Options

Monday 19th January 2004

13»

Comments

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    GVL-good on you and hope the recovery is sooner rather than later!

oft-rather an eventful run by the sound of it.

WP-take it easy!!

I didn't go to circuits due to family needing me for other things, so did 40 mins on turbo trainer instead. 10 mins warmup, 20 mins hard, 10 mins cool down.
  • Options
    Snap Hilly!

Just done a session on turbo trainer
    5k easy, 5k hard, 5k easy, 5k hill, 5k easy 5k fast

Been neglecting the mean machine of late due to horrid weather, but if I can do 18 miles in me bedroom, cant grumble!

Will read rest of thread later.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

4.74 miles done tonight
    Will rest tomorrow
    Then Hadd test on thursday (Robert Burns birthday!!!)
  • Options
    Hello everyone- sorry I didn't get back on last night, I had a long afternoon composing a major article for the club newsletter analysing the cross country season so far for all participants, took me a while as we have a lot of new runners doing great things- which is a kick up the A**e for the old has beens like myself Then I went for my evening swim and managed 2,200 metres- don't get any more tired or slow no matter what distance I swim so I think I may just find a niche in the ironman (got Deca-ironman in mind for the future- but keep it under your hat(s)).

I haven't yet read todays training, but have now caught up with yesterdays, some great racing- from Barbara, Marmite, LynneW and Speedie.

sorry you had a bad one (but a pb is not to be sniffed at Mike- geddit?)

Hilly do you think perhaps I could borrow some of your common sense, keep the faith in the master plan, missing a race at this stage is unimportant.

Benz- your mileage is getting up there, sounds like you're well on track for the marathon(s)- all 100 of them.

If it's not bad form I will do a quick race report for Woodkirk here, even though it was yesterday.

A frosty but bright day- ideal conditions as long as the roads had no ice patches.
    Saw Chimp and Mrs w before the race,twice in two weeks- must be a crecord.

Started right near the front for some reason. Set off and as I was using the Garmin could get a good idea of pace and the gadgets accuracy over 10k.
    Felt fine, but my recent lack of form meant I kept my speed in check early on worried about oxygen debt. I was first female thensecond, then first again then finally at the end of the second mile second again. As she was a Holmfirth runner I figured she wouldn't be troubled by Soothill so just got on with my race. Mile 1 as Wardi said is a bit egg boxy, I would describe the course like one of Madonnas conical bra cups with a few ripples of cellulite if we're talking profiles.
    Splits so far (ye gads that Garmins good)1)6:50, 2)6:43 and 3 predominantly down hill- 6:22.
    I was passing a few chaps coming up Soothill- as it is one of my training routes- the race narrowly avoids my house I had no worries here and had the hill divided into little managable pieces.

I was not finding the pace difficult and recorded a slow mile for Soothill mile 4) 6:23, mile5- 7:32, I knew this wasn't my race of a lifetime but I just didn't feel inclined to kill myself- so unlike me mile 6) 6:23 and a finish in 41:42, not the fastest I have run this course, but good enough for second and I felt no ill-effects. Hardly surprising as I never but anything more than fast club run effort- do you think I have lost my competetive edge, if so , so what I enjoyed it.

Sorry that was long, but Wardi was quite correct about the cakes, and I am honing my eating habits and will stick to KFC rather than Chinese the night before a race maybe.
  • Options
    What: 30 minutes of run/jog very easy (10 1/2 minute mile pace)
    Why: testing out calf - it was ok.
    last rest: Saturday
    last hard: Wednesday

NE - hope that's the last your hip bothers you.

Hope all the bugs have cleared up.
  • Options
    Oh yes the Garmin logged the race as 6.23 miles- pretty good.

And today I have done nothing as my elevated heart rate is still with me plus a runny nose.
  • Options
    Well done Monique, it's not obligatory to kill yourself every race. Good for you Graham and welcome back Vrap, back on flm training are you? Oft - sounds stressful.

What: 7 * hill reps @ 59-62 s, walk/jog recoveries. Made max hr on the final one which I take as a sign of working hard enough/being properly recovered for speedwork.
    Why: club night, v. nearly didn't go but as always, glad I did do.
    Last hard: tonight.
    Last rest: Thurs

get well soon those of you off colour.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Monique-another excellent race performace even if below par for you! And I do enjoy your race reports-lol Madonna's bra!

• Options
    Evening all,

What:

Lunchtime - 2k swim (500m warm-up, 1500m in 27:24)

Teatime - 4m steady run @ 7:30 pace

Why: I'm thinking more and more about a tri, once the spring half marathons are out of the way. It would be a shame to have used my wetsuit once (London 2001), and a good excuse to get my bike out on those bright crisp weekend mornings.

Last rest: Xmas day

Last hard: 23 days

7 day cumulative running: 18m

Have a good evening.
  • Options
    what : 103 minutes steady with a club mate. Not sure how far - I've stuck down 13.5 in the training log.
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    I am far too modest to describe a race route in ladie's lingerie parlance, egg box will do for me!

An overdressed and sweaty easy 6 miles for me, my cold feels tons better as a result.

BR..to answer your question from yesterday, I can't do The Dewsbury 10K unfortunately. We have a big late night reunion p**s-up on the Saturday night with some people we met in Peru, and we have guests staying. I do not think I will be in condition to run well no matter how flat the course is!

I am booked into the Brass Monkey, Snake Lane 10, Norton 9, Doncaster half-m, and the East Hull 20. I am dithering over the Ackworth half as this would mean 4 races in 4 weekends. Monique was also trying to tempt me into entering the Liversedge half on 15th Feb. Is this what Mike Gratton meant by 'race sparingly'?

• Options
    lol Wardi.

All of them except Snake (day after National XC - you coming to watch)? and Ackworth.
  • Options
    Does the Donny half fill up or can I leave it late to enter - anyone know?
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Swerve/Patouka - re lost toenails.
    I stepped up a half size for road shoes (Asics for the past 4 years) and a whole size for off road (Saucony)
    Since then I've had minimal blisters and zero lost nails.

No stiffness from the GRIM so did an easy 4miles (29.30) as a recovery.

Grim splits (for those who care)
    7.35/6.20/6.54/5.09/6.29/6.08/7.03/5.02
    so wayward markers and a short course I reckon!
  • Options
    Evening folks, Hope you have all had a good day! Oft, I see that you have had a busy day - lots of exciting things happening - If only my day were the same!
    I had every intention of having a rest day today after my PB at 13KM yesterday (for me a respectable time of 57 mins!), however my training partner had different ideas and being weak-willed I went along with him. Ended up running a 17KM route, although took our time and did it in a steady 1hr 25mins. But now I have a dull ache at the back of my right leg.Hopefully just tired muscles, but know I am having a hot bath & getting the 'Ralgex' out!
    Catch up with you later!
    Regards, Gareth
  • Options
    Evening All

Like Dustin did last mile of Grim 8 in just over 5 minutes. The freezing cold puddles certainly ensured there was no pain from yesterdays two sessions.

Well Done to everybody out today.

What: am Pilates session, pm 12 miles easy
    Why: mileage building

Have a good day everybody
  • Options
    hi all,

a hard 5m tonight. Not too far, but I'd been in the office for over 12 hours, and I'm meeting some other Greenwich Parkers at 6.30 tomorrow morning to run in to work, so didn't want to overdo it.

Legs are tired now. Serves me right for questioning lack of tiredness after Saturday's run...

Off to bed now... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... night, everyone!
  • Options
    Popsider - it doesn't tend to fill up as a rule.
  • Options
    Bloody hell! TwoTon did a triple 9-5-9! Some good running again today.

What: am 4m fast 25 mins, pm 11m plodding 1:30hr
    Why: recovery day
    Last hard: 4 days ago
    Last rest: 2 days ago

• Options
    Wardi- I think Mike Gratton was meaning no more than two races in a day, that's how I interpreted it anyway.

For me it is Brass Monkey, Liversedge, Radcliffe 12, Baildon Boundary Way, Stafford 20, Ackworth Half and a couple more X countries. Other weekends I will be doing long runs.
  • Options
    i'm with you monique

serpie 5k, wokingham half, roding valley half, thanet 20, finchley 20 (or maybe a 15 miler as apparently this is a bit close to the marathon itself) and oakley 12.
  • Options
    M what serpie 5k are you doing?

This month?
  • Options
    Hurrah race yourself fit, that Mike Gratton should maybe stick to his day job- maiil order catalogues.