What: 6M with strides.

Why: CPC in a few days

Last hard: Wed
Last rest: Fri

Have fun & train well

Comments

• Options
    Morning

What: 5 easy am / steady run with club pm.

Why: HR still not right

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: Friday
  • Options
    Morning -
    BR - I yesterday cut out my second run too, my RHR was about 10 beats over what it should have been.

What: Rep session at the club tonight - no idea what yet

Last hard: Sunday's 22M

Last rest: 9 days
  • Options
    Morning,

What: same as MikeB
    Last hard: This time last week
    Last rest: Sunday

Popsider - behave ;-)
  • Options
    Good Morning my fellow runners!

BT-good luck with CPC not sure what it is but best of luck with it;-)

I am feeling more positive this morning!!

Good luck running out there today

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    Morning - looks nice out at the moment

What - Well I'm up early but decided to do some work rather than exercise. Will get out either afternoon or evening for 20-25 miles on the bike. Probably try to do some sprint intervals - 30 seconds flat out * 10 with warm up and recoveries and then easy ride to end with. Started trying ibuprofen 3 times a day for the knee as well as ice - don;'t really like using anti inflammatories as treatment but for a few days it can't do too much harm.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning,

BR-no offence intended, but could you be suffering with over training? It's just I was reading the 'LOR' last night and came across the section on overreaching/training, where a csonstant high rhr seems to be one of the main measures. Just a thought and one I'm sure you've already considered!

Rest well those not quite right!

WP-glad you're feeling more positive!

what:6 miles including 10* short steep hills
    why:strengthening phase of my training for Plymouth half
    last hard:Sun
    last rest:yesterday
  • Options
    done 4.8 miles
    everything aching, mentally as well as physically
    probably a mental problem knowing me
  • Options
    Morning All,

BR, sorry for the delay in emailing you back, for some reason I'm just having an impossibly busy time right now.

What: 10M 'steady-state' (ex-)club run tonight.
    Why: Bit of quality during step-back week.
    Last hard run: Sunday
    Last rest day: Monday
  • Options
    Morning all.........

What: 6 miles at comfortable/aerobic pace followed by sports massage.
    Why: Still sore from Sunday
    Last rest: 3 days

Popsider: I'd add Desire to BR's list of Dylan albums. There's plenty more but I'd agree with the other choices wholeheartedly.

BT: good luck with the build up to CPC this week.

• Options
    Morning ...

What : 5 miles easy into work am, done
    5 miles h'cap at lunchtime - plan is to go out easy and come back somewhere between marathon and half-marathon pace.

Why : Easing back into it after poor week last week.

• Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Hippo, I doubt it.

What: nothing, and tomorrow too will be a rest day. Thursday I will see if I can pick up the pieces a little. I do seem to be in elite company though!!

In Plymouth on Sunday the weather was wild, the harbour seas crowded with white horses. An RNLI boat was making its way across the harbour into these waves. It would crash into one, thudding to an apparent halt, sending up a mountain of spray which would completely obscure the boat, indeed go to a height of twice the superstructure. Then it would get going again, and plough into the next.

Not a bad metaphor for progress in running.

• Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    4m easy done with the dogs and caught a flash of orange and blue along the canal. Reminded me that I saw a Greater Spotted Woodpecker (Black/White and Red head stripe) too, yesterday, in near enough same spot. For all you budding bird watchers the GSW is the one you usually hear knocking - Green Woodpeckers are more commonly seen on the ground!!

So nice to be running sans gloves, hat, gilet etc.
  • Options
    Morning all.

What: Club night steady run 5-7 miles
    Why: keep up fitness
    Last hard: Saturday

• Options
    What: 30mins slow + 20mins slow
    Why: rebuilding (waiting to crash into next wave, eh Stickless? - nice image)
    Last rest: 13d

HAve a good day everyone.
  • Options
    Hey Bod - saw my first green woodpecker a couple of weeks back (in a tree!) - it was huge - like a big fat parrot.
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Agreed, Bod: ran in just a long-sleeved cotton top yesterday (no fleece, hat, gloves) and felt strangely liberated. I don't know whether it was the lack of excess clothing or my new Nike Perseus running shoes (like running on air - bliss!) but I ran 5 miles at 7:51 pace and it didn't even feel hard! I've been averaging 8:30-8:40 in my old Kantaras.

What: Nothing - rest day.
    Why: Swapped days around a bit this week because I did my long run Saturday, so ran yesterday instead of today. Legs do ache a bit from the blistering (for me) pace yesterday.
    Last hard: Saturday's long run - OK except for the hailstorm in the middle.
    Last rest: Sunday.

The smell of freshly cut grass was everywhere on my run yesterday - always a sign for me that spring is on the way.
  • Options
    Ah....
    New shoes....
    I really must go and get some. Not because I don't have a decent pair left you understand, but they always give you a lift in the confidence department. I'm sure you understand. Feel that cushioning, that float, that control, that effortless glide along the old routine plods, the feeling that you could run forever.

Should I wait for marathon expo, or go the Sweatshop now?
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

What: jogging through a club pyramid session
    Why: not long til Wilmslow now
    Last hard: 5 days
    Last rest: 9 days

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Morning,

Lovely warm day here. I wore longs but suspect it may be about the last time this winter.

Months of working away from home and staying in a different hotel each week is beginning to take its toll - I did my normal 10km route this morning, intervals then a gentle jog back to the hotel, and couldn't understand why I got back so much later than expected. That's when I realised I was at last week's hotel and had overshot this week's by 1 km! So:

What: 12 km instead of the usual 10 km, including 4 min hard, 2 min easy intervals
    Why: Finally decided to follow a marathon programme and have slotted into the last three weeks of last year's RW FLM schedules
    Last rest: Yesterday

Ended up doing today's gym session last night in case I need to work late today so now have the rest of the day off.
  • Options
    Morning fellow runners,

I am really suprised about recovery times. After my first 1/2 marathon two years ago, I was in severe pain for at least 4 days. Had to choose the elevator instead of the stairs! These days I can go for another run 4 hours later.

What? 15.5m steady
    Why? it's my favourite
    Last hard? Sunday
    Last rest? Thursday

Looking very forward to warm weather running next week in California!
  • Options
    Morning!
    What: lunchtime run with the FLMers (which for them is a chatty leg-loosening stroll in the park - nearer a tempo run for me, if that's what my occasional monosyllabic grunt means); 1 hour upper body workout done in gym.
    Why: 'tis Tuesday
    Enjoy your days!
  • Options
    Morning all

No club session tonight, AGM, will we vote for a 20% rise in subs??? Will try to squeeze in:

What : alternating pace session - 9min w/up followed by 10 x 3min fast 3 min easy.
    Why : Once past the first 2 I quite enjoy this session
    last hard : sun
    last rest : mon.
  • Options
    Morning,

Intervals 16x400m completed with decent w/u and c/d, pleased with recovery from Sunday's race.

Last Hard: this morning
    Last rest: yesterday (although slipped in a lunch-time swim to loosen the muscles)

Do others find swimming swimming a real aid to recovery after a tough race, session? Either same or next day I've started doing around 1500m, 100m reps with short rests, nice and steady. It really seems to help me.

I reckon spring must be close, around 11 degrees this morning, last frost in Sussex was well over a week ago - bliss!

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Mornin!

Oooh, snowing here, at last - 20cm forecast for the next three days. But I'm working away from home after today so won't get a chance to appreciate it until Sunday.

What: tempo run
    Why: It is the World of Hal
    Last hard; yesterday
    Last rest: tum te tum te tum te tum ...

Lyrics - another chance for me to show my age, New Gold Dream by Simple Minds. It's when I realise that I saw them live more than 20 years ago that I start to feel old... (Hammersmith Odeon, 1983, I think)

Have a good day, everyone, and hope the injured are starting to recover
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Lizzy - are there animals/birds in Iceland that you don't/rarely see in the Uk??
  • Options
    Bod - not many animals (only arctic foxes and reindeer) but as for birds....! Er, red and grey neked phalenropes (sp?), whimbrels, curlews, oystercatchers, puffins, arctic gulls, eider ducks, great northern divers, pink footed geese, snow buntings, ptarmigan... the list really is endless, and the great thing is that they are everywhere, you don't even have to look very hard!
  • Options
    Methinks an 11 mile blast on the bike at lunch time.
    Why? Sunny in the South!
    Why not? Possibly should go swimming to improve.....but ITS SUNNY!
    Last hard, yesterday's 10K run
    Last Easy, last week was a recovery week

Good to see less injured peeps lately.... (or should I say Lesser Injured Woodpeckers..)
    Happy training.
  • Options
    mini taper for Wilmslow continues

6x400m on treadmill today plus some basic upper body weights
  • Options
    Morning all.

Club night tonight. Feeling looser after Sunday, so ought to be able to give it a good go.

The Barn Owl's a good one to see when you're out running, but rare and very shy. One flew by me a few months back, near the river outside my village, late dusk. Beautiful. Very ghost-like.

Anyway, have fun today.
  • Options
    Morning all

Enjoyed my rest day yesterday now back to training.

What: 7 - 8 miles steady
    Why: Sort of a recovery type thing after Sunday's half.

Last rest: Yesterday
    Last hard: Sunday Hastings Half.

Good luck all

LL