Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options

LOL image  good old GPO imageimage

On that topic however, I am slightly concerned about this summer however........remember what happened last time you went to Klagenfurt......

• Options

LOL GPO

Teenage girl in the house, DL will be running a marathon soon!  Hope it goes well.  And hope you have got unlimited broadband, you are gonna need it!

(((Penny)))  keep up the good work Noggs

I have a dilemma: if I put the recycling bins out tonight they may end up in the next town!  If I leave it until tomorrow morning I might miss the men.  oooooo what to do!

You have all reminded me I need a toof check up.  Daffs hope you are feeling better today.

I did Jantastic day 3 today, dashed out the door why it wasn't raining.  I'm feeling ok, I'm only doing 5ks but all good so far.

And I have another dilemma.  Not sure if you can remember DIL dog Ralph, little yorkie, lovely dog.  Well she is rehoming him (she has split with hubby and doesn't have time.....I know,I'm annoyed too!) anyway, ex has asked if I want him.

NOW, I've wanted Ralph for ages, spoken to friend and she really wants to dog share.  She will dog walk in the week with the kids along the beach (her hubby said he wants weekend access too!!!!LOL) 

The only thing I have in the back of my mind is will it give ex an excuse to keep in touch with me

• Options

We have a FB page??  I'll have to go look later.  If you get an ask to join from a female with initials LB that'll be me.

Why do I like the flatlands?  The people seem nice and friendly - not that I've met loads - and I feel comfortable there.  Nothing really concrete, just a nice warm fuzzy feeling.  As to when, dunno.  We haven't got that far in the planning yet.  Hopefully when it's warm enough to hit Nordwijk beach for the evening.

Gosh, Nogs.  Penny has done a proper job hasn't she.  I hope the MRI goes well and the recovery is relatively quick.

I'd have been a bit miffed too, Daffs, if my day had started like that.  Hope today was better.

Hugs to all waisters in need.

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Ahh thank you LB! That was my question!! I have 3 people waiting to join the page but don't want to add anyone till I know who they are!!!

Gosh Snaily, they haven't be wed long! Poor little Ralph!

Eeek DL! Yes I can see marathon training suddenly looking attractive!!image
  • Options

Can he say his own name?

• Options

I might have cheated slightly in Jantastic (just read the rules!). I only did a 20 min treadie last night, - thought it was at least a mile that counted, but it's 30 minutes. Ah, well ... If I swim tomorrow will that make up for it?

No news for Mr P. Wish it would happen soon so we can make plans. I don't really want to book a few days away at half-term then have to cancel - I like to know what's what, don't enjoy uncertainty. They will let him know a fortnight before, although he has siad he would be happy to go in at short notice.

I have tooth problems too. I am having a crown on a molar next week - it has a very large filling that has been added to over the years and 2 bits of tooth have come away over the last year. (most of my fillings are from a childhood of not looking after my teeth! regrets ... which is why I've tried to keep on top of Pippette)

Coco - that's good that you have a plan B. Apparently a58 is the optimum age to get out of teaching - more years retired with little loss of pension ...? hmmmm? But I don't know how affordable that is - I'm all for the quality of life, but I don't want to do anything too rash!

Lovely day here - then the wind got up this afternoon ... I'm off to PIlates though, so that will warm me up a bit. Surprisingly. (felt my abs last week, but not until over 24 hours later. It must be doing me some good.)

• Options

Who was it asked about oils?  I've looked back but I seem to be suffering from rapid-onset blindness.  image  I've just started with DoTerra (the whole 'independent consultant' thing).  I'm still getting to grips with the whole get people to come to classes (their word for the party plan bit) but am really falling in love with the oils themselves.  I can thoroughly recommend Deep Blue for any achy muscles.  Smells like dentist mouthwash tastes but does the job on the acute stuff.  I'm now testing it for chronic niggles (imminent frozen shoulder no 2).  The lemon oil is good for getting the smell of garlic/onion out your hands - and gives a nice taste to cake mix.  I could go on but wouldn't want to fall foul of the Admin (whoever wears that hat).  Now I'm on the FB group if you want to know more, friend me and we can take it from there.

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Pippi, yep, what you said about teeth. Mine are terrible. Kids brilliant image

FP, sorry I missed the bit about your shoe. Eek! That could have been nasty!!

The article is definitely going ahead, not sure when!

This week seems to have flown by!

Mr Soence has a job interview today. Can keep up!? No neither can I!! *rolls eyes*

As long as the mortgage gets paid I don't care!!
  • Options

Morning all. Clear skies here for the first time in weeks! Hurray. (Won't last, of course, but nice for now image

((((Mr Spence's job interview))) Hope he gets it if he wants it, Spence. Think we've all seen how far dentistry has come in our own lifetimes, our kids won't have half the trouble we have. Of course, Spence, you can tell RW that they have to pay for whatever it costs to get you a pearly white smile, now that you're one of their cover girls! image

Snaily, Ralph is gawjuss! And your 'dogshare' sounds perfect. Make sure it's clear that he is YOUR dog, not the neighbours', just in case someone moves house or something---get his chip registered to you. As to the ex, it's nothing to do with him so no need for contact; if he's looking for excuses to say in touch, he'll find them, no matter what you do or don't do so don't base any decision on that. 

Melds, the GPO really is a thug, isn't he? Or rather, he wants to be a thug but doesn't quite dare image I'm with Podds: sympathy to the little black cat! Actually, black cats have it tough: they are apparently the last to be adopted etc. which is sad. 

Sluggie, could you tell the new director that you really don't like singing tenor, and see if he will just leave you on the alto line? They did have openings for ALTOS, not tenors, so it's a fair point! hope it turns out to be a nice group to sing with. How is SB getting on his new life? 

(((((JFF)))) When work is both exhausting and frustrating, it can really make life uphill going. 

Onesie, liking the people and feeling comfortable is a great reason for liking the flatlands! You're right on both counts. I just wondered if you'd spent time here, that's all. Interesting about your essential oils, too---do they work by scent, or chemically on the skin, or what? Maybe both? 

Pippi, really hope Mr P gets his date soon, it's very awkward standing on one foot and not daring to make any plans! Good luck with your tooth, usually a crown isn't a problem. 

Anyone watching Penelope Keith's series on hidden villages? I saw my first one last night---bad move! I don't get homesick for England too often, but by the end of it I wanted to sit down in the middle of the floor and howl 'I WANT TO GO HOME!!!!!' Some amazingly beautiful places. 

I have wronged Mr C. He did get me an anniversary present all on his own: book called 'The Hanged Man: a story of miracle, memory and colonialism in the middle ages'. Now, that is true love image And we're going out to lunch to celebrate---33 years! As my dad always used to say, with a wicked glance at my mum (whom he adored), 'Seems like longer!' image Happy days all xxx

• Options

Morning All

Does anyone else have a mucked up screen where all posts are right margined and the bottom bit is up on the right hand side?  Had it at home last night and still have it today at work!

Gentle Chugger wrote (see)

Actually, black cats have it tough: they are apparently the last to be adopted etc. which is sad.  

Too true Chuggy image - not just the cats - our local greyhound kennels are 90% black dogs.........again all the other colours are always picked first...........it's heartbreaking....... image

Have a wonderful lunch with Mr C - and don't forget to make us all incredibly envious by coming back later and telling us all about it image

• Options

morning - just

Yes, Podds I  have the ‘right justified’ text as well.

Chuggs, the ‘Hanged Man’ is that about William Crach? He was supposedly hung twice and survived, ended up being canonised. This was local to me, and the castle where he was held prisoner still stands (just). 

Can’t stop, I  have a full on day today, done my spin and lower body stuff, now to make lunch, and bake cakes for a 2 year olds party tomorrow, and WI this afternoon. It’s all go image

• Options

morning all just out of a  meeting

ooh Dragon your day sounds nice image

crikey Spence Mr Spence gets through a few jobs! I'm rubbish at changing jobs but its probably good to move about a bit

I have a black cat and a black dog (and a white dog and a white cat)

my boys both have pretty good teeth too and mine are more filling than teeth and are starting to collapse! I think a lot of it is because in the 70's dentist practice was to drill all the teeth away and fill the lot! also flouride in the water has helped our kids teeth

I am sticking to Jantastic and have swum again! hoorah! really thought I would struggle with it after a 2 year absence but swam 80L FC and 10L BS with no problem. love being back in the pool and not deaf this week image

and 3 miles plodded this morning

and my big boy is 23 today image how did that happen?

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Happy Birthday FartyBoy.

~~~ Mr Spence~~~ 

Pippi, I can well understand the need to have things organised and know when Mr P's op might be. I do hope you hear something soon.

I agree, Dragon's day does sound nice - although not the 2YO's bday party!

Snaily, when does Ralph move in? image

Awww, poor ikkul black cat, got stuck in and terrorised by big ginga image I'm another one in favour of black cats having one, and a black + white, myself. Although, having had my darling Chivvie for 19 years, I am also rather fond of gingas.

MS is suffering from manflu, he was coughing all night and won't be goinginto w*rk today. He's rarely unwell and has hardly taken any days off sick in years so I can't complain - although I am a bit anxious as he had to take Monday off to get the new taxi on the road.

I have aquagymmed and hit Tesco's with SM, that's enough for 1 day!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxx

• Options

There must be something in the air.  Mr O is feeling less than stellar, though he did manage to go to work today.  I'm trying to keep him at arms length because germ warfare is his speciality.

How did Mr Spence's interview go?

Not sure I have the stamina for a 2YO birthday party.  Good luck with that, Dragon.  Hope your cakes come out yummy.

Only a few days Chuggie, though I keep badgering Mr O to look for a position where he was seconded to over summer - I went over to visit him.  Not sure it'll happen but I can live in hope.  As for how do oils work, I've just finished that module on a course I'm doing.  I'll spare you ALL the detailed biochemical gubbins (cos I'm not sure I've got my head round it all yet).  The oils slowly penetrate the various layers of the skin.  The molecules are then transported via the blood system around the body, and they "get off and go to work" where needed.  The airborne pathway is actually 2 separate pathways.  You breathe in the aroma (that contains molecules of the oil), it gets into the lungs and crosses the membrane in the same way that you exchange gases when breathing in and out.  Then it's in the blood system and carries on as above.  Then there's the smell receptors in your nose that trigger a chemical response when the sniff the aroma.  This response triggers your olfactory bulb in the brain, which then sends signals 2 different ways.  One is to your memory area (limbic system) and you either remember nice things or nasty things about the smell (depending on the odour in question) and your body responds accordingly; the second pathway is to the thalamus which enables you to associate the smell with a given plant - eg rose oil reminds you of roses.  (You still with me?  lol)

Gosh, I must have learnt more than I thought.  I only had to check my notes about the second pathway at the end there.

• Options

Oh how exciting - I'm the right way round again and so is everyone else

Thought for the weekend.........

PS - Don't read if of an emotional disposition..............

They said that it was Monday,
    It's when my week would start.
    I hoped one of the visitors
    Would take me into their heart.
    But Monday came and went
    And no-one took me home.
    So I was still there Tuesday
    In a kennel, all alone.

Wednesday's the same as the others,
    People come and go.
    They look at me and smile,
    But no interest do they show.
    Thursday's the same, it's boring.
    The concrete floor is hard.
    More strange faces pass me by,
    No-one looks at my card.

Friday and I'm feeling sad,
    The barking is so very loud.
    I spend the day in the corner,
    Not moving, not making a sound.
    The staff say I am kennel-stressed,
    My personality cannot shine.
    But I feel like no-one wants me,
    and I'm running out of time.

Apparently it's now weekend,
    And lots of people come.
    One lady stops and talks to me.
    Could she be my new mum?
    She fetched a lead and let me out.
    We took a little walk.
    Her voice was soft and gentle,
    I liked listening to her talk.
    We walked back to the kennel
    And my heart sank to the floor,
    As she unclipped my lead,
    Turned away, and softly closed the door.

Then a different lady came
    And on my card she wrote one word.
    The word she wrote would free me.
    The word she wrote?.........RESERVED!

• Options

Awww Podds  - can't bear it image  

I'm such a softy when it comes to unwanted animals.

I have a black cat and a chocolate brown cat image  Both rescue animals chosen on the same day, but I did choose the black one first.  It breaks my heart to know that black cats are the last to be adopted.

Actually it breaks my heart to know that there just ARE animals that need adopting.

I'm off to cuddle my cats now.

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Ahhh Podds!

Biggun is 23!!!? Wow Far Far you must be well old!!!image

Mr spence has gone straight to his parents, his dad is out of hospital so no news on interview yet!! And yes Far Far I lose track!!!

I'm off to road test my big pants!! I normally go commando but club mates & I have got some bright legs for our race on Sunday...now they are from M&S & have horrible seams so there is no way I can go commando I'd be in a right state!!! So I have bought some big running pants!! They actually feel quite cosy....
  • Options

I've swum too, but not nearly as far as JFF!!! image 32 lengths +/- where I lose count. I usually do 40 then try a bit more, but that felt just right. Pippette turned up as I was drying my hair (she had been going to run, but it's sleeting - she is probably doing a half-marathon on Sunday on about 1 run .. but she's young and fit and will just hurt a bit on Monday!)

Funnily enough, 2 minutes later one of our TAs turned up with her daughter who is also called Pippette image. I normally don't see anyone I know.

We are off to the pictures tonight to see Wild. Will report back.

• Options

Whichever of you lovely peeps has been talking to me about Park Run on FB, I've registered.  Not sure it'll happen tomorrow as the chauffeur has manflu.

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

Evening all

Read back a while ago and have forgotten much. There was a Ralph, an interview, some romance, a lot of swimming, an ickle back cat hostage, a birthday, some cake baking and some lurgy.

What you may not have noticed in your busy lives, is,  that at approximately 7.20 am a minor miracle took place in the midlands. Run 3 survived - that's not just 3 runs in one year but also in one week. You can call me Paula.

Also met possible FC6 today. Things looking positive, we are happy to accept, just need her and her social workers to consider a couple of things such as her desire to discover more about Islam and get more involved and the fact that we don't run a Halal household and will never be fully able to. That and she wants a puppy. ..... don't we all, apart from the cats, and the OH

Happy weekend

• Options

I mended the thread for you    image

Run number 3 DL ?? You'll nearly be outnumbering your FC   image

one hour left and then home to snoresville

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Run 3 !? Who are you and what have you done to DL!? *shocked face*
  • Options

Morning

Sleep well Meldy

Aliens have taken over DL!

I’ve spent the morning cleaning ready for the 2 year old’s party. I know that by 4 O Clock I’ll be wondering why I bothered image

However, there will be cake image

• Options

morning

Flippin eck DL, what happened, you trying to escape the cats!  Good luck with those issues to work round.

Podds that made me well up.

Hope you have paracetamol to had dragon.  If not some gin

Spence goes commando (I was going to insert a shocked face, then I realised I wasn't really shocked!!!)

I've done and extra Jantastic run, that's 4 in a week. (insert shocked face!)  Beautiful morning, though I didn't go out until 11 because of a crap night sleep. Very enjoyable, met a few doggies and dodged a few kids on scooters. 

On the doggie front, I'm upset and angry.  I said to ex, see if Ralph can be rehomed with someone who is at home more than me (retired or non workers that kind of thing), but if she couldn't find anyone I would have him for sure.  You know what he said........ she is going to put him in the dogs home, I wouldn't be suitable because how I am now I wouldn't care for him.  I'm so angry.  I've told him if I find out hes at the dogs home I will personally drive up to stoke and get him myself.  And stop trying to have a dig at me and think about that dog.  He sent a few abusive txt but I ignored him.

I'm keeping an eye out on the dogs homes websites, but I really don't think she would do that.

• Options

I can never understand the black cat thing either, a pure black cat has such a beautiful silky sheen to its fur, if it wasnt for my love of silver tabbies I would get one. Mind you, Roni wants a black cat, so I have said when we have finished our building project, she can have one, provided I can get another tabby same age at the same time. Back to a 4 cat household then image,,,,=^..^=,,,,image

Teeth.... JFF your right about the 70's dentists, mine have been a train wreck most of my life and have fallen out with my last 3 dentists over poor work. It wasnt until in desparation I bit the bullet and went to a local private dentist, that they finally got sorted  out. She is such a good one, its well worth paying the extra. I even managed to pursuade Roni to do the same a month ago, and her first words after the visit were 'Sally is brilliant, I didnt realise how much of a butcher my previous was'

24 slow miles last night, Ave HR 132 image heel still painful so staying easy.

I STILL havent got around to posting a few of our mountain pics from Ronis B Day holiday before XMas image

Clearing loft junk today, making space ready for the beams arrival in 4-5 weeks, when the project goes full on image

• Options

Eepers bejeepers it's a little on the parky front out there today.............

Morning All

Got shamed this morning.........went out on the bike for a short ride (late start partly due to kitchen guy and partly due to ice etc), stopped off for jet ski cafe veggie brekkie (a must at the end of a local saturday ride) and just as got home passed a club mate out running..........

So what? I hear you think.........well, we'd already passed him on the way out and he was still running strong whilst we were back home and had stopped for brekkies and had been on bikes...........he is well 'ard !! image

Good luck Dragon - rather you than me a thousand times................

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

(((Snaily and Ralph))) image

Podds, that did make me image I was watching P O'G at Battersea the other day, every time I watch there is at least one dog that I fall in love with. SB said that he and the ex gf (I wonder how long it will be before I get used to saying that?) visited Battersea one day - I really don't understand how they came away without a dog!

Cheesy, sorry that your heel is giving you gip image

Pipps, what did you think of'Wild'? 

MS is still ailing so no w*rk again. The weather is much calmer than the past few days although it has turned quite a lot colder. Another quiet day is on the cards.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    I have a black pussy image

Oh Snaily, he really is a barstool.

I didn't parkrun, saving myself for tomorrow's Not The Roman 1X, 12k race & then brunch at club mates posh house image

After 28 years I bought myself a new dressing gown image I reckon this one will see me outimage
  • Options

Excuse brief and antisocial visit but in throes of packing for France. Departure 0630 tomorrow. As usual, I'm taking a ridiculous amount of food, enough for nearly a week; insane when shops are fine there! But I can't rid myself of the thought that if the weather turns we may not be able to get to the shops (and 2 years ago, we couldn't! Mr C doesn't make fun of me any moreimage

((((Snaily))) One of the saddest and most horrible parts of a split is how nasty and mean people can be. I'm so sorry. But if you call the shelter, maybe you CAN get Ralph still? 

Well cycled, Podds!!!! You ain't soft yourself!

Mr C says the shower is unoccupied so I'm away. Will check in from The Other Side. Happy Sundays all, stay warm! xxxx