Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options

oh podds, hope you loosen up soon

dragon - how awful about the theft. There have been a series of burglaries in our area recently which is worrying

yes, I am entered for outlaw half this year, and lots of running stuff too. Nice to be back at masters swimming and chat to my friends

• Options

Go Daffs and XB! It's a bit damp and grey but at least the fog lifted. I did want to pop down and see them but decided to go to church as I have things to sort out (Paperwork) and need to get it over and done with

• Options

Ive seen pics on FB  image

Podds, anyone get a video ??   image

Still coughing here, didnt help by forgetting to turn the CH off last night, think I dehydrated good and proper!

Off out tonight which will either kill or cure I suspect, wont be late tho and I am driving !

• Options

do you remember the girl from my class that was so badly injured over a year ago in a car crash

http://www.radionewark.co.uk/news/sport/the-inspirational-victoria-lyon/

I am so proud of her and her determination. She is still having physical therapy and has regained her speech but she is brilliant

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Hello.

Blimey, DL, that theft awful... that they didn't take your C&W CDs. Galling that someone removed the cash from your purse but as you say, it could be worse. Hopefully the drops will keep your peepers healthy.

Podds, that fall sounds bad. Have you thought of doing the staying steady programme? It helps elderly people avoid trips and falls image Hope you're not too bruised and that the boys are looking after you. How is Tom adjusting to you being at work?

Pippi, stop bragging that you're not back at work yet. Your turn will come image Park run sounds like a family affair.

Chuggy, how lovely for Mr Cs friend to have your support at a difficult time. It makes such a difference. As for cleaning 3 bathrooms... are you running a B&B image

M..... eldy, sorry Luigi is still on your chest. Persistent devil. You and half the country seem to be suffering.

Sue, it really saddens me to think people are mean enough to steal a sweet horse's blanket. It's pretty low. Hope Roxy is ok

Sluggy, I hope your sellers find somewhere they like soon. SM leg sounds nasty and these things can be slow to heal in older folk.

Farfar, I say no to working on BHs! Make sure you take that day off. How is young Ned these days? Any news on Mr FFs ankle?

MC that young lady has done amazingly well image

I started work so purposefully this week but it didn't last long. Usual mix of running/Ma/kids. Finished painting my newly plastered ceiling. M.... eldy, MTB track has several routes ranging from Olympic to cissy. I take the cissy route mostly imageAs long as I meditate before bed, I'll have a 100% record so far image
  • Options

Evening image 

Can't believe someone would steal a horse's blanket! image

Great news about your student MC image I'll be cheering at Outlaw Half - I suppose you know my sister's doing the darn thing?! 

Excellent meditation record Yums! 

((((waisters, germified, frustrated or otherwise))))))

Lovely day out image Got completely drenched, took the world's worst selfie (tried to take a pic of all three of us, and ended up with only my chin...) and helped XB to get his worse half marathon time ever imageimage

Poorly timed really - first day back at work after 16 days off tomorrow... image bag's packed, just need a decent kip! Bike all ready for new cycle commute image Will have to go the long way round - current walking route will take me approximately 5 mins there on bike (tis 1.5 miles, all downhill image ) - going to whizz there and have a meander on the (uphill) way home... 

Need to start preparing for stupid 62 mile bike ride someone entered me into in 10 weeks image

• Options

Evening

No Meldy, no video and with luck the cctv will be erased!!!

Aww MC that's a really good outcome, good for her

Grr to low lives wherever they are

Tom settling in reasonably well but has a way to go yet

I am bored as done s*d all this weekend.......

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

Morning 

Hoorah for runners, painters, meditators, cleaners, recoverers and the general unwashed.

Week 1 done and all 3 planned runs complete. Currently in South Wales so Monday's run postponed until I know where I am!

Just noticed the time - oops. Onwards and upwards chaps. Happy new week

• Options

This is not an advertising board - go away image

• Options

morning all

ooh not keen on strangers offering me massages image

I saw your photos of your race Daffs - looked fab, smiley faces image

hope you're feeling better Podds. When I've fallen over its the knees and hands that hurt at the time but in the days that follow I've ached all over due to impact - so take care of yourself

MC I think you've got the right idea getting races planned in for the year - I need to do the same!

3 runs in a week DL - woohoo image

oh yes, update on Mr FF - he is back at work image He has applied and got his previous job back which is less yomping about, and with some super-dooper painkillers he is now back to work, less money but as he was about to run out of sick pay this is a bargain, he was working stupid hours before and miserable so good news all round

and Ned is thriving, still a bit of a nightmare to walk but he's a funny chap! Bigun is gradually teaching him tricks, he can now stay and come when called to eat a treat left on the ground (amazing), sit, give paws, lie down image he's so funny! unfortunately he has bitten 2 people who thought it was OK to rough him up! so need to work on that. I think it will take some time for him to be calm and he still eats from his bowl as if he's never been fed - I think that's due to kennel life

hopefully back to club running this week now the "year-end" is sorted. I'm having a break from the booze (dry January or until I get fed up) hoping it will help with my sleep -  not working so far!

• Options

Sounds like its the people who need the training there Jenny ..

Podds, I have friends who can retrieve cctv image

Nice meal out last night for one of my team who is moving upwards and onwards, well when I say 'nice', it was perfectly edible but I had to have cake afterwards.    If I say the whitebait starter which I love consisted of 10 pieces of said fish you will get an idea of the portion sizes.  You can have a bucket load of the stuff for a fiver usually

Yums, Luigi seems reluctant to leave and keeps waking me up at night.  I kust have fell back asleeep this morning and was dead to the world when my alarm went off, I could quite happily have stayed there but had an appt I couldnt miss 

I have drafted my will - a free service with the National Wills Network on behalf of the RBL.   Guess who gets the GPO  ??    image

• Options

There’s only one mad cat lady around here that I can see image

I see RW Towers responded to my request to remove the cheeky chap wanting to massage us all to PBs image

• Options

I doubt they did Dragon .. they rarely respond to anything these days but as spam wombles are still about so it may have been one of them 

• Options
    Jenni-far-far wrote (see)

oh yes, update on Mr FF - he is back at work image He has applied and got his previous job back which is less yomping about, and with some super-dooper painkillers he is now back to work, less money but as he was about to run out of sick pay this is a bargain, he was working stupid hours before and miserable so good news all round

That does sound rather like a result JFF image

M...eldy wrote (see)

Podds, I have friends who can retrieve cctv image

Yessss......why do I not doubt this!!!

Jenni-far-far wrote (see)

and Ned is thriving, still a bit of a nightmare to walk................and he still eats from his bowl as if he's never been fed - I think that's due to kennel life

Hmm - I'm thinking my Tom is a live reincarnation so to speak of Ned as this is him to a T

M...eldy wrote (see)

I have drafted my will - a free service with the National Wills Network on behalf of the RBL.   Guess who gets the GPO  ??    image

**snigger** - who do we think deserves the GPO??? image image image

• Options

On other fronts I didn't get an offer of massage today image must not have been quick enough!!

Ribs still rather sore but painkillers, hot water bottle and limited movement of trunk (who knew you used your ribs to get on and off the loo??) means I can get through the day ok image 

I think if I hadn't fallen across my purse it wouldn't have been half so bad but it was like falling onto an edge......

Oh well.......best I get used to such indignities as I totter off into my dotage imageimage

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Morning

Fab news on Mr farfar. As you say, a proper result if he will be happier too image Ned sounds lovely just a few manners to learn which I'm sure he will once he knows what's expected of him image

Hmmmm, our resident cat wrangler must be DL as she deals with blur of a kitten with such aplomb.

I'm not sure Sluggy deserves the GPO

Podds, funny how Tom and Ned are similar. Perhaps you could have Ned come and stay for a few months to help Mrs FF image

Lol at a typically daffyesque half marathon. imageWell runned, Daffs. The downhill bike commute sounds fab but I think I see the flaw in your cunning plan image
  • Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

Morning all

Mad cat lady? Don't know who you're talking about. We currently have a humane mouse trap near the fridge as Blur keeps looking like she lost something interesting under there. Interested to find out if capturing something in a humane trap only to be cornered by a cat is in fact far less humane than the alternative?! Also she has started her paranoid overgrowing again and is developing a load of bald patches - very attractive!

Hoorah for Mr FF and his renewed ankle friendly career, hoorah for dogs with personality, hoorah for continued meditations, well run half marathons, scabby knees, but most of all, to downhill bike rides.

I managed first run of a new week. It's very complicated. I lost my training plan. I looked everywhere but it has disappeared. I had to find laptop and print another one. I had to re-set my watch - it's all very tiring.

Happy Tuesday - hope it brings you a bit of frolicky fun and titilation.

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

overgrowing??? over grooming. Giant cat would be interesting!

• Options

Morning all. Mixed bag this morning, I see. 

Dragon, what kind of lowlife would steal a rug and leave a horse in the cold? I just don't get it. Hope Roxy was none the worse for it when she warmed up. 

Podds, you must have had one hell of a fall, sounds like even your stoicism is being tested. Hope things get better soon!

Meldy, sorry about Luigi. He seems to be a very persistent chap! But well done on the will. If people could see how much trouble it causes if they DON'T make one, they would all do it. 

Pippi, a family parkrun sounds fab image

Yums, just looking at your post. So you are redecorating, bringing up two adolescents, looking after your mum, working, running and meditating? What do you do with all your spare time? (Transl: give yourself a pat on the back, woman, you're a bliddy marvel!)

Daffs, well done to you and XB! Sounds like a splendid day out. And what's this 62 mile cycle?? Is your sis doing it too? (And if not, why not?) 

DL, the story of you and your training programme is beginning to develop quite a complex plot line: I've kept to it; it's lost; I've found it again; I'm still sticking to it.... Every day I look for the next exciting instalment! image

MC, you're clearly back on form, with running and swimming! Good on ya. And a very big cheer for your student who has come back so magnificently from that awful accident. You must all be so proud of her----and the support she's had from you all must have made a huge difference to her. 

I seem to have missed a troll....nobody has offered me a massage! Don't know whether to be relieved or miffed image

FarFar, how good that Mr FF got back a job he knows and can manage. Big relief all round. Hope they are still working so that in the longer term he can get properly well again 100%. LOL at your Ned! I think you're doing a great job with him! And as Meldy said, if people 'rough him up' they deserve what they get. Amazes me how people will approach a dog they don't know and take all kinds of liberties. It's unkind to the dog (who is probably frightened and defensive---he doesn't know them, after all) and excessively stupid of them!

Just back from the doc. Pain in the outside lower log has been getting gradually worse for several years, and spread to knee and hip so that I now limp noticeably and find walking uncomfortable, never mind running. Doc had a good look but could see nothing wrong except lack of reflexes (which he said isn't unusual) so he's referring me to a neurologist just to be sure. If he finds nothing (as doc expects) it's back to the physio. I'm just bored to tears with not being able to move normally. But about to go for a nice lecture and lunch at the art gallery, so life is good. Happy days all! xx

• Options

morning all

sorry to hear about your lower log Chuggs image

happy Tuesday - hopefully back to running club for me this evening image

• Options

Oh dear, Chuggy. Hope you get something sorted, but enjoy the rest, art gallery and lunch - sounds very civilised.

And another hoorah for Mr FF. Are his work not under some obligation to see if his job can be adapted for his health? I know Mr P has gone back sometimes to light duties. (not changing light bulbs ... and he would tell you they are lamps ... sigh!) His is very happy with his new half knee, even though he does put Voltarol on it still, its a massive improvement to what it was before.

What bike ride are you doing Daffs? I am sorry I didn't come over, but on the whole it was more sensible to get stuff out of the way here ...and it was a bit drizzly ... you looked muddier than you usually see people on the Wirral way!!

• Options
    Very strange Chuggy, is this the same issue that started withPF??

The day has run away with me somewhat, I'm gradually improving which is good !

Coffe with pal tomorrow morning and then out for supper in the evening image
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Podds, that fall sounds nasty, I hope are completely better now. It's good to hear that Tom is coming on well, poor lad, it must be very confusing for him to suddenly find himself living inside!

FarFar, I'm very glad that things at work have calmed down somewhat, make sure you get that day off before everyone forgets you are owed one! Also glad that Ned is doing well and Mr FarFar is back at work.

Meldy, I think it is high time you stopped playing host to Luigi image

Dragon, how low can people sink?! I do hope that the lovely Roxi didn't come to any harm being left in the cold image

MC, it's so good to hear that your student is doing well image

Chuggy, I had hoped that the new orthotics were helping with your pain image I do hope you find something that helps soon.

SM seems to have slowed down somewhat recently. She is complaining of pain in her left hip and right knee, then there is the nasty bang on her left lower leg. Thankfully she seems to respond well to a couple of paracetamol. I kicked up rather a stink at Social Services and have managed to get her some extra time at Day Centre and another care visit during the day at weekends. I hope this will be enough to keep her comfortable and safe where she lives, it would break her heart to move.

1st choir of the year this evening, it was good to be back image

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxx

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

Mornincles

Indeed - that log does sound bad Chuggy!!

SM seems to be getting a little knocked around at the moment - hope the extra help makes a difference.

Is Mr P an electrician by any chance? OH is too and used to work in street lighting, so I know that lights are lamps and that LED lamp-posts are the bees knees. We have photos of street lighting from nearly every holiday we've ever been on!

Pub quiz last night - we did very well - we marked the winning team's answers!

Do you think Daffers made it back up the hill yesterday?

Very windy out there this morning - be careful out there and have a happy Wednesday

• Options

Just popping in to wish the Meldy one a happy birthday image-imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

in a hurry, back later xx

• Options

happy birthday Melds imageimageimageimage

• Options

Indeed Happy Birthday to the Old Bird imageimage 

I HATE LED lamp posts DL........when you drive down the road the effect is of flashing....I always have to lower the sun visor!

Aww Chuggy - that does not sound good having a dodgy lower log...........

Sluggy - SM could certainly not wish for a better daughter and I'm sure she appreciates it all (even if I suspect she doesn't always show or tell you!!)

Sadly I am still rather sore...... image   Can now just about manage putting my own socks and shoes on but still can't cough, sneeze or poop scoop!!  Am slowly reducing the ibuprofen too as I don't like taking it for too long.........am really hoping that by the weekend I might be able to live like a normal human again but not holding my breath!!

• Options

Hello lovely WAISTer chums.

You are cordially invited to the trafferlong forum where I have revived the age old birthday thread for the old witch.  Your greetings are welcome.

Much love to you all xx