Options

Immature Runners!!

Comments

• Options
    Ah, Tara, post-night out walks are such fun! Don't know how you girls cope in your fancy heels!
    Concert sounds good too - certainly more cultured than my homemade pizza and channel-hopping!

JB - I know! No Eric renders the whole countdown null and void (although he might have appeared early on, but, frankly, he is Mr. Olympic, so he couldn't be anything less than numero uno. Heard a story about him where he was hired as light relief for a swimming exhibition, except he didn't play ball instead hired a coach and went and one the thing! Eric! Eric! Eric!
  • Options
    Home made pizzas rock - so much more scope for creativity!

What was your super topping then?
  • Options
    I went with some salami, anchovies, mozerella and olives - had there been any left I'd have added onions and peppers, but obviously going down to Tesco's was too much trouble!
  • Options
    Oh obviously!

I make a mean veggie pizza, loads of fresh mozzarella, red green and yellow peppers, sweetcorn mushrooms, olives and red onions (plus loads of garlic of course!)

I do make a decent meaty one too but the veggie pizzas always look more colourful and appealing :o)

I don't think I could stomach salami AND anchovies together on one pizza though!
  • Options
    I do have odd tastes so salami and anchovies seems as natural as sausages with ice cream (I'm kidding!)

You're right about the veggie options though - it's like that show on Channel 4, 'You Are What You Eat'. When you compare the 'junk food' table with the healthier suggestions, the colour variation in the latter is amazing. Perhaps that's the idea behind Skittles? Probably not.

On a complete tangent, I'm reading a great book at the moment called The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. It's been a bestseller for a while and after reading it for the past few days I can see why! Top stuff.
  • Options
    I've heard of that book I'm sure, it does ring a bell!

I really have to start reading something different, I've just finished the penultimate book in the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice (Interview with the vampire author), I think there's about 15 books in the series plus the other three I've read about witches and demons by her!

I used to read a lot of Douglas Coupland, have you heard of him? He wrote Generation X and Girlfriend In A Coma (crap title but awesome book!)
  • Options
    15 books in a series?! That's a fair old story!

The name rings a bell - I'll sneak a peak next time I'm in Borders.

Another tangent: Where is Salford Rower or PPB or the other merry souls who are immature and runners and therefore Immature Runners?
  • Options
    hi all ahvn't been on here 4 a bit but nothing much really top report been away for 2 weeks in scarborough.went bak to runnig club last tues after the two weeks of non running and i think i've aggravated an old knee injury so will prob not b running this week but it's no great loss as my nxt race aint for a few weeks now.other than that not much to reprt really
  • Options
    Cue a post from Fez, who we havent seen for a while.... go easy on the knee mate!

Salford used to live on here..... where is he now... surely we can base an online game on this...."Where's Slaford?"
  • Options
    www.salfordrower.co.uk?
  • Options
    my word!!! That actually exists!
  • Options
    Haha you're not kidding!!

Have you signed his guestbook?
  • Options
    By the way, went back to Sweatshop - AGAIN with my pegasus.

Swapped them for a pair of asics gel nimbus VI's, jury's out til my club run tomorrow, feel v v comfy so far though.

How on shoe #4 - will I ever find my perfect partner?!
  • Options
    Hi guys
    Off to Scotland so switching notify off-see you in a few days......

Waves as she exits thread for well earned break after her 10miles on Sunday in baking hot weather and killer hills. Came last in 2hrs 21.
  • Options
    Crikey, that website does exist!

As if by magic, PPB reappears (have fun in Scotland) - c'mon Salford, it's your turn now!
  • Options
    Wow TeamGB - barrage of questions or what?!

Okay, started running about six months ago in some old Nikes, dunno what design but they were neutrals. Don't think they were cushioned enough and I got knee pain.

Bought myself a pair of Saucony's, very supportive, knee pain's got better but shins started hurting. Went to physio who told me I pronated and advised Asics Kayanos, which I bought... got worse shin splints grrr.

Went to triathlon expo a couple of weeks ago where I had my gait analysed by video - found I don't pronate at all!

Took Kayanos back and bought a pair Nike Air Pegasus. Took them on road and treadie, very comfy but severe blisters on inside of ball of foot - ouch!

Took the Pegasus back and swapped for Asics Gel Nimbus VIs.

Taking them for 4.7 mile test drive in Hyde Park tomorrow so will see how they do.

Shin splints have started getting a lot better since I stopped using the Kayanos.

Complicated or what!

(I would like to thank Sweatshop for their immense patience with me!)
  • Options
    I don't want support!

Gonna see how I do in the Nimbus, Nikes give me blisters :o(

By the way, you reeeeeally can't advertise on here mate, you'll get yourself in a lot of trouble, this is a runnng forum!
  • Options
    We can't advertise on here?..

*rolls up poster with 'Buy More Chocolate' emblazoned on it*
  • Options
    In that case:

www.givebenjaminjpmoneyfornothing.com.org/holidayinthesun
  • Options
    hehe

www.tarastevens.com

Look what happened when I mentioned once about the triathlon expo event thingy...

• Options
    www.don'tupsetthecliquesintherunnersworldforums.tv/advisable

(I'm enjoying communicating with facetious weblinks, which is www.slightlyconcerning.co.uk/idiot)
  • Options
    www.don'truninanyeventsthatcostoveratennerforfearofupsettingrunnersworldcheapskatecliques.co.uk/wewilltellyouwhatyouthink

that thread is pretty typical Tara... totally harmless information, that has somehow caused personal offence to people you've never met...
    In any case..i reckon your lucky to get noticed atall... I've noticed a trend for most of my posts to suddenly become invisible on other threads.

anyway...im back to work... and after a week of burning the candle at both ends... i can safely say that it is quite possibly the worst training idea I've ever come up with...

It's quite simple...if you train hard, keep well hydrated, and rest well... you will be fit enough to run a Snickers.

If you train hard, drink loads of beer in the evening...finish off with a gut full of shots in the early morning, and fall asleep on the sofa... you'll end up with a headache, gut ache, a bad back, and no desire to train in the morning....

So kids...remember...train hard... and dont play at all...

simple.
  • Options
    oh... and hi ppb..... nice to see you back again
  • Options
    Hehe have actually met 2 of the people who objected to my triathlon post - funnily enough at the triathlon expo!
  • Options
    Brilliant....just about sums it up really!

By the way..just been to your site.... Is it just me...or is the whole thing currently under construction?
  • Options
    has been for the last 2 years!!

Got sent on some web design courses at my work with the promise of a pensions website being produced and maintained by me - didn't materialise.

Got nothing to put on the site at the moment lol, not interesting enough!
  • Options
    If you want to get on side with Runners World forumites, just make a meaningless sacrifice to your diet and start a thread about it:

Cue lots of (((((Hugs))))) bollocks and people fawning over someone who probably needs to lose some weight anyway.

Not that I'm bitter, obviously.

The invisible thread thing is a strange phenomenom; maybe there is some secret password you need to input somewhere?

(and yes, I am well aware of the irony of lambasting cliques in a thread that is specifically for people of a certain age group)