Options

Tuesday 3rd Feb

13»

Comments

• Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    All good wishes SIT. Don't forget that the benefit of a long training build up to the marathon is that a few days missed won't make any difference. As BR's clubmate found, sometimes the rest is beneficial. Good luck.

am..5 miles easy
    pm..7 miles starting steady then brisk.

Last hard yesterday.
  • Options
    Evening,

What: Nothing. Absolutely sweet FA.
    Why: Because it feels like I broke my foot yesterday.

Getting most irritable because I can't run. I dunno, you spend 7 years at school trying to score decent injuries to get out of games, and then the moment you *want* to do something it all goes wrong. Pffft.

• Options
    HeHeHe

Work work work - again !

Then I found out that the barrister who is in charge of this awful court case I'm stuck with is also a runner !

Joy !

We reminisced about the NY marathon, we swappped training tactics for FLM 2004, and bragged about our respective Wilmlow halfmarathon times. All is not lost. ( Does this count as training though?)

Probably not , but it is an island of happiness in an othewise dire day.
  • Options
    Lynne

is he a forumite?
  • Options
    I'm gonna check that out tomorrow - and if not, I'm intending to initiate him into the mysteries of runnersworld.co.uk

- the most effective secret society I know that doesn't require any funny handshakes.
  • Options
    SiT - sorry to hear your injury troubles are back. hope it heals quickly.

venom - good to see you recovering nicely

lynne :-) hope it makes the court case more bearable for you. hope he turns out to be someone on here.....

what: 7 x 800m with 90secs recoveries
    why: club night
    last hard: sundays long run
    last rest: yesterday

these were a couple of seconds slower than when i did them a few weeks ago (i'm blaming the wind!) but i managed 7 instead of 6 and definitely felt stronger.

sodahead - hope you enjoyed the football!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya,
    Unless I've missed the post it seems no-one is owning up to knowing the lyrics......
    I'm saying nothing.

Not posted since the w/end, so commiserations to those nursing injuries (hilly, venom, SiT) and well done those pb setters.

Sunday was a pretty poor run: 16.5 miles in 2:01 so approx marathon pace, but felt pretty lousy - muscles tight,sore back - usual drill. Perhaps it was the wind, the multitude of hills, the early start, dunno, but breezed through nearly 19 the week before without any niggles.
    I'll put it down as a bad day in the office....

Ran 4 easy last night without a hiccup and taken today as a rest day.

Back on schedule tomorrow - 7 miles,some fartlek. Hopefully bouyed with optimism!

Only the 19.5 mile Meon Valley XC to look forward to a week on Sunday. Gulp!
  • Options
    godd stuff guys, and unlucky to all who didn't make it out out the door for one reason or another...

What: long road reps done
    1 x 2000m @ 6.38, then 5 x 1100m @ 3.20 average.
    VERY Pleased with that...
    Last Hard: Today
    Last Rest: Friday

off to bed - absolutely drained!
  • Options
    Good evening!

New month, new shoes! Finally managed to get my hands on those Mizuno Wave Maverick III. Already did two runs in them, hmmmm it was smooth ride :) Shoe feels a bit lighter, new upper mesh, the sole a bit different and the forefoot seems more responsive.

What? 7m AM (easy) / 11m PM (steady) Warm conditions, first run this year in shorts
    Why? Why not?
    Last rest? 17/1/
    Last hard? Yesterday
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Wasn't the footy postponed.
  • Options
    Evening everyone

SiT - its far enough away from London that if you get sorted out the easy period may serve you well.

What: Grass reps - 8 x (700m then 300m) off 90 seconds recovery. Windy and muddy. 700s in 2:10, 300s in 50, so 4:50 miling off road which I'm happy with.
    Why: Club night
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last Rest: Thursday 3 weeks ago
  • Options
    the footy was postponed last week and replayed tonight - Boro winning 2-1 thanks to an OG from the new boy at Arsenal.

Even better news Coventry getting stuffed in the FA cup replay means I will have fun at work tomorrow :o)

matt the brum got the lyrics I think (IBTWYPB mean anything to you?)

• Options
    Evening all.......

Just speed read the thread (not had time to check in any earlier today!)= sorry to hear your news SiT.....can't offer any advice but hope things clear up quickly.

First track session of the year tonight- 12 x 400m with 200m recovery. Averaged 75 secs/400m and even managed to summon up the energy for a 72 sec last lap :o)

Pretty pleased with this as it was comparable to my last 400m session back in early Dec just after I'd run my 10 mile PB and before my training was buggered up by injuries.

So......I'm feeling good and optimistic for a new 10K PB at Chichester this week- the way I feel at the moment it's just a matter of how much I can knock off it (famous last words!!!)

• Options
    noooooooooooooo

did coventry really get beaten by colchester????

my dad's a big coventry fan - must go ring him!
  • Options
    NE, no lack of confidence:)

Club run was 8.5 miles, ave HR 150 (LT-30), 6:57m/m

What I like about these runs is they take me out of the comfort zone on recovery / steady days. Would have been about 20 secs / mile slower on my own.
  • Options
    :-)

off to ring my daddy......
  • Options
    BR: nope.....I'll stick my neck out and predict at least 30 secs off my PB ;-)

(my 10K PB isn't that impressive anyway so I reckon I'm only catching up with where I should be!)

• Options
    Brutal session on Hoylake prom - not really what I was looking for 4 days into my comeback. Having turned up, realised there were 6 of us - 4 runners in very good form, me, and the coach. So, no hiding place.
    Wind blowing hard straight down the prom (average 20 mph); the session was
    ~1K warmup
    downwind: 2.5K of lamppost intervals - repeat (2 x fast, 1 recovery, 3x fast, 1 recovery, 4x fast, 1 recovery) until reaching the far end of the prom...
    90 seconds recovery, then long intervals back up to the upwind end again (800m or more, relatively brisk ~400m jog recoveries)
    90 seconds recovery, then repeat the downwind routine as before
    90 seconds recovery, then repeat the upwind routine up to 2K
    then ~3/4 mile warm down

Has left me feeling q knackered. Time for bed.