better still, head for the lower slopes of Shemran (crampons may be required though !)

What : lt wts only today

Why : Gummed up with bugs. Also wasted after a silly weekend. Best part of a day walking in the B.Beacons yesterday (the 'carrot' effect of snow/pollybagging on kids is truly amazing !) followed by a hardish 9m run last night
  • Options
    morning all,

had a few days off, feeling refreshed.

what: done 12 miles, 6 pm
    why: bt, 30 mins light hills
    last hard: last week
    last rest: sunday

• Options
    Morning all,

What: Recovery run

Why: It's on the schedule but I feel good

Still on BT Stage 2..

Well done to all the ragers yesterday and hello to all the forumites I met at the Grim...

Sorry you didn't make it Hilly...I was looking forward to meeting a forum legend...
  • Options
    Oft

Was in Tehran, Busheir & Kish Island. Tehran was COLD!
  • Options
    Morning all. Fantastic stuff at the weekend, everyone.

Today, post-Folksworth, I shall be embarking on an intensive program of passive recovery.

By which I mean I shall be almost exclusively sitting on my arse.

Various bits are aching (though happily all bits that bend seem to be fine), toes not happy (maybe half a size up next time?), slight calf tightness (right) - no way I'd dare attempt a recovery run! Very impressed you're trying one, MM, having finished 180-odd places above me.

Anyway, enjoy yourselves today, everyone.