Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options

Can I just say.........

..AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

.....I sometimes think I speak a different language to the bosses round here........

• Options
    Hold the front page

At 0(yes that's a zero)6.45 this morning I was in a swimming pool

2500m before breakfast was unusual

Murph done

Mountain biking done

Second breakfast done

Is it bedtime yet?
  • Options

Not quite!

lovely PB Spence image

((( Sluggy ))) hope you're feeling better today xx

another 70's driller filler here! Not been back since I had a crown done nearly a year ago @ £400+. Mr Tubs, who is a few months off 59 has never had a filling and has all 4 wisdom teeth which came through no problem.  Grrrrr! 

Melting down somewhat at the moment, op not til 5 Feb but I'm getting so wound up!

((((( waisters )))))

• Options

Tubs, getting wound up now won't be good for you, find something to take your mind off it, go and chase a few hairy ankle biters round the field image

• Options

meldy's right tubs - nowt you can do about it this far ahead! have a hug (((())))) in fact why not hug Podds? sounds like she needs it!

I'm such a plonker - just missed my train home too!! Flippin eck. Actually on a train now but going to have to spend a second 25 minutes in the freezing waiting room at doncaster - never a good experience let alone twice in one day!

Good luck with FC6 DLimage Can't think of anywhere i'd rather spend my 16th than with you two image

• Options

Oh i don't know Daffs, the Maldives would come a close second

• Options
    Lol Meldy.

Tubs good advice from Meldy, do something you enjoy, there will be plenty of time to worry closer too!!!

I have a poorly cat. Didn't go out last night, not eaten this morning, in fact he's hardly moved from the bed, there is evidence of a little poo in the litter, still not interested in food. He hiding on the bed. If he doesn't eat today it'll be a dash to the vets tomorrow. This is how it started with the kidney failure last time. So fingers crossed its nothing more than a hard-to-digest mouse and he'll be ok tomorrow.
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Thank you Tubbs image

Have a (((((((Tubbs)))))) I know it must be difficult but try not to get worked up just yet!

Oh dear Daffs image

We're having a spot of the white stuff image
  • Options

Just passing through on the way to a very early night.  image  (looks like a yawn to me).

Hugs to all in need.  

• Options

Snails, don't think you have a cat flap but I'd keep him in and monitor, try him with a tin of tuna and see if that kickstarts the appetite

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Morningimage 

DL is on residential? Is that a euphemism for locked up in the loony bin;-) hope things work out withFC 6  A birthday is a great excuse to have fun n get to know her.

(((Tubbs))) Hard not to worry with so much at stake and past experience but WAISTer vibes will be with youimage 

((((Sluggy)))) How generous of emess to share his germblies! Hope hes got his nurses uniform on now.

Daffy,, not a great start to your day. People at work moan about getting stuck behind bin lorries, they should swap and encounter the hazards cyclists do!

Podds, loving yourdirty dykesimage  Motivation to get out cycling and plodding isn't easy when its cold so you have my sympathy

Well plodded snailyimage 

Chuggy, I think you've missed a leaf over there!

Better look sharp, team meeting with deputy director first then meeting her Ladyship the CEO I guess with 50,000 staff, she might not know my name;-) Good negative split run last night n allocated my job for club inaugural 10k- not toilet dutyimage 

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Oooh well run Yummity image

Hope you're gonna be on your best behaviour today!!

Me,dy/Nogs bike question. Mr Spence is going to get a turbo thingiemejig for his bike. Oooh thought I cross training!! Now as I've never done such a thing what should I be doing that compliments the running....short & sharp or long & slow!!? Anything I should watch out for!?
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Pedestrians, Spence, watch out for pedestrians. They're my biggest problem. A quickie and something where the pleasure is drawn out? Hmmm, both have their benefits;-) 

• Options

Surely not pedestrians when she's on a turbot?

Morning. Bye!

• Options

Morning from a cold and frosty southland. 

Yums, your running is going so well at the moment. How you do it with the job overload and the not-so-mini's, I can't imagine. But if the big boss lady doesn't know your name, she bliddy well ought to!!

DL, going straight from childless to the proud possessor of a 16 year old may be a slight culture shock [evil laugh]! But as Yums said, her birthday gives you a positive initial focus, and just knowing she will be there for more than a few days will make it easier for everyone to relax. 

Spence on a turbo......{settles back in seat, procures popcorn and waits for the show to begin}

(((Snaily and kitty)))) How is he this morning? He's been unwell since before the weekend, hasn't he? Really hope he's starting to feel better, it's so worrying for you. xx

Onesie, it looked like a yawn to me too! Hope you got a good sleep. It can make all the difference. 

Daffs, you must surely have exorcised all your bad luck yesterday! Missing two trains is carp, especially when it involves standing on a cold, draughty platform for half an hour; but that driver's behaviour was horrible. Cyclists are so vulnerable, it infuriates me when someone in a car does that!!! Anyway, hopefully today will be better. 

Sluggie, glad MS is better, but it sounds like you are still in the wars. I hope at least the coughing has abated, cos that has to be the WORST with your back. Take things as easy as you can. xxx

Melds, that was a start-to-the-day and a half you had there!! Mucho impressed, IM isn't going to know what hit it!!

Podds, well swembled, especially as I'm guessing that things at work are on their usual bumpy trajectory... xx

((((Tubs))) Wot everyone else said, but I know if it were my eyes I'd be feeling the same way. But you do seem to have confidence in your medics, so that's what I'd focus on. xxxx Oh, and maybe a trip over to the flatlands in the spring to see the bulbfields through your newly-fettled peepers? image

((((FarFar))) Cold, dark, overwork....not a good look for anyone image Hope something unexpectedly lovely happens today!

Arms and shoulders aching somewhat from shifting a zillion leaves (I counted) but the garden is looking better already. Cold now, and clouding up, so we might get a bit of snow, we'll see. I've bought two copies of Charlie Hebdo, they are on sale here and people are buying them as I do: not because you like or approve of the mag (I don't think it's necessary to insult other people's beliefs) but to show support for freedom of speech. For the first time and probably only time, I agree with David Cameron: no one has to to watch/read/buy what they don't like, but freedom of speech has to include the liberty to be offensive. And lots of signs 'Je suis Charlie', 'Nous sommes tous Charlie' and boy did the spellchecker not like that!!). People want to know what we from 'oop north' think, I tell them we are behind them all the way. 

Happy days, all, stay warm! xxx

• Options

Morning All

More exam results from November today....both my mentees have passed and one has exceeded his expected / target grade........I'll see him today for our weekly meeting but can't tell him...

....first time I've been hamstrung by my own job's regulations!!! image

Laters - best go let SLT know the good news image

• Options

PS - sorry, forgetting my manners image .........all that Chuggy said to everyone image she does it in such a masterful fashion image

• Options

morning all

yes what Chuggy said image

Spence - all I can tell you about the turbo is - you won't like it image

nice running there Yumms you are on a roll!

I failed this morning - got up for my run but must have left garmin on cos it was out of battery - gah! so I need to go out tonight now which is awkward as always late on Wednesdays, need to walk dogs and eat  - gah!

• Options

Radical suggestion Jenni..........run without garmin? image image

I know you like your data (and so do I) and for me who hates running it helps get me out the door, but you love your running so couldn't you just go "for the fun of it"? 

**shudders at the idea of run for fun**

• Options

Ya mean we don't run for fun?image    I knew I was doing something wrong.  image

I third what Chuggy said.  So much more eloquent than anything I could say.  BTW Chuggy, when is a good time to see the tulip fields in flower?

Spence is getting all turbo powered?!  We'll never catch her now.

Done a 3.5 mile walk this morning cos my quads and hamstrings are reminding me that however fancy my personal trainer labels it, I did squats yesterday.  Never a good mix, me and squats.  Now I'm off to the next county to be a case study for a friend who's studying reflexology.  Not sure she realises what she's getting  image.

Morning everyone else.

• Options

Just realised Noggs is very quiet.  Is all well in Noggyland?  Or is Penny keeping him busy?

• Options

Hi everyone image

Snaily - how is the TT today?

((((Tubs)))) - beginning of Feb doesn't seem that far away to me, tbh so I can understand you getting stressy about it already.  I would probably be the same.

Thanks for all the kind words about my friend.

I ran yesterday for the third time since our holibob image and am moaning like crazy about how much it hurts, how much weight I've put on and isn't it ever going to feel easier?!  But we've got a plan and we're sticking to it.  I am overweight at the moment and need (for the sake of my knees if nothing else) to shed the excess baggage.  Am feeling a bit disappointed in myself that I have put on so much over the past few months but I need to get over that and just focus on doing something about it - which I am.

Hope you all have a happy hump day - it gets to this point in the week and I don't seem to dislike my job as much as I do on Mondays.  I can't think why that might be....image

• Options

I've rejoined Slimming World coco - left in October and put a stone back on since then image So easy to do! 

Tsk Jenni, Podds is right - get out there anyway! (mind you, I didn't follow that advice when my own garmin ran out before the marathon!) image

Well done for your mentee Podds, that's ace news image VERY frustrating not to be able to tell him though!

Well raked chuggy image 

We have a good 4 inches of snow here and it's still going. I'm feckin FREEZING and just don't seem to be able to get warm - got a giant woolly cardi, fingerless gloves, hot water bottle, thermal socks and 2 electric heaters and contemplating wrapping myself in a blanket but feel that may be even less conducive to working than my current arrangement! Brrrr. 

Going to meeting tonight but will NOT be driving - definitely wearing thermal socks though, don't want any more chilblains! image

• Options

Just dashing through.

Tried the tuna trick, but TT not interested.  Took a turn for the worst last night, wouldnt move, everytime I touched his belly he would growl and breathing was very rapid. Dash to vets this morning, he's on a drip and anti'bs.  Temp is very high they think he has a kidney infection.  He is prone to them, last time I nearly lost him because he was so dehydrated his kidneys were in early failure.  This time I've hopefully acted quicker realising the signs. 

I've got to pick him up tonight.

• Options

((((((((TT))))))))))) and (((((snaily))))

Good you recognised the signs and have taken him in..........

~~~~~~~~~~TT~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh dear Daffs - I'd go for the blanket and s*d the work........... image  Nothing so exotic as snow here I'm afraid....... image

• Options

no snow here - which is good for driving but I do like the snow when I'm at home

good luck with the weight Coco - some peeps swear by slimmers world to keep under control (my colleague has been going for years and is the same weight for £5 per week image -perhaps not then

Yes I know the garmin thing sounds stupid but I'd rather charge it up so my run later is logged. I upload it but only occasionally so it would be lost otherwise - and why that matters I don't know image 

• Options

Do actually look at what you log Jenni?

Just curious as I also log everything but never review it - not even at the end of the year!!

If anyone asked me how many miles / kms etc I'd swum, biked or run I wouldn't have a clue for any given period of time!! 

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Oh dear Snaily ~~~~~~~TT~~~~~~ hope he's back home this evening.

I upload & of course look at what I've done, doesn't make me any fasterimage

Podds you were supposed to be on the end of the Meldy/Nogs question!

Slimmer Workd only works if you stick with it, there's plenty of people at our group Far Far like your colleague, I wasn't going to pay any longer than I needed too so followed it to-the-letter. & I keep it off by going every couple of weeks & to sticking to the changes I made. Feel so much better for it.

I've been Georgina-ed, which is much like being Dave-d only cheaper!!! Whilst there I got a call from Mr Spence saying Phil was about to drop a load on the drive, so I've come home & moved what logs I could...in the drizzle....so hair looks shite now!!! Oh well club this eve so was never going to stay nice long!
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

(((TT, Snaily and Snail's bank balance))) Hope he's more like himself when you pick him up this evening.

When I see how dependent some of you guys are on your garmins, it makes me glad I never had one! We did buy one to share but that was right at the end of my running 'career' so I didn't really use it.

(((Daffs))) 

~~~ DL, OH and FC6 ~~~ as long as she settles well, it will be good all-round to get some stability. It's so good that kids stay in care for longer, I seem to recall that used to stop at 16?

Chuggy, it's either leaf clearing or weeding, isn't it? I think that would make me dread going back down to France!

Coco, don't beat yourself up about the weight gain, you've had a lot to contend with.

(((Tubs))) it's only natural to be anxious, especially when you have had so much done to your peepers. Is this the 'relaxing' procedure that you are waiting for?

I'm afraid that I'm struggling to remember what anyone else has said, so I'll take the easy way out and second Chuggy's comments!

Did anyone see Paul O'Grady with the orphan animals last night? The baby rhino made me think of Tubs, Thandie and Thandybaby image P O'G seems to really care about the animals,he comes across as a good guy.

We currently have a workman here doing some electrical stuff for us. He needs access to the bedroom so I have to be 'up' and he's making lots of noise. We did go out and do a sluggie, but I wasn't up to staying out for long. I just wanno go to bed!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx