Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    I was planking in the staff room today Far Far, I'm going for a Jessica Ennis-Hill stomach!!!!! *hysterial laughing*

Hurrah for Scott image
  • Options
    westie retired wrote (see)

PODDS !!!!!!!! 70 is young image

LOL Westie - you are of course a shining example of 70+ still being young imageimage and putting some of the rest of us to shame too! image

Just going to jump in the shower then an early'ish night I think

Tomorrow I have to be up stupidly early to walk the dogs and they cycle into work for the biggest and most complex exam day this season.....then try and duck out of work early to cycle the 20 odd miles to Fowlmead (from work) to get there in time to marshal a club duathlon before cycling the 17 odd miles home, hopefully arriving getting home before it's dark!! image

• Options

Meldy - got your email, will get back to you tomorrow evening (or more likely Friday the way tomorrow's going!!) but all basically hunky dory image

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Evening,

Welcome home Dragon and Coco, you have both been missed!

Sterkte Podds. Good job it's June, you have the best chance of getting home before dark.

DL, it was a good move to not tell OH that the flowers were reduced. That way, you still get full brownie points.

Westie, you are a shining example to us all. Speshally to the other WAISTer males who have forgotten how to post...

Whatever has Pippi been up to? She'll have to be careful at her age image

Quiet day here, other than having SM over for lunch. Took the very easy option and got fish + chips from the chippy.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options
    Morning . Sun shining and coffee pot on .
  • Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

Morning

I am off work today. It's my first day off this year and I have no plans.

We are living a soap opera this week. It's all high drama.

~~~~~~exam organisation vibes for Podds~~~~~~~

Farty and Spence - what a pair of planks

Sun is shining here too Westie - we must be the righteous ones

Happy Thursday

• Options

morning all

sun here too image

crkiey Podds that sounds like a full on day with added training

Westie you are indeed a shining example! and Scott is a-bliddy-mazing!

~~~~~~~ DL ~~~~~~~~~ calming vibes

I have plodded this morning- it was loverly image did I mention I'm on holiday next week? haha everyone in the house very excited, except the dogs who are doing that "somethings going on" look

• Options

morning

I have been lurking to keep an eye on you lot, but have had a lot going on so haven't been able to contribute to the "running" stuff.

So basically I've had a nightmare with Sis and boyfriend, called the police twice due to threatening messages, but because they have come through FB the laws are different and they cant do anything.  Even though we were directly threatened with "I'm going to burn your house down".  Then she turns up a Nans asking for money, at which point I totally lost it and told her to bugger off (stronger words may have been used).  And made it quite clear that I am not my mother and I wont put up with her behavior.   We'll see what happens.  

I'm dreading the burial of mums ashes, when we are all supposed to be together, but I am ready that if there is any trouble the police will be called again.

Divorce is still going on, we cant agree on finances, so I think I'm going to chuck in the towel.  Its not worth it, I am moving on with my life and I have enough to start building it up again.

Nan is getting better, she is just really old now and seems quite frail.  But shes still out on her mobility scooter most days!!!

So with all that going on, I've hardly been running, and have replaced it with drinking wine.   But this week have felt a lot more positive.  No wine, and have been running and working out.  Told myself to stop stressing and deal with things as they happen.

On a more positive note me and SnailyBloke are getting on great, its such a refreshing change to have fun with someone but also have "space".  He's also encourages me to do stuff and vice-versa.  Hes a keen Archer, so I've encouraged him to pick it back up.    He's bought a house and we've been decorating it.  Well basically we gutted it.  Been great fun, if a bit exhausting!!!

So the runs I've been doing are very basic, with all the drinking etc I'm at the heaviest I've ever been.  Which is quite depressing.  But its all my own doing, so have to un-do it.

And from Friday I'm dog-sitting.  Should be interesting!!!!

Right must crack on

• Options

Morning All

Well plodded, dayed off, coffee oned all image

Crumbs Snaily - does sound though like you're coming out the other side now and moving onwards and upwards

There's a vicious rumour it's sunny here too but I haven't seen outside since arriving at work at 0730 - so long as it's still sunny for my bike / marshal / bike combo this evening I'll be happy image

You going on hols Jen? Don't think you'd mentioned it!! image image  Seriously - hope you have a fab time and get some proper chill and "you" time

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

(((Snaily))) I'm sure you were right to put your foot down with your sis right from the start but how horrible to be getting such messages! Terrible that nothing can be done as they come via FB, here's hoping they are far too cowardly to say anything to your face. I'm so glad you have a nice man in your life, I hope it offsets much of the bad stuff. Sorry to hear that SNan hasn't been too great, I guess it's natural after everything she has been through.

Podds, it looks as if the weather will hold until this evening.

TM had w*rk commitments this arvo so MS took me out for tea. It is a lovely afternoon, hardly a cloud in the sky, but temps still only in high teens.

Speaking of teens - (((DL, OH and FC))) straight into teenage drama without any of the build up that most parents get must be particularly traumatic!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Please forgive my lapse -

imageHAPPY BIRTHDAY CHUGGY!!image

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Happy, Hoppity Birthday lovely Chuggs image

Oh Snaily, once your mum is at rest you can get on with life & forget the sister image

SO glad things are going well with Snailybloke image

DL, hope things calm down.

I have been Craiged, Gordon Bennett!! My little leggies!
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

((((snaily))))) goodness me. Deep breaths. Glad you feel you can call the police if you need to xx

Now then waisterpals - let's have a rousing chorus for Chuggy's birthday! 

All together now - everyone pick a tune and start when you like image

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CHUGGS

YOU MAKE OUR LIFE SO GREAT

WITH ALL YOUR LOVELY SUMMARIES

THAT MEAN WE ON@T]DON'T HAVE TO READ BACK SO MUCH

YOU ARE OFTEN IN A CAR

BUT WHEN YOU ARE NOT

YOU ARE BEING PULLED ALONG BY MONTY

AND BAKING LOTS OF PIES

SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CHUGGS

OUR ONE AND ONLY CHUGGS!

YOU MAKE US FEEL LOVED

SO HERE YOU ARE, HAVE A CAKE! 

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

(I went for the kind of modern, avant garde type of song with no rhymes, could you tell?) 

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

And that blue was intentional, to make it more festive image image

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

I thought it was a translation from the Dutch, Daffs!

Happy birthday . Gelukkige verjaardag!

((((Snaily))) Do what has to be done, then move on. (easy to say, I know)

I was going for a swim, but got bogged down with technical hitches at school and lost the will. Then I came home and got bogged down with technical hitches (but I have eventually convinced the printer that the black cartridge is not empty!) Now I'm writing reports. image yes, that's why the sun is shining ... it's that time of year.

We spotted one of my class crawling with head lice, now I'm itchy. Should have gone swimming to drown them and kill them with chlorine. (I know it's all imagination - I hope!)

• Options

scratches head

I'm sure its all in the mind Pippi! image

Love it Daffs, Happy Birthday Chuggs

Well a long day at work, I'm preparing a business proposal to submit to execs that could generate us a lot of money.  Prob is we're so focused on SAVING money we are missing out on money making opportunities.  So I've gone outside policy and made my dept approx. £10k.  I am either going to get a pat on the back, or the book thrown at me!  But it could be long term.  Lets see.  Very frustrating working for the NHS at the moment, however councils are having it much worse.

So finished wok on time so I could have tea with bloke, then he's gone off to work and I've just finished my draft proposal.  Its time for bed now!!!

Got a big "outing" this weekend.  Me and Bloke are going to a Christening, our first public event image

• Options

Evening

Just made it back before dark - only been out the house 14 1/2 hours today but it was a lovely evening

Happy Birthday Chuggy image image (although Pippi said it so much better with her linguistic skills)

And Daffs - a truly modern extension of the traditional birthday song, wonderful image

Right - shower again.......all I seem to do these days!!  Mr P has just made me a cheese and pickle sarnie to keep body and soul together and then I'm back in a spin class in 9 hours' time...........image

• Options

Evening all   image

Podds, email received ta

Happy Happy Birthday Chuggs, I hope you get all you deserve  image

Snaily, for the record, the law is not different for FB or any other social media if there are direct threats made then they will be assessed and dealt with, there is no seperate law for social media.

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

Snails, I've been thinking about this and I'm pretty sure Meldy is right (of course). Also, have you complained to FB? I think they are pretty good about blocking people or removing their accounts. (I know a colleague who has pupils that try to add her - she always reports them as underage!)

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

Morning 

I would just like to state "teenagers - aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh"

I thank you for your indulgence.

Happy belateds Chuggers  - I echo the sentiments of Daffers poem, if not the creativity.

((((Snaily))) You've been decorating your new bloke??? Sounds interesting 

So Podds - did your kids have to work out how many sweets Hannah had yesterday? *shudders at the thought of maths exams*

Happy nearly the weekend - Far Far - you haven't told us where to meet for our holiday? I'm guessing it's just an oversight.

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

The missing apostrophe - apologies to the pedants.

• Options

morning all,

Must get my shorts and shoes on as promised myself to do another 30 min staggering round the roads and paths this morning.

It looks like another chapter in the age saga as I will be going from Grandad to Great Grandad in a few months time,image.

Anyway one more coffee then out that door if I have not gone by 10 am come and kick me out image

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

Hey great grandad! You still there?? Get out and run.

Oh and congratulations!

• Options

'Decorating the bloke' makes it sound like some sort of strange buckaroo

best Westie has gone out the door or I will need to put my size 10's on

• Options

morning all

happy belated burpday lovely chuggles image

woohoo Westie - get running great grandpa!

(((DL and OH))) ooh teenagers image

crikey Snaily what a pile of poo - you are doing brilliantly and getting on with your life and moving forwards. your little sis needs a slap - bad enough bad mouthing you, but upsetting your nan is unforgivable.

I'm so glad you are having some fun times with new bloke he sounds like just what you need right now image

did I mention....... oh yes I did! last day today, it always seems a massive issue just having some time off work but I will not be giving it a second thought image

• Options

Hello yes I did manage to stagger round for about 2.5 mile run / walking intervals so don't need any kicking especially size 10's. image

On a more serious note lots of vibes for you Snaily ~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

(((DL,OH and FC)))

(((Snaily)))

Well done and congratulations on the forthcoming next generation Westie image

Ewww, Pippi, I hate seeing headlice! FYI, as I recall, chlorine does not kill lice but it does stop insecticides from working properly image

Meldy, interesting re the social media and the law, thank you.

A holiday Jenni? I'm sure you haven't mentioned it before ... image

Podds, I'm glad the day went well, hope today does the same, then can you put your feet up?

It's another nice day here but still only in the teens, nothing like the 'heatwave' we have been promised.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Been gorgeous up north Sluggy! I've been out in the garden with no shoes on image 

Congratulations Westie! image You must be positively ancient image Mind you, Mr Daffs is a Great Uncle which amuses me no end image (although technically I suppose that makes me some kind of great aunt image )

8.1 miles for me this morning image Getting to be kind of a regular thing round here... Think I'm just avoiding other stuff image 

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Daught had the sweet question...

Have a fab hollibob Far Far image where you off to?
  • Options

I can't even think about the sweet question and I'm OK with sums

crikey Daffs - 8 miles nice image

we're going to Lanzagrotty again Spence - surely I've mentioned it image feeling relaxed already