Options

Tuesday 16th March

13»

Comments

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Did hill session this afternoon in sunshine wearing shorts and t-shirt! Mind along with the sunshine comes my sneezing, itching and breathing probs.

8 miles completed with 10 hill reps on a very steep grass hill. Going back down was lovely with a great view over Chesil beach and a gentle sea breeze.

Found the session harder than I remember it being! Mind it's been a long time since I last did a hill session.

• Options
    Hilly, mention of Chesil beach brings back happy memories of an afternnon spent there.

Don't forget the advice re breathing probs!
  • Options
    Evening all

Didn't recognize the lyrics, but...
    ...last time I must have heard them was the last track session I did some time round April last year - the 9th or 10th rep in a session of 12 x 400 off 20 second recoveries. We were meant to be doing them in 80, and the coach was calling out the time for each effort as we finished....

...I digress....

I don't think you're overtrained BR. From what I've read, the classic warning sign of overtraining is difficulty in getting the HR as high as you want it to go (along with "easy" runs feeling hard and "hard" ones feeling impossible) - i.e. the opposite to your symptoms. Think it's just that your bug/virus/whatever is reluctant to let go.

Nice & mild tonight, and it was Tuesday, so down onto Hoylake prom to meet the Wirral runners.
    Not a big turnout surprisingly, and with no-one really up for a hammering, session ended up being a comfortable 7 miles or so in ~53½ minutes.
    Don't normally like slow runs, but in company, and on a nice mild night, I have to say I quite enjoyed this one. Mean HR 134 - lowest average HR I can remember for a run.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I enjoy some lovely runs along the Chesil coast Barbara. Not so nice when windy though!

Thanks for the reminder. I've been saying for weeks to my hubby I need to make an appointment, so he's going to make me one tomorrow for sometime this week. It's strange because I'm already using inhaler far more than I did last year!

I'm not sure if there's any connection, but they've just starting this GM crop thing in this area.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Mike-BR most probably isn't suffering with overtraining, but it's always worth bearing in mind when doing such large amounts of training. Runners never like to admit to this. I've been there and overtraining presents itself in stages.

stages of overtraining
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Legs still battered from Hull 20 so skip morning run and do 6 miles easy tonight. It dosen't matter too much as this is a step back week after 3 hard weeks.

BR..according to the Lore Of Running one of the symptoms of overtraining is 'loss of libido'. I am of course too polite to ask! {:
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Oh dear I wish I'd not mentioned it now!:o)
  • Options
    Evening All

What: club pyramid session 400m/800m/1200/800/400 at speed with 2.5 miles out and back
    Why: fast session needed

Have a good day everybody
  • Options
    ROFL!!

Just glanced at the others

`Inability to concentrate at work' - not true - thinking about running about every 6 secs!

`Loss of appetite' - just polished off a large pizza

`Increased fluid intake' - well when Asda have got 3 x 4pk beer on offer then...

`Athlete looks drawn, sallow and dejected..' - yeah but then 3.30 arrives!!

`Diarrhea' - only verbal :-)

`Peevish, complaining, easily irritated, miserable, anxious, depressed, ill-humoured' - this seems to coincide with having Y7 and Y8 or dealing with SMT:-)

What: - got drawn into tempo run tonight - 2x 15 mins. Felt like I was cruising. HR still high but legs felt fresh.
  • Options
    This all explains a lot.

Is it possible to overtrain on 35 miles a week?

:-)
  • Options
    Certainly.
    Especially if you suddenly increase from 25 mpw, or don't allow rest & recovery periods after hard sessions. (fast or long).

I'm feeling a bit that way at the moment, but had the opportunity to run rather than the incentive to rest. Hmmm - I might be getting focussed/addicted.
  • Options
    Evening all,

Big Tim - both times I did CPC I collected my number on the day. The organisers put up big tents in the start/finish area and are there very early. I haven't had a reply yet, so doub't I will be joining you now, but given the time off I've had, maybe its best to focus on the marathon, and leave the half for this year.

What: 8 x 1000m on grass off 1:30 jog recovery. Reps in 3:14, 3:18, 3:14, 3:16, 3:17, 3:18, 3:15, 3:12`, 2 mles warm up. 2 miles warm down.
    Why: Good rep session
    Last hard: Sunday's 22 miles
    Last rest: 10 days
  • Options
    Hello, back from pub and an excellent run, expected to feel a bit rubbish after Stafford, but whizzed round a hilly 8 mile route in bang on an hour, felt especially good going uphill, so am well pleased as training can recommence at normal intensity.
    I was perfectly dressed for the conditions in shorts and wicking t shirt. Except I forgot that the pair I put on are the ones that ride up in next to no time, causing some comments from local louts. Whats the forum saying though- "better up your ar$e than round your ankles"
  • Options
    MikeB
    I've been in contact about our numbers & they say pick them up on the day, strange thing is some who are going have had there's sent!
    Concentrating on the marathon might be your best option now.
  • Options
    hahahahaha
    very funny

Dont you need to do a reasonable mileage to overtrain

all the above symptoms could also be clinical depression too
  • Options
    Funnily enough........
  • Options
    youve done too many miles swerve;)