• Options
    awwwwwwwww thats nice coach
  • Options
    ;-) You can't sleep either, PH?
  • Options
  • Options
    Morning

My legs are knackered!!

I have not run since Saturday, but my shins are still very painful especially in the morning, I'm still having to come down stairs one at a time. Usually the pain goes as the day goes on an only lasts a couple of days at the most. I'm really scared that I have the dreaded stress fractures :((
    I thought that stress fractures got worse as the day went on and shin splints got better?? The pain does ease as the day goes on but is not going completely. I can see FLM slipping away fast - well slow in my case !

Wish me luck guys, I hate this not running bit.
  • Options
    Thanks Trin
    Iam going to ring my sports massage chappy today to see if he can fit me in.
    I am doing some x training and a couple of spin classes a week, so I can keep my fitness up.
    Just keep your fingers crossed for me, I really want to do the FLM this year. I know that I can defer and that nobody will die if I don't make it, but..........well I guess everyone on here would know how I feel.
    Cya l8r
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    CDK, keep your pecker up. You must be sensible and look after yourself. There's still time to sort it and make a good show of yourself at the FLM. But don't push it.

A quick two miler with the dog with a runny bottom for me!! And a slow 200 yards with the dog with the broken foot. I could have got away with wearing shorts as well - is summer here?

A day full of numbers for me. Hurrah!!

Plod well, plodders.XB
  • Options
    Cdk
    Dont panic
    eve if you do no more long runs, you will get round
    xxxxx
  • Options
    Morning buggyboarders & welcome to the fun Plod22 & Yoi. Oh CdK - keeping fingers well crossed for you for FLM. Just a swim, sauna & jacuzzi for me this morning with a spot of rolling around on a ball at lunchtime - everything that can possibly ache does ache this morning after yesterday's sessions & I need to recuperate for tomorrow's wibble session. Hi-ho!
  • Options
    Morning all

WHAT A LOVELY DAY.

cdk, I would sugget going to you sports masseur for a good calf workover. Sometimes tight calf muscles can pull on the shin bones and make them very sore. He might be able to ease the pressure off them. Hope all goes well.

Can't run at the moment as I have a bad case of IBS at the moment. Its been building up since Saturday and I am in a lot of pain in my stomach. It just seems as if its one thing after another just now.
    All designed to stop me plodding.

Musn't feel sorry for myself. I know these things are only temporary. BooHoo! !
  • Options
    Morning all

<<<<Larraine>>>> you are in the wars at the moment.

XB - what on earth do you do to your mutts????

Another lovely beach walk this morning with mutts and friend and her mutts and no "fair weather walkers + mutts" which wind everyone up!! Not that we're antisocial or possessive about our beach you understand.....
  • Options
    Yo Yoi!

just wanted to say that to someone else

(((Larraine)))

CdK - DON'T PANIC!!!! Any more than the rest of us, anyway. I've just resigned myself to run/walking FLM, will try it out on my two remaining looooooong plods

XB - was it you or the dog that had the runny bottom?
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Yo Yeo and Yoi sounds like a kids TV programme.

• Options
    Hi everyone,
    Nice to see u all doing well. Am still slowly plodding but managed 1.7 in my run today so thats good, that includes my warm up/cool down walks though. But still pleased as was only doing 1.5 before. :) Still working toward running 3 miles then on time for my 5k in july. a long way to go though.

Good luck everyone preparing for races.. anything over 5k still sounds amazingly scary to me!
  • Options
    thank you coachb cant stop laughing at all the yo yeo yoi yo stuff. up to 18 now and going out sat for an 18-20 not sure weather to do the same next week then taper time is flying ,only 4 weeks now.also just had to buy new trainers ,been plodding in omni 3 but found them to hard as the distance is getting longer so gone for brooks radius feel a lot softer on the knees /feet .hope to run in these on flm day.had a sort of race today in the gym on treadmills with some younger lads 10k finnished in 58 mins the lads were 39 and 42 min .theres no way i could keep that going for 4/5 hrs though
  • Options
    Morning folks.
    Oh me legs are sore today - long run on Tuesday night and only feeling my legs this morn!
    You all sound as if you're doing great -
    my vote goes for Yoi - Yeo - Yo - Yo! :0)

Brekkie time - oh bought nice cinnamon bagels from M&S yesterday - think I hear then calling.

Happy plodding.
  • Options
    Morning all
    Trin most 'slimming' or weight watching type sites have a calcualtor for BMI.

Also try www.BNF.org, they have one

have a good day all

Gym and pool running again for me after college.
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    BMI? I don't know the equation - mine is calculated on the runlog software. I would be interested to see how it is calculated.

Pool running? That's a new one on me. Is that round the pool table in the pub?

I could get hypnotised by that picture, Jammie.

Gym for me tonight - Fartlek or some other foreign stuff.

Plod well, plodders

XB
  • Options
    Morning all

Hi jammie - love the picture - at least I'll recognise you now if I meet you at any races!! :-)

Trin - BMI calculation is weight in kg divided by height in metres squared - so a 70kg person who is 1.65 metres tall (about 5 foot 5) has:

BMI = 70/ (1.65)squared
    = 70 / 2.7225
    = approx 25.7

Morning all others - did first "hill" session for months last night and feeling suprisingly ok this morning.
    right gotta go - can hear big boss in next door office
    see you later peeps
  • Options
    Good luck Trin - mine works out as some what higher than above example (!) but I'm working on it.
    Managing to lose about a pound a week and now FOH is back from his year long sojourn in Japan I have no excuse not to train after work so this should help too.
    Actually got into a pair of trousers this week I bought last summer (never try anything on in shops) and couldn't get done up so well chuft with that although not fooling myself about how far there is to go.
  • Options
    Hi Trin - well done on your progress so far - I think I'm pretty similar to you!

I know BMI ideal range is 20 - 25 but Body fat is different and at the moment I can't remember the stats. I'm pretty sure that while BMI is the same for both sexes but body fat isn't - women have a higher ideal range but I can't remember what it is.

If anyone knows as opposed to my waffling...
  • Options
    Hi guys - glad you like the pic! - She's the woman I strive to be ;0) (ha, ha!) Just got a new computer so been trying out new stuff!

Ok just went to calculate BMI 27.
    I got out my body fat monitor and battery was done, so will have to get a new battery tomorrow! I did check the range and they are:

Men 18 - 30years 13% to 20%
    Men over 30years 16% to 24%

Women 18 - 30years 17% to 25%
    Women over 30years 19% to 27%

sounds as if you two, Trin and poddler are doing great.
    Trying not to get too hung up on diet stuff but look in on the weight watchers forum - keeping me motivated!

Didn't run tonight legs tired after long run on Tuesday - will venture out tomorrow :0)

• Options
    hi peeps, yo yoi yo yeo yo. try saying that without twisting your tonsils! bmi calcs are not accurate enough if you use the omron gadget or calipers you get your actual fat % . if you know what fat % you want to be ,i can tell you the exact amount of weight you need to lose to get there. to me theres no better way of doing it other than plodding and slight tweekin of the diet.
  • Options
    lucky you t1 is it down due to the plodds
  • Options
    Wow - that's amazing bet you feel all pulled together! Unlike my pic lady ;0)