Options

Immature Runners!!

Comments

• Options
    lah lah lah... everyone's gone again.

well done to your boys, jim bob, by the way! nice to give mark hughes a friendly welcome to cup football
  • Options
    The rumour is that Wayne Rooney is properly upset about moving to Man U, rather than taking a trip down to join us on the south coast..

Sheff Wed one week.
    Blackburn the next..
    Then we go and demolish the mighty Doncaster 5-0....

is there any team that can stop us?????
  • Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    i can think of one...
  • Options
    The New England Patriots?
  • Options
    Hello LML - how you doing?

Just entered this year's Nike 10k :o)
  • Options
    I'm gwd thanks! Have u run a 10k before?
  • Options
    Yeah, 3 now, did one in Clapham yesterday got a PB of 51:33, well chuffed! 5 minutes off my last time.

Am off to the great south run on Sunday, really looking forward to that. Have you got any races coming up?
  • Options
    Not really, I have been out of training for a while, I have entered FLM, see if this will re-motivate me! I did FLM in 02 in 3.59.31. I want to beat this! I'm hoping to do Aberyswyth 10k in Dec
  • Options
    I've entered that too, rather hoping I wont get in as I'd really have to up my training (I'm also totally lying as I'd be mega gutted if I get rejected - which is highly likely!!).

Have 3 races this month and 2 in November and also in December. Need to constantly book myself into future races to help motivate me or I never get out of bed in the morning to train!!
  • Options
    hey all... just entered the nike 10k in london... should be fun.

will see you on sunday for the Grt South Tara.

VERY little training lined up for me this week.. did a 2 and half hour run this morning, and had to stop because of a pain in my heel. Unfortunately, i stopped a good 3 hours away from home (I got lost), and only half an hour before i was due to start work. No cash for a bus, no mobile to call for help, and only one foot to walk on..... Disaster!

So kids, in future, never go out without a quid to pay for your BFH... just in case.
  • Options
    lol, soz shoulnd't laugh but the image is just so funny, very little training planned but you did 2 and a half hours? :S, ended up having to walk four miles home on Sunday after the Manuden 10k race as I couldn't get a lift (driving in a month and a bit :)). Still got my first placing (3rd) in a 10k with more than 200 people (got a first once but there were only about 40 people, had to beat 2 2:52 marathoners to do it though). So wasn't too bothered, they're sending the trophy/medal in the post though :S. Good luck on Sunday people.
  • Options
    my training at the moment is for the new york marathon, not the great south... the reason why there's very little training, is because i've decided to do a big fat can of nothing for the rest of the week.

Heel hurts worse than yesterday this morning...just hope the rest will sort it out before sunday.
  • Options
    Gah! Tried to inject a little immature humour into the 'Do You Weight Train' thread in the 'General' forum. And got nowhere.

Tough crowd.
  • Options
    Hope your heel improves jimbob :o(

Doubt very much I'll see you on Sunday as a) there will be loads of people and b) you will finish a lot sooner than me. You may see my friend James who's probably going to finish sub 70 or so!

Keep an eye out for me though, will be in my red and gold club vest (the red will probably match my face by the end of the race!!)
  • Options
    PS

Jimbob, Ben, I do believe I'm whooping both your *rses in the fantasy football table, what's going on there!!
  • Options
    Tara...wait until my club captain the boy Rooney starts kicking off... i'll be climbing that league ladder dont you worry!

Ankle has swollen up today.. brought an ice pack... saw someone from the gym who told me it took a year for her to fully recover from a similair injury... Grt South in less than a week... New york marathon in 5.

Brilliant...

i'm off to go and get p*ssed.
  • Options
    Hmm I dunno mate, my strike force is also pretty strong what with Henry and Reyes up front!

Injury sounds painful, sorry to hear about it. That mate of yours at the gym is a right cheery soul, talk about motivational feedback eh?!! I reckon you'll be okay as long as you employ the old RICE method and don't do any kind of weight bearing exercise before the GSR (hopefully).

Hope you didn't get too p*ssed, don't want to risk falling over on your ankle in drunken stupor!
  • Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed for you jimbob - anyone doing well on their snickers training deserves to actually eat the snickers at the end (mine's gone terribly downhill - no marathon till FLM for me now)

tara, what club do you run for-you're not a belgrave girl are you? or a serpie?

ben, i can't be bothered to go through the threads! - what happened on the weight training thread?
  • Options
    Oh nothing. Literally. Just the usual 'invisible post' mishap. I guess weight trainers are too busy curling their iron to be facetious. Or what I wrote wasn't that funny...ah, that could be it!

Jim - KTF
  • Options
    Cheers guys...

just icing it as much as poss at the moment... pretty sure the Grt Sth is now out of the question, but i might head on down there anyhow, as i have a few friends who are running in it.
    Being a spectator sucks!

Really wanted to go out and post a quick 10 miler this Sunday, but the marathon mean more to me, so the sensible option is not to run. I guess the bookies will have to start putting odds on a new favourite.

I saw your invisible post ben...so it cant be invisible... words of advice...don't try and be funny in the forums..they don't like it..it's childish and immature... save it for in here instead!

Going to get my heel checked out by a professional tomorrow... see how i get on.

KTF
  • Options
    KTF?

Am a serpie anna, was going to join the harriers but they're a bit too good for me and the social side of the serpentine really appealed to me!

I'm so shallow!!
  • Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    howd it go with your heel, jimbob

and tara, what have you been up to on the social trhead ... ! must be pocahontas' bad influence...!
  • Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    belgrave are very competitive, tara, i'd have made the same choice if it was between those two
  • Options
    Hi anna, it was late at night, what can I say - I'm easily corruptible!!

jimbob's not gonna be able to run the GSR but will be handing out drinks to us grateful runners at the 7 mile mark which, considering I've only ever once run more than 7 1/2 miles, may be needed!

Yeah I thought that may be true, about belgrave, have been a member of the serpentine since July and am very glad I made that choice!
  • Options
    Tara, did you run the first met league race at Ruislip on Saturday?, lots of Serpentine runners there, so thought you might have run it. Hope the GSR went well.
  • Options
    Had to back out of the GSR due to heavy chesty cold :o( Was totally gutted as had been planning for months!

Hoping to be able to do the cabbage patch 10 this Sunday though fingers crossed!

So no I wasn't amongst the serpies on Saturday, haven't run in 4 days feel sooo useless!
  • Options
    ah well, at least you've still got the training, just do a different run in a week or two, know it doesn't make up on the dissappointment though I know :S.

but not running in 4 days... just call it your rest and recuperation period, as part of your detailed training schedule, sounds a lot better than got a cold :P. Don't try running till the colds gone though!
  • Options
    *Ben JP dashes in on during a lunch break*

I've not been nearly immature enough today, so I just wanted to type:

Bum-poo, wee-wee head.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Helloooo Ben!

You're right Bryn, a much better way of looking at it though prolonged R&R definitely did not feature in my training schedule!

Feeling a lot less cloudy today, remnants of cough still there, most annoying! Am planning to do some exercise bike work (only about 20k) and light weights tonight before attempting club run tomorrow.