Options

Paris Marathon 2016

Comments

• Options

May 23: Suzy L's birthday.
    May 28: Kent Roadrunner Marathon - Nodster.
    May 29: Liverpool Rock 'n’ Roll Marathon – Andy-W, Orbutt.
    Jun 1: Penny71’s birthday.
    Jun 2: Eggy's birthday.
    Jun 18: Tromso Midnight Sun Marathon - Heather S, Nodster, Meadower.
    Jun 23 : Nodster’s birthday.
    Jun 25: Keyser Suze's birthday.
    Jul 20: Meadower's birthday.
    Jul 28: ATM's birthday.
    Aug 4: Uisge Jo's birthday.
    Aug 11: Boyska's birthday.
    Aug 18: Andy W’s birthday.

• Options

Deputy List fairy:  please add  Hill County Trail 15k on Nov 21    and Comrades May 29 for me.   Thank you.

• Options

Very best of luck with Comrades Dannirr. Does three times get you an extra medal or a different bib, or is it 5 and 10 next?

• Options

Three times gets you disapproving looks fro the family you promised that Comrades was "just once in my life", and then "just need to do the back to back" image

• Options

Hi everyone, is Paris pretty easy to get a place then as in just get online at 8am next Tues and you're in or there is more too it than that?

• Options

Sam - Normally it's easy enough to get a place. They have implemented a bonkers system were the price increases with every n amount of places sold, so the quicker you register the cheaper the entry.

This also results in everyone trying to login at 8am and their entry system going into meltdown!

Make sure you go to the ASO site and create an account first. It'll save the hassle of trying to do it while the system crashes for the 152nd time on registration day! https://www.asochallenges.com/en-EN/

• Options

Ah brilliant thanks, I didn't know that I thought it was just the 2nd wave price batch but it goes up within that as well!

Yep I imagine it will go into meltdown!

Yep I already have, I presume the euro star and rooms can be pretty cheap if booked in advance?

• Options

Hi Sam Hammond, welcome on board. 

When taliking about Paris you will need to add the suffix "for Paris". 

So, rooms can be cheaper if booked in advance, for Paris. 

You won't get an absolute bargain but it will be cheaper. 

Also, rooms tend to be on the smaller size. So watch out for the description 'large size room' and add the suffix, for Paris. 

• Options

Hi Sam. Good choice of marathon, stick around image. The Eurostar tickets  only go on sale six months in advance so the April ones should be available in October. And yes, the earlier, the cheaper. There's lots of accommodation on offer - the further you're prepared to stay from the Arc the cheaper it will be, but the Metro system is very efficient on the day.

• Options
    Brilliant thanks for the help and info guys, looking forward to it after London last year!
  • Options

Benign Murmuring..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY image image

• Options
    Happy Birthday BM (^) image
  • Options
    Welcome Sam, you've already made your first great decision by coming on here.

Loads of valuable advice from experienced people on here.... along with some mad advice from some crazy people tooimageimage
  • Options

Happy birthday benign murmuring.... Long may you continue with the positive advice !!

• Options

Orbutt speaks sense - 'for Paris' is definitely required for just about everything, including the price of coffee! Last year the room I had was just big enough to be able to walk around the bed! Having a wash meant that the toilet got fully washed too because it was so close to the shower and the curtain was non-existent! I suspect that this would've been described as a good value room which for anywhere else would've been classed as a complete rip-off, but when 'for Paris' is added it instantly starts to ring more true!!

Dannirr - If 3 Comrades gets disapproving glances, does 4 get you a divorce!? image

• Options

Just did a nice half marathon round Perth. Lovely scenery and finished at the beach. Had no idea that we even had hills like that!! Took me by surprise really but got an ok time anyway. Happy result.

Came across the line promising myself that I would never, ever do a full marathon on that course. But then I saw the medals for the full ( massively larger and shinier than the ones for the half !!) and now I have a severe case of medal envy and I just know that I so have to do the full next year!  Shallow?  Me? Surely not!!

• Options

Haha Charlie4, I did that half too and and came away thinking I'd like to do the marathon next year!  The half was tough but I had heard that so wasn't surprised, and it was so beautiful!  And the first half of the marathon course is flat.  ;-)

• Options

Ah, medal envy. Tempting runners into long distances like magpies to a shiny thing. 

• Options

Organisers know that if they get a big shiny medal and they put photos of it on social media then runners will flock to their race, I would say it's a scam but who am I kidding, I fall for it every time!! image

• Options
    Just catching up after 2 weeks in Paphos, Cyprus. Thanks all for birthday wishes. Lovely running there first thing in the morning (6am after securing sunbeds) usually to the harbour and back (2 miles out 2 miles back) did 4.6 miles average for 14 successive daily runs.

Just hope the fitness hasn't suffered too much for Wetherby 10k (tomorrow), GNR next week and York marathon early October.
  • Options

Andy-W with your fitness base you won't need to worry. Sounds like a great holiday too image

Two weeks ago I had a terrible long run which I had to abandon as I felt really rough. I'd also developed a strange rash down my right leg. Turns out I had Shingles. Nothing the doctor could offer me but at least I knew what it was. 

Anyhow, I took the advice of friends and missed a few runs. Back running this week and feeling much better. Today's long run felt exactly like it should, so I'm much happier. 

• Options

Orbutt - Great to hear you're back out enjoying your runs again.

• Options
    Orbutt glad you have got over shingles, so quickly sensible friends!!
  • Options

Sep 8: Elizabeth's birthday.
    Sep 12: Marathon du Medoc – Benign Murmurring. Scotland Coast to Coast - Kaz.
    Sep 13: Great North Run – Andy W, Jimbob, Meadower, Peter Sting Wray, Will Run For Food. Ironman Wales – Sunnysider Phil. Kilmalcom Half – Eggy. Wirral Half – Orbutt.
    Sep 15: Yorkshireman off road Marathon - Dirty Leeds Rob, Suzy Larkin.
    Sep 16: PC's birthday, Mrs O's birthday.
    Sep 20: La Sapaicaine Half – Nodster, Onetit.
    Sep 27: Berlin Marathon – LloydR, Meadower, Minniemonster, Nells. Paris-Versailles – Running Rodent. Windsor Half – Peter Sting Wray.
    Oct 4: Chester Marathon – Heidi Barr. Great Scottish Run Half - Jokeybhoy, Meadower.
    Oct 5: Bingo Race - Loubella.
    Oct 6: Onetit's birthday.
    Oct 10: Bingo Race - Karen Bowman 2. Freemantle Half - Charlie4.
    Oct 11: Chicago Marathon – Dannirr. Oxford Half – Agentpenguin, Kenno, Orapidrun. Royal Parks Half – Jellybum, Nells. Yorkshire Marathon – Andy W.
    Oct 18: Abingdon Marathon – Sunnysider Phil. Amsterdam Marathon – Benignmurmmuring, Betzza, Emmy, Heroine in a Half-Shell, Jellybum, Jimbob, Kenno, KeyserSuze, Mattleydon, Nells, Nodster, Onetit, Orapidrun, Thisisnatty. Amsterdam 8k - Running Rodent.
    Oct 24: Beachy Head Marathon – Meadower.
    Oct 25: Dublin Marathon - Joanna3. Great South Run - Loubella. Marine Corps Marathon – Orbutt. Stort 30 - LloydR.
    Oct 27-29: Three Lakes – Thisisnatty.
    Oct 30: Orapidrun's birthday.
    Nov 1: Marlow Half – Agentpenguin. Men's 10K Edinburgh – Meadower.
    Nov 2: Leeds Rob's birthday.
    Nov 6: Danni's birthday. California International Marathon – Berkeley Runner.
    Nov 7-8: Enigma Fireworks Double – Heroine in a Half-Shell.
    Nov 15: Leeds Abbey Dash 10K – Andy-W-. St Neots Half – KeyserSuze. Valencia Marathon - Running Rodent.
    Nov 21: Hill County Trail 15k - Danni.
    Nov 22: Adnams 10k - Keyser Suze.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.
    Nov 25-29: Saxon Shore mischief - Heroine in a Half-Shell (5in5), Run Claire (day one) Thisisnatty (Double).
    Nov 29: Florence Marathon – Jimbob. Hayling Island 10-miler - Nodster.
    Dec 1: James B's birthday.
    Dec 5: Battle of Waterloo Challenge - RunCaire.
    Dec 20: Porstmouth Coastal Marathon – RunClaire, Sunnysider Phil.
    Jan 1: Roundman's birthday.
    Jan 2: Winter Enigma Marathon Day 1 - This is Natty.
    Jan 3: OO52's birthday. Winter Enigma Marathon Day 2 - This is Natty, Nodster.
    Jan 7-10: Dopey Challenge: Heroine in a Half-Shell, Meadower.
    Jan 10: Hobart Marathon - Charlie4.
    Jan 12: Orbutt's birthday.
    Jan 15: Yer Maj's birthday.
    Jan 19: DV's birthday.
    Feb 10: Emmy's birthday.
    Feb 26: Marathon Day Marathon - Nodster.
    Feb 28: Relativity Run: Run Claire.
    Mar 1: Radar Sal's birthday.
    Mar 6: Anglesey Half – Agentpenguin, Nells.
    Mar 9: Book Day Challenge - Run Claire.
    Mar 13: Larmer Tree Marathon - Nodster. Liverpool Half – Orbutt. Silverstone Half – Andy-W.
    Mar 17-20: Quad @ Enigma Week – Thisisnatty.
    Mar 25: Leggy Mountbatten's birthday.
    Apr 3: Betzza’s Birthday. PARIS MARATHON 2016.
    Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.
    Apr 11: Chris Morgan's birthday.
    Apr 17: Brighton Marathon – Meadower, Thisisnatty.
    Apr 18: Boston – Sunnysider Phil.
    Apr 23: Kirsten Lancs Lass' birthday.
    Apr 24: Picklelily's birthday.
    May 15: Scott W's birthday.
    May 17: Simon Mac's birthday.
    May 23: Suzy L's birthday.
    May 28: Kent Roadrunner Marathon - Nodster.
    May 29: Comrades Marathon - Danni. Liverpool Rock 'n’ Roll Marathon – Andy-W, Orbutt.
    Jun 1: Penny

• Options

Jun 1: Penny71’s birthday.
    Jun 2: Eggy's birthday.
    Jun 18: Tromso Midnight Sun Marathon - Heather S, Nodster, Meadower.
    Jun 23 : Nodster’s birthday.
    Jun 25: Keyser Suze's birthday.
    Jul 20: Meadower's birthday.
    Jul 28: ATM's birthday.
    Aug 4: Uisge Jo's birthday.
    Aug 11: Boyska's birthday.
    Aug 18: Andy W’s birthday.
    Sep 4: Benign Murmurring's birthday.

• Options

Hey guys, looking forward to tomorrow now!

If I get online at 8am tomorrow will I be in a cue or will I just be able to enter straight away pretty much?

• Options
    Happy with sub 45 at Wetherby 10K yesterday (44:41) especially after two week all inclusive in Paphos leading up to it. Orbutt was right- though I'll feel better when I shift the half stone I've put on
  • Options

Looks like there are quite a few of us at GNR this weekend.  What's everyone looking for out of the day?

I'll be doing my first non-Scottish parkrun on the Saturday at Newcastle, though not liking the earlier start time!  For the day itself, I'll be at MP until 10 miles and then see what I've got to give for the last stretch. 

If we get weather like we have had up Glasgow/Edinburgh way this weekend we're sorted.  I got sunburnt yesterday.  In Scotland.  image

• Options

Just got my alert email through now image How much is the euro star normally?