Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    Hi Yummity, I'm sure I will have some ~~~ for Mini on Tuesday.

Daffs, you must really want this place!

No change here  . . .

• Options
    yums, good luck for no 2 - the son of a work colleague has been through the police interviews in Lincolnshire - it all sounds very stressful

My eldest son's birthday today - 17 - where did those years go? We are off to pizza express to celebrate
  • Options
    Knock, knock............anyone home?  I'm bored sat here just typing useless comment after useless comment like the last few days............
  • Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    hello?

Is anybody there?
  • Options
    I'm still here :D 

14 weeks today since we offered on our new house and still no mortgage... Well, they did issue it on Monday (hooray!) But with the wrong purchase on (incompetent fools!) And then gave themselves another 2 days to correct their mistake. Aarrgghh! 

Survey revealed a WELL in the cellar. Why am I not surprised?? Apparently it's very good for keeping wine the right temperature.

Oh, and there's a dead mouse in tge bedroom, and the heatings broken.

Yawn.

((((((Hugs for sluggy and family))))))))

So waister pals - anyone done any running lately? I had an IUD fitted last week so can't run as I'm resting my womb :D Havent run since January anyway but we'll ignore that...
  • Options
    I'm here too and still bored..............

(((Sluggie)))

I love the idea of a well in the cellar...........but am somewhat less impressed with your mortgage peep's continual faffing..........can it be so difficult to come to a decision?????

I'd wait to New Year to get running again.......can't be too careful with your health you know  ;)

I managed to not go swimming last night and am not going lunchtime today either as I need to get home early for the plumber!!  Does this nearly count as not running?
  • Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    Well well well

Hello there. A wine cellar, how very Bohemian and fitting! Hope the mortgage people let you have it!

How did mini Yums 2 do?

Happy belated 17th son of MC.

Running in the new year??! Surely you're better off waiting for Spring??!!

Hope the plumber sorted your drainage flange Podds.

I have been North. I know this as I went for a curry and ordered a curry with a naan. Rather than asking if I wanted rice I was asked if I'd like chips with it. I have been gradually sinking southwards over the week. I hope to sink home by tomorrow! The fair is in town - hoorah!

Happy nearly the end of the week
  • Options
    So once the mortgage goes through I'm thinking party at Daffer's.............there'll be wine from the cellar and donkeys to pet in the fields.........sounds lovely

Morning by they way
  • Options
    Morning :)

Not swimming does indeed count as nearly not running, well done, excellent waister activity :D 

We do have rice up north you know DL! Mr Daffs and I shared a biriyani on Tuesday so I know about such things :D 

Mortgage faffing not *quite* done yet it seems - the lender has rounded up the purchase price so we are now apparently quibbling over 40p. Forty pence! Not who will pay it, but whether the lender will later quibble because their paperwork is different to the legal stuff (after they themselves MADE it different).

Hope it doesn't hold us up any more - my name is already mud with everyone else in the chain... 

Might try some exercise today - womb feels like it may relatively back to normal now. Maybe I'll try a bit of Not Swimming - sounds like my type of exercise! :D

(((((Waisters)))))))
  • Options
    hi all, I am still here, far too busy and hassled but here

I have done some running but not a great deal

daffs - can't believe your house purchase is taking so long!

17 year old son is a moody depressive kid! It is hard work with him sometimes. I have offered to go out for a walk with him tomorrow - he needs to get into shape because he is doing his gold d of e expedition in the summer! Will probably mean I won't have time to run but never mind, maybe he will open up a bit and chat to me - it will be a long long walk if he is just being silent and broody! Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't actually get up to go in the morning!
  • Options
    Hello, I'm still here too. busy, busy, busy - and travelling!
    For the first 4 days of half-term we went to Northumberland to walk a bit of the Pennine Way from Hadrian's Wall to Byrness - muddy, boggy, gloop!
    Then I had 3 days at the eTwinning European conference in Malta, organised by the British Council (that's a big project that allows schools all over Europe and beyond to collaborate online. I've been involved in it since nearly the beginning 10 years ago and this year won a National Prize for being involved in the best Coding Project! The other people invited hadn't won prizes, so we never worked out the criteria for the invitiation). It was really interesting and quite good fun with dinners - I did emigrate to a table with 10 Belgians who looked after me very well!
    Back to school, then off to north Wales with 20 excited 10 year olds ... and I'm in charge! It was really good. One of the adults who came with us is a youth worker and good at organising silly team games in the evening.
    Just about recovered. 
    I'm getting as good as DL at not running. I do intend to get out on my bike but 20 mph winds decided me otherwise. I'm buying some cheap but decent (I hope) lights so I will get out of an evening a few times, just for a 30 minutes or so would be better than nothing. I've spent money so I'll have to.
  • Options
    Goodly morning,

Just letting you know that SlugMummy left us this morning.

I haven't read back. The signal at the carehome was so poor that it wasn't worth taking the comp with me and this is the first time I have been home in 8 days. My first priority is to try and get some sleep!

• Options
    Aw sluggy, sorry to hear that, sad even if you were expecting it and if she was ready. Look after yourselves xxx
  • Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    (((((((Sluggy)))))))
    Thoughts are with you
  • Options
    ((sluggs)) sorry to hear that
  • Options
    (((Sluggy))) However expected, it is still a loss and a shock. take care.
  • Options
    (((Sluggie))) sorry to hear this, even if she was ready to go it's not easy. Make sure you have a good rest now and take care of yourself xxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Arrangements are being made, people informed. It is sooooo good to be back in my own bed with Alfie and Sky for cuddles. Good to be with MS again, although I would deny it if anyone ever told him I said that! :D
  • Options
    we had ofsted on Tuesday - what a stressful week!
  • Options
    lol Sluggy :D 

(((mathschick)))) hope you have a restful weekend coming up! 

Well, we have FINALLY signed all our documents (including the bloody mortgage deed). Thought this day would never come! Having a final visit to the new house on Monday to make sure it hasn't fallen down (and dragging a plumber as the boiler is showing an error code but the vendor (who lives down south) is insisting it still works). Yawn. 

Solicitor wants to check something about a telegraph pole and we need to make sure we shut the gate (preferably with the neighbour's cows on their side, not ours :D ) and then we're done :dizzy:

We've suggested some dates for completion and solicitor is hopeful we should be able to at least set a date next week... Everyone else has been waiting for our stupid mortgage for weeks now so I would hope at this point nobody will start messing about! 

Christmas Chez Daffs then - bring yer tents ;):D
  • Options
    Woo hoo! Can we wait until it gets warmer for the house warming? 
  • Options
    Lightweight :D 

We'll be quite conveniently placed for a few scenic races so I might try and amass the troops at some point! (Not that I'm planning on running myself - I'll provide tea and hot showers...) :D
  • Options
    Woohoo Daffs......finally......the waiting has been almost as bad as the 2 most famous Waister Waits.......your doctorate and Meldy's first iron finish!!!
  • Options
    Ha! Yes they were both quite agonising too weren't they??

Incidentally, talking of Meldy, I was trying (and failing) to get in here from the front page and came across a list of the Biggest Blabbermouths (or most active members, or somethin) and Meldy was 5th :D
  • Options

sorry for my absence - off work this week so not been on the 'puter

Sluggy I'm so sorry to hear of SM's passing but I know you didn't want to see her suffering. I hope you are feeling ok, you did everything to make her last months and days the best they could be- I hope that will be a comfort to you - look after yourself xxx

yay Daffs I'm packing the campervan ready for our visit :)

• Options
    Well I'd unpack the camper if I were you Mrs FarFar -- got word this morning that the people buying our buyer's house demanded a massive price reduction and our buyers (rightly) told them to piss off and have put their house back on the market. So we're all up in the air again! Aarrgghh!
  • Options
    Oh Daffs! :'(  

Hope you have had a good week off Jenni.

DL, are you still sinking southwards?  There are bits of me that are doing the same thing!
  • Options
    Oh Daffs! and I'd just got out the 4-season sleeping bag ...  :'(

I have bought some cheapish bike lights (wow, aren't LEDs good?) and gone for my first night-time bike ride since ... since ... well, this century at least! I did used to go out at night when it was my only mode of transport but that is easily before Pippette was born and she is all growed up! I am a bit fed up of myself not getting out for any run/bike despite good intentions, and even if it is only down to the prom and back it is keeping it all ticking over. 

I'm a bit fed up too - decided it's not children or teaching it's the little pettiness things that get to me - parents/management moaning about things that really don't matter.
  • Options
    oh daffs, what a nightmare!

pippi - sorry to hear you are fed up at work, I do agree it is the small petty things that ruin the job, working with kids is great fun, it is the adults that are involved that make life difficult

not exactly a restful weekend because tomorrow I am driving my parents to Edale for my granny's funeral (well, she has already been cremated but they are having a church service and celebration) - she was 103 so although it is sad, really a good long healthy life, it wasn't long ago that she went into a home after having a fall, so was living independently well into her 90s. 

• Options

5th ??!!   I must be slacking

Daffs,  what a feckin paklavar!   Ive only read this page and I unpacked my tent three times

Sluggy, sorry for your loss,  it must be a big relief for you all

I appear to have another feckin lurgy,  I am overdosing on Benelin and Stepsils,  getting a bit bored with it now, started last Friday when I went to Nickos funeral, which incidentally went just fine, well as fine as these things can go,  good pirate turn out.

MC,  103 is a grand old age, a church service and celebration is a fitting tribute

After whinging and moaning about having to work yet another Christmas, all lates and nights I have been filling up my social calendar to the point there are no more free evenings!   Pal Sue and I are having a day at the Christmas market in Brum and then we are going to see Alfie Boe and Michael Ball on the way home, should be an excellent day!   I have various Christmas meals and dinners with various groups planned and then I am off to Cardiff (another Christmas market) with Mousey and Dawn and then we are going to see Nutcracker so all in all I am quite looking forward to December now !