Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Not feeling qualified to contribute, so I'll just say "well done" and pop back in the morning when boobies are off the menu!!

I did some fartlek in the gym to night. 2 lots of 15 mins. Marvellous.

Night night
  • Options
    slow running is definitely in
  • Options
    had a guy in the gym the other day who runs awfully . like a horse trot .lands flatfooted making huge racket ,someone asked me to speak to him as they couldnt bear it any longer.before i had the chance he came in to me limping holding his leg ,asking for remedies for his calf muscle. the point is i had spoken to him when he first joined ,but he knew better! the gym has been a lot quieter this week!
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Quick, go and get CoachB. He's won a load of free kit just for being CoachB. Lucky B.

No run for me this morning - weather more suitable for ducks.

I'm with you on the treadie-hoggers. There's a couple of lasses who used tocome to our gym who walked (and talked) at window-shopping speed. "Get off the bl00dy machine and walk round the Trafford Centre."

Twin 2 now has pukiness. Barf-smelling weekend ahead.

Plod well, Plodders

XB
  • Options
    Ey thenk yow!

I am a real person.
    Honest ......
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Here, by the way, Miss Trinity1.

Can you believe that we had no Calpol in the house last night. What kind of parents are we?

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Morning CoachB. Well done!! Don't forget we pool all our winnings!!
  • Options
    Oooh - we've got someone famous on our forum....

<poddler poddles off in a mightily impressed way to go and do some w*k>

Hope to pop in later
  • Options
    Hi-ho! Impressive stuff CoachB - nice to see you! I'm just flitting in & out from work - just managed a very slow 4 miles (so going to call it a recovery jog, will work out what I'm recovering from later). Hope you all have good weekends & don't get too blown about! No long run for me this weekend - off to the Lakes for a good old soaking (hopefully of the amber variety).
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Good tip, T1. Thanks. I'll be cruising the Pharmacies of the Rossendale Valeey at lunchtime!! In the rain.
  • Options
    HEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!!

CoachB!!!!!!!!

(that's all I have to say on the subject)
  • Options
    Hi all,

Well done CoachB, famous plodder.

Hope you are all well and plodding smoothly. Wind here is terrible today but I couldn't go out anyway. I feel really ill thses last few days. 1st doctor said its IBS which I suffer from on and off but 2nd doctor says its a kidney infection and has precribed antibiotics and pain killers and I have to go back and see him this afternoon. All I know is that nothing seems to be helping and I'm fed up with feeling like carp.

That's my moan over. Back to plodding next week I hope.

Head count a good idea Trinity. There was a few peeps looking in who haven't been around for a little while. Wonder how they're are doing.
  • Options
    Hello pepes - just checking briefy
    Looking for a 10k sometime in June within
    easy reach of Bucks - am doing the race for life in May and 1/2M in July so a nice little 10K somewhere would be awfully nice thankyou!
    Can only find one in Wooburn so may have to go for that if I am off work
    Glad to see all is ok with everyone
    I'm at work so it can wind and rain all it likes!!

• Options
    Morning - em just!
    At work in office all by myself so what else to do but check out the forums!

CoachB - well done you, nic pic are you going to be in mag?

XB - sympathies, watch out for rip off ones tastes not the same according to my son - who won't have anything other than calpol! He has expensive taste like his mother :0)

Larraine - Not nice, hope you feel better soon.

Trin1 - Head counts good idea - and yeh how come carolD not blessed us from the sunny shores of Oz? - Not even a postcard.

Managed to get fat monitor working last night and am 27% too high need to tweak more than just diet me thinks.
  • Options
    Jammie - it'll be the fat monitor that needs tweaking. It's bound to be wrong. It'll be giving you readings that are too high.
    (Keep repeating this in your head, as a mantra!!!!).
    Cough, cough - extremely flattered (and amused) about the remote possibility that pic will be in mag, they certainly didn't mention that. Oh, I'm sorry, perhaps you meant ANOTHER sort of magazine? Perhaps one with a "nudge-nudge" type of title like "Do It Slowly"?!?!?!?

...... and I'm too polite to pass any comment on YOUR piccie!!

larraine - biggest hugs poss over the interwebnettything. Feel for you. Keep positive. Keep talking to us, won't you.

CoachB
  • Options
    oooooh = its just no goood....
  • Options

Cant wait any longer.....
  • Options

600 - whoopppeeee!!!