Options

Immature Runners!!

Comments

• Options
    Gymanastics rocks the body that rocks the party!
  • Options
    Gymnasts are cool. And by cool I mean totally sweet.

Good win for the Bournemouth tonight Jimbob - see you in round three!
  • Options
    Oh, and emergency stop buttons on treadmills are my new enemy. Acidentally knocked one tonight and nearly took a tumble, which would have been funny for every other gym user but rendered me a blushing Benjamin!
  • Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    not good treadmill action there!

going on holiday on saturday, yeay, can't wait. sunny spain, here I come

hope everyone had a good weekend? I did, except that i went past twickenham green on the bus home after a night out in twickenham during the weekend - seeing the crime scene set up sent a bit of a chill down my spine. you really don't expect murders to happen close to you, theyre supposed to happen in some unknown place if at all, so to have someone murdered near where I work, then two years later, someone to get murdered somewhere where I regularly go past on a night out, is very scary.
  • Options
    have a good holiday... enjoy the sunshine.. although you may struggle to recognise it after the summer we've had.
  • Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    cheers jim bob, one day to go... I can't concentrate on work today!

• Options
    have you got that,

"For heavens sake, just let me go!" feeling?

I hate that during your last week at work... it's like waiting for christmas...

can i also just say, that weather still sucks like a big cumpstain on the urinal of life....
  • Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    4 hours, 15 minutes to go...!

Don't worry, jim bob, its pretty much guaranteed that as soon as I set foot out of the country, there will be beautiful sunshine and warmth, which will last till - ooh about the time I get back to England, by which point it will go back to being carp again!
  • Options
    due to have good weather this week.... just as we go into september... which is technically autumn... summer still sucked
  • Options
    Hi guys long time no post!

Have survived 1st week back from holiday (barely).

Managed to get quite a bit of running (albeit it up some killer hills) in on holiday which I think really helped my training as I was able to do the 7 and a bit mile run with my club which I would otherwise have not even begun to attempt!. I also managed some swimming in Rydal Water (flippin freezing!) and some horse riding (way cool). Only thing I didn't manage to do this year was kayaking but hey, there's always next time.

The weather was pretty decent and the cottage we stayed in was beautiful check it out!. It is situated at the beginning of a popular walk up to the Old Man of Coniston and we met loads of friendly hikers along the way (and a handful of mad fell runners - how hardcore do you have to be?!).

Climbed the Coniston Old Man and also managed to get up Scafell Pike which was a definite milestone reached as I've never climbed anything (apart from the steps outside my house!) before, let alone the tallest mountain in England. Was a bit hairy just near the top as the route we took was very much a scrabbling-on-hands-and-knees type ascent! Was great once up there, if a little cold and blowy (is that a real word?) - nearly got buffeted off at one point! Have got a pic of me next to the war memorial at the top as proof for my friends!

All in all a good holiday, my brand new Brashers are well and truly battered but really served their purpose - especially as, while my friends were gingerly picking their way over a waterfall, I managed to walk right through it and keep my socks dry - result! ¦oD
  • Options
    sounds amazing, tara, you were much more active than I was on holiday - no running at all, so thats the final call on the snickers training for me. well done on the walking and climbing

you're right, fell runners are incredible, aren't they! (in many senses of the word)

I've had a beautiful week, just playing music with the band I was with, drinking and sightseeing. We did our final gig together in Kingston last Sunday, before everyone went to university, and it was absolutely fantastic - it all went well and sounded great. missing everyone now though(really don't want to be back at work now!)
  • Options
    so i'm guessing you're not a half board and dsunlounger by the pool kind've girl on holiday then Tara.

Been quiet without you two round here.... welcome back!
  • Options
    Hey I can do lounging by the pool in the sun as good as the rest of them - if there was sun to be baked in and pools to lie beside!!

As it was there were only freeezing cold lakes to sloosh around in and then to sit shivering beside while you try the hiding-behind-a-towel-while-trying-to-climb-back-into-ordinary-clothes-and-not-fall-over-and-expose-yourself-to-all-and-sundry manoeuvre! Great fun! We also got attacked by a grumpy swan who found my boyfriend's ankles to be most tasty (feckin hilarious in my view!) (he wasn't as amused however!)

All good fun :o)

Your holiday sounds fab Anna, wish I could play an instrument - or even sing for that matter (well I can, just not very well!), what do you play in the band?
  • Options
    just come back from the gym...

had zero motivation today, was a at a weights station, thinking i might just give up and go back to bed, when all of a sudden otu of nowhere, non other than THE HOFF made an appearance on This Morning.

What more motivation did i need... There's no way THE HOFF would quit a gym session...you dont get to do scenes with Pamela Anderson in her swim suit by being a wimp at the gym... HOFF rules!
  • Options
    we'll get you singing at the curry house tonight if you come, tara...! i played flute and sax on holiday, it was various different styles of music but the best were the jazz gigs

I'd love to be lounging by the pool now, sun is shining and I still don't want to be at work. boooo! thinking about changing jobs anyway, I'm fed up with this place and I'm missing my music too much. anyone want lessons?!

talking about the hoff, did you hear him being interviewed on Radio 1, as well? I think he's got a new single or show or something coming out soon?
  • Options
    Sorry I missed the curry house yesterday but went to a bar after work event and, as it was like 10 minutes from my house, couldn't uproot!

Did you guys have a good night? Am going to definitely try and make it to the next social though (hopefully still in my newly acquired sobriety!). Eyes should be all healed up by then and I'll be able to wear make up again - joy!
  • Options
    <--- tumbleweed blows across the road --->
  • Options
    i missed the curry night in the end, had to stay at work late, but instead I went to a the pub and then a local curry house (at 11.30pm!) to make up for it - the curry place I went to was half price if you paid in cash - bargain!

whats happened to your eyes, tara?
  • Options
    Had corrective laser surgery (yipeee!)

It's one week on today and I'm so happy to be able to see without glasses or lenses, think some people at work here may decide to follow suit :o)

Half price curry house sounds mighty good, just realised I'm going to miss the social next week as my fella's going up to watch Sunderland play Leeds and I've got no-one to babysit :o(

Bugger!
  • Options
    MASSIVE BOING!!!!!!

I can't believe that we are lower on this board than a thread about DEACON BLUE songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the sake of all that is holy!!!!!

come on kids... where are you?!?!!?
  • Options
    I'm here jimbob matey!

How's the team doing? Mine is winning (for a change), tis a nice feeling!
  • Options
    Depends which one..

my team (Bournemouth) recently beat sheff wednesday 1-0 away from home... which was brilliant........ 7 years ago!.. still quite a good result tho.

my fantasy team is pushing its way into the top 25.... so not all that great!
  • Options
    real footie :o)

My fantasy team has settled into the usual mid-table spot, never gets much higher!!

(my top table push wont be helped by my captain doing a david beckham and breaking a bone in his flippin foot!!)
  • Options
    We've got an Aresenal kid called Jon Spicer playing for us on loan at the moment... he's quite good..but unbelievably, he can't get a place in the Arsenal starting line up!!!! Unreal!

We're all still a little proud of Jermaine Defoe's acheivements down here tho. He played for us about 4 or 5 seasons ago, when he really was just a kid. Had him on loan from West Ham for half a season. At one point he scored 10 GAMES IN A ROW, and nearly got us into the play offs.... he is brilliant, never seen a more natural finisher.

Anyway... hows trainign going... and when's your next race?

I'm at Windsor with Ben this weekend... did a steady 15 last night... felt ok,... but really need to up this milage in time for New York.
  • Options
    Training's going ok ta, am doing club run of just over 7 miles tonight, have started running again post laser surgery and I must say that it's wonderful to be able to run without glasses or lenses!!

October is quite busy for me race wise, have a 10k in Clapham on 3rd, the GSR on the 10th (reaching for the stars! S-Club 7 stylie!) and cabbage patch 10 miler on 17th. Only got one 10k (rainforest 10k in Victoria Park London) in November and then the Grim 8 December 5th and a half marathon in Bedford on 12th

Phew!

[takes a breath!]

I have to book myself well ahead into races or I lose my motivation. Would be really good to complete a half marathon by the end of the year, I think that's achievable after 9 months of running?
  • Options
    lol have you SEEN the Arsenal starting line up lately jimbob? It's comprised of players who are experts at what they do, not surprising he can't break into the first team.

What'll probably happen is he'll play fantastic for you and then they'll snatch him back like what happened last season with Stewart Downing from Middlesbrough, he came to us after being frustrated at the lack of first team football, played excellently and then left us to walk straight into the team. We didn't really hold it against him though as he is a local lad and you can't fault him for wanting to play a) for his home team and b) in the premiership!
  • Options
    yeah... any player that can get into the Bournemouth first team is easily good enough to play in the Arsenal starting XI... FACT!

Just got my race pack thru for the GSR today, so i guess i might catch you there!
  • Options
    am mighty miffed that I haven't received my pack yet!
  • Options
    COME ON BABY!!!!!!!!

So,,, it's Sheffield Wednesday one week..... and now, PREMIERSHIP GIANTS Blackburn the next!

Saw the highlights in the pub last night, which led to me breaking drinking curfew... but to hell with that... Come on you Cherries!!!!

(might start a seperate thread on this!)