What: rest day
Why: "A" race in 8 days!

Last hard: Wed
Last rest: 7 days

Comments

• Options
    Good morning

Best wishes to those with injury's and niggles may they heal quickly

WW sorry i missed your post yesterday well done you must be so pleased!!

Venom and stickless hang in there we need an injury bench between us all.

Yep another rest day back still aching but hoping I will be able to run tomorrow.

have a good one out there today and please do a few miles for me I will forget how to run!!!!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning

What: Shove up BT and WP, another one on the resting couch

Why: RHR still high

Last hard: yesterday

Last rest: Sunday

One of those grotty weeks you get in marathon training.
  • Options
    Morning,

Big trip down to Maidstone today

Watch some quality racing tomorrow

Big trip back to Teesside on Sunday

I'll be surprised if I will be able to fit a run in.

Soda Sr and boyfriend are occupying the house while we are away - hope we will at least have bricks, doors and windows left by the time we get back.

Good luck to all racers this weekend. Anyone doing Redcar HM?
  • Options
    Its this week isnt it
    Ive run all of 3 miles and im knackered
  • Options
    another one on the sick bed i'm afraid.

been feeling rough since wednesday but it came on with a vengeance yesterday evening. Feel awful all over and voice almost gone.

Off work. May go down the gym to sit in the sauna. Can you actually sweat out a cold or is that just a myth?

Looks like i may have to miss tomorrow's race at Dent which is very disappointing as it's my fave race of the year.
  • Options
    no
    youll just infect everyone else
    tee hee hee
  • Options
    right i'm off then. why should i suffer alone!
    titter titter
  • Options
    Morning All

5-A-side today which at least will keep me out of this weather. It's freezing!!!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning and recovery wishes to the sick and injured!

What:2 miles quick at lunch time with kids at work, then 5 miles easy this evening.

why:keeping mileage consistent

last hard:Wed

last rest:Saturday

Have a good day at work or running!
  • Options
    morning.....

What: rest day today

why: nearly at the end of a second hard week

last hard: some might say last night. 8x6mins with 1 min rec. Some might not...

last rest: last friday

everyday feels like April 18th...
  • Options
    Morning all!

Snow on the ground as I headed out for a wonderful loop through Windsor Great Park from home ... Smith's Lawn looked magnificent under its white covering.

What: 10-1/2 miles gentle
    Why: Need to hit 40 miles this week
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Wednesday

• Options
    brewster - sounds like a good session to me. Well done
  • Options
    Forgot to say that half the snow had melted by the time I got home !!
  • Options
    BR; you are measuring your HR. For heavens sake take notice of it. High RHR is more significant than running HR.

What; nothing.
    It's snowing anyway, and I'm on-call
  • Options
    Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
    Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge

...Wilfred Owen would be proud of us lot today. Hope all is well again soon.

What: 30mins slow
    why: rebuilding
    last rest: 9d

Gave blood yesterday to force myself not to be foolish and race Bath 1/2 this weekend.

Trainee venipuncturist (venislasher?) messed up the first arm and got his boss to do the other one instead. She said I had the best veins she'd seen all day, so I still went home smiling :)

• Options
    vain about veins - how sad is that?
  • Options
    Well I'm not sure if it's entirely appropriate to say "Good Morning" considering the mood with today's postings but best wishes anyway to all of you injured, resting and recovering.

The rest bench sounds like a great place to be but I gotta go do those hill reps lunch time.

Last Hard: wasn't planned to be but club session last night felt brutal even though I was way off the front with Hastings half this Sunday.

Rarely post at w/e so good luck to everyone racing and if you are in recovery please be careful and don't overdo it now.
  • Options
    Hi all,

Speedy recovery to all those on the bench.

What: 10 km (6 miles) easy
    Why: Recovery day
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Monday

Significant events on run:
    - park which has been closed in mornings since the beginning of winter has now reopened so I can go back to my usual route
    - sign saying "Slow - Swans on Road" has been replaced by one of a giant frog

Guess spring is here!
  • Options
    Morning all,

Rest day for me as well - calf is still not feeling right. Think I'd better get on the phone to the physio...

I'm assuming that I'm going to have to drop my planned 22 miler on Sunday, which really messes up my marathon preparation. Plan was to do 22 miles this week, 16 miles at marathon pace next week (Kingston), 20 miles slow after that, then taper. Don't know how I should best rejig that now.
  • Options
    Morning All

What: 7.5 Miles including some hills
    Followed by a weights session at the gym.

Why: Trying to get some quality sessions back into my training schedule.

Last hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Tuesday

Looking forward to the Hasting Half this weekend.

Good luck Eveyone with your training and reacing
  • Options
    Morning,
    Heads up you resters, just think how much good the rest is doing you and how fresh you'll feel after.

What:short ish fastish run if the snow melts.
    Why: All I can muster on a Friday. Long one planned for tomorrow too.
    Last Hard: Monday
    Last rest:10 days.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone,

What: 5m easy
    Why: recovery & start of taper
    Last hard: last night
    Last rest: 5 days

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Well, it is so hard to go out there when most of peeps are resting or injured :(

what:1 hour recovery run.

Happy training/resting/recovering!
  • Options
    Morning

Sorry to hear that alot of you are injured or unwell,speedy recovery to you all.

BR, can I ask you how high your HR is at the moment, to compared to other days, you seem to be watching it very closely!

ANGELIS!!!!! Swimming and weights is not a rest day;-) hope the achilies is not to bad.

JJ well done for yesterday, that is fantastic going, hope your feeling ok today!

What: 1000m swim

Why: Wanted 1800m but I was getting very frustrated with certain people in the pool today and got out!!

Last Hard: Sunday

Last Rest: Tuesday

Have a good friday!
  • Options
    Morning all.

Shove along a bit - one more for the crocks' ward.

Correct me if I'm wrong - when you lay a pavement in a city street, it's supposed to be roughly level with the manholes, gratings and other 'ironworks', isn't it? Not a couple of inches below? Thought so. Anyway, half a mile into my run, woah, there goes my ankle. Telecomms cover standing proud above the pavement, wrench, hop, hop, hop, swear, swear, swear. Could have been injured far worse, but I really don't think it's a good sign to have a stabbing pain below the fibula knobble on the outside of my left ankle.

I'd guess it's, ooh, maybe a two-weeker - hard to tell for a day or two, though. Not great when it's three weeks to my marathon.

I was deeply, deeply hacked off before it happened. Now, well, have a guess. :-(

Anyway, hope the rest of us sickies get well soon and the others have fun running.
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

To continue the Wilfred Owen theme, we seem to have a lot of injured troops out there at the moment. Once more unto the breach, dear friends ...

I seem to be hovering on the periphery of injury but am managing to keep off the bench at the moment (just as well, as there probably wouldn't be any room for me). Supposed to be running nice and slowly so as not to stress my shin - so how come yesterday's run ended up at 8:20 pace? I am just sooooooo bad at pacing!

What: Rest day.
    Why: Scheduled, and I really need it. Have run three days in succession this week and by last night I was stiff and aching. Instead of a nice hot bath, I ended up trailing round IKEA for two hours :-(
    Last hard: Impossible to say - everything's hard when you're nearing the peak of marathon training.
    Last rest: Monday, a very long time ago.

Praying that the weather warms up over the weekend as promised - I don't think I can face another freezing cold long run.
  • Options
    What: 3 or 4 miles tempo
    Why: testing whether ankle is recovered after last week's mayhem.
    Last hard: Tuesday before last!
    Last rest: Monday.

Also did some weighted squats this morning, they've really helped.

Hastings half on Sunday, will really put ankle to the test (but I'm confident).

I'm going to keep on doing squats daily to build my ankle up because having that go is not pleasant and very worrying one month before a marathon!
  • Options
    Bummer of a thing to happen Swerve - hope you and others with injuries recover soon.

What: A tough circuit training session with BMF on Blackheath followed by 30 minutes in the pool - some pool running and working on improving front crawl.
    Why: Core stability.
    Last hard: 2 days (Wednesday).
    Last rest: 3 days (Tuesday).

Some hard interval sessions last night have left me nursing a sore hip and hamstring on RHS - another rest day today loading some carbs ahead of Bath Half on Sunday.

A good weekend all and good luck to those getting the longer runs in and those who are racing - would normally be down at Hastings on sunday but have decided to give Bath a go for a change.
  • Options
    Whoops, should really have offered my consolations to Swerve, after he gave me a shoulder to cry on last week.

Sounds like a RICE job, mate; hope you're better soon and that you make your mara.
  • Options
    good god, theres a few of us on the "ill or injured" list for this weekends runs.

Spud, get yourself out there. Don't let us ailing put you off.

Swerve, sounds nasty, hope it's not too bad.