Options

P&D spring marathon 2016

Comments

• Options
    AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    Not much running for me this week as I've been moving house today and also tomorrow.

Might go for a light jog on Sunday but then P&D starts on Monday for Manchester next year with 9mi w/4@LT.

Will probably try and do an MLR on Tuesday as I'm in Switzerland Wed-Fri for the football so there won't be any opportunities for running given the amount of alcohol that will be consumed.

It's getting a bit exciting again with most people starting schedules this month - I definitely feel like I'm raring to go even tho it's only been 6 weeks since the marathon
  • Options
    Tom13Tom13 ✭✭✭

Morning. Really challenging mentally not being able to run. Not dealing with it particularly well at the moment-lots of silly negative thoughts creeping in. Got to realise it's going to take time and be as positive as possible.

Good luck anyone racing/parkrunning this weekend.Hope you go really well!image

• Options
    What're your club colours acp? I'm green with a red stripe. Dark hair in a ponytail. Although that will probably describe half of our runners!
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Tom, what about some rowing or static bike?

I'm very glad not to be racing today!

My dilemma from yesterday is resolved. The week of the half has a long run of 15 miles which with warm up and cool down is ok.
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Morning.

Tom, do something else for a while. Get down the gym, go for a swim, go out on a bike ride, go down the pub.

3.5mi this morning with some strides. Windy and mild out.

DT - glad your dilemma is resolved. I also worry about these sort of things.

• Options
    Office Xmas party yesterday. Hangover from hell today image I'm too old for this shit. I think I need to become teetotal.

I'm going out into the storm now for some serious self flagellation. Serves me right.

It was a great party though image
  • Options

This is the first winter I'm properly cycling in to work and really feeling the weather.  Every day seems to be either windy and or wet, and always mild.

Today felt like cycling in a wind tunnel (I imagine), best of luck to anyone that ran today, hoping it dies down for tomorrow.

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Whoops. I'm a bit drunk.

• Options

Tom - agree with Westy - get on the bike, get in the pool. Will definitely keep your fitness ticking over. Sometimes a forced break can also be a blessing - come back harder and stronger. 

On the mulled wine westy? Or something stronger?

Probably well earned after a hard year chick.

Decided to not go flat out today but still go to parkrun before tomorrows 20 miler. A tempo-ish run, had plenty left in the tank, just under 19 minutes.

It's windy out there today! Have fun anyone also long running. 

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Was at kid's school xmas fair and got a bit bored so me and missus went to the pub leaving kid with a few quid and her mates. Then returned and ended up winning a bag of food in the raffle which included a bottle of wine. Glug glug.

• Options
    Tom13Tom13 ✭✭✭

Followed Westy's advice-went for a swim then went down the pub- and then his example as I'm also a bit drunk!

Knee feels great, might go for a 22 miler before bedtime.....image

• Options

Hope the house move went well AWC, having recently moved myself I know how stressful it can be!

Good day out then Westyimage

4.5 mile easy with strides this evening, ran past Remi Garde (Villa manager) on my way past St Mary's, he was just jumping into a taxi. Victory 5 mile race tomorrow morning image

• Options

I hope you're joking Tom!!

Westy - I'll beat your Xmas fair booty - we cleaned up on the chocolate tombola - celebrations, quality street, huge bar of dairy milk, dairy milk with Oreos, Terry's chocolate orange, mars bar pack (x5), snickers pack (x5)...

I ran with my 9yo at parkrun today as it was his 10th one. He got a shoutout at the start and a mention in the newsletter but still prefers football.

I have a 5 mile race tomorrow too Scott (different one though) - I hope it's not too windy. 

• Options

Sorry McF - saw your post too late! There was a group of your teammates at the finish when I came through and you were almost certainly one of them but I wasn't sure which one! Well done on your run - where did you find the results? I had a good run and was actually first counter for my club but this was mainly due to our best runner falling at the start and having to pull out after the first lap!image Bit windy wasn't it?! Are you planning to do the next 2 races in the league?

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Morning.

Stockport 10 in just over an hour. Better get going. Got my usual pre-race nerves make me feel like rubbish, crap night's sleep and a few beers yesterday not helping either.

• Options
    Bedford half, 1:30:30

Shooting for sub 1:30 but I'll take a 1min pbimage

Hope everyone else got on well.
  • Options
    Tom13Tom13 ✭✭✭

Excellent running macca-congrats on the pb!image

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Back from Stockport. Watch says 1hr42 which is a PB by about 30sec...not quite the sub 60min I was hoping for. One day. Stockport10 is a tough race though, a few killer hills and some off road trails in the 2nd half make for a bit of a challenging, but fun time. 

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Well done Macca!

• Options
    Tom13Tom13 ✭✭✭

Well done Westy-very solid effort and another pb for the thread!image

• Options

Ha. I just read Westy's post and thought 'surely it didn't take him an hour and forty-two minutes to run 10 miles?!

• Options
    That's supposed to be 1hr02 surely??
  • Options

I think it's 42 seconds, chicksta!

• Options
    Well done on the 1hr 42 secs Westy.

X-post
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Yes, sorry. Not with it. 1hr 42secs.

• Options
    AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    Well done macca and Westy - I also couldn't work out how you'd run a 1hr42 10 miler and it be a PB!

Moving house is sooooo tiring - we're pretty much in now just need to clean the old house before completion on Tuesday. Up and down stairs with boxes is a killer - my calves, quads and hamstrings are all killing me but I'm looking at it as good core strength training!

Need to summon the energy for 6/7 miles tonight and then the tempo tomorrow morning.
  • Options

Macca and Westy - great running. PB's in December are a sign of a good spring campaign surely. Westy - maybe a few pre-race drinks are the way forward!

AWC - cleaning the house pre-move is the absolute worst. Remember it being particularly gruesome back in my student days..

20 miles very steady for me today around Richmond park. Averaged around 7.30mm. Felt great. 74 miles this week - my biggest ever. Having a couple of well earned beers.

• Options

Impressive, BR, 74 miles!

Congrats on the PB's Westy & Macca.

16.6 miles mainly off road for me today, easy effort but my legs feel a bit shot. Just under 40 miles for the week, been too busy to run.

• Options

Nice new pb Macca, and worth a fair bit more with the wind I assume?

I have no doubt on a good course/day you can run sub 60 Westy!

Where about's you moving to in Soton Awc?

Big week from you BR image

Just 0ver 8 miles today, 5 of which was the Victory 5mile race, came 43rd with 28:37 so around 5:42 pace. Followed by having a pub lunch and beers with mates whilst watching the Liverpool v Newcastle match