Options

KING KONG DONG IS BACK: 50 minute 4.75 miler, to 35 minute 5 miler, in 12 weeks

Comments

• Options

I think you will find kkd that more middle aged people run that young people...not sure where you got the perception of lazy bums from...maybe you gave poor role models in your family ....go to a race or parkrun and you will see the biggest percentage are middle aged

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    If you are young, slim and male it should be easy. If you can't progress to doing 5m in 35 mins without falling apart again then you are either training very poorly (which you are) or you are a weak specimen- which we could only ascertain if you train properly. Try your way first, then try the training outline I posted earlier. If neither way works then you are just not up to it.

Good luck.
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Yes, that is what I said. His goal on his last thread was 5 miles in 30 minutes, but now he has come back with an easy goal.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Sorry Literatin, I didn't mean to paraphrase.

It seems an odd distance to attack. 5k, 10k or even a half marathon would make sense. Perhaps racing and giving people an opportunity to verify his times is too scary.
  • Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Don't forget that the pavement PB has long been the preserve of many classic RW threads over the years.
  • Options

have we established how KKD is measuring his runs

• Options

seren nos wrote (see)

have we established how KKD is measuring his runs

I'm sure 'King Kong Dong' hasn't a penchant for overstating image

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    I bet he is confusing cm with inches...
  • Options
    literatin wrote (see)

Yes, that is what I said. His goal on his last thread was 5 miles in 30 minutes, but now he has come back with an easy goal.

i didnt even know a thing about running

i just threw out a figure of 30 mins, which is insane and isnt going to happen anytime soon

people are still saying in this thread that 35 mins is impossible in this time frame lmao

• Options
    TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭

*sigh* kkd, I'm not really sure why i'm giving you advice considering you're unlikely to take but anyway;

Just to be clear, i'm an average runner and i'd be 800m clear of you currently in a 5k (3.2m) race, someone like lit (who's actually won races) would have already cooled down, had a cup of coffee and caught the bus home in the time you take to do your intervals.

The purpose of long runs is to build your endurance, this is you "slow twitch" muscles which wont work if you're racing all your runs (as its fast twitch only)

Most of the people on this thread are much, much faster than you, so maybe they, and most Olympians who follow the same kind of training routine. might know better than you?

• Options
    TheDan wrote (see)

*sigh* kkd, I'm not really sure why i'm giving you advice considering you're unlikely to take but anyway;

Just to be clear, i'm an average runner and i'd be 800m clear of you currently in a 5k (3.2m) race, someone like lit (who's actually won races) would have already cooled down, had a cup of coffee and caught the bus home in the time you take to do your intervals.

The purpose of long runs is to build your endurance, this is you "slow twitch" muscles which wont work if you're racing all your runs (as its fast twitch only)

Most of the people on this thread are much, much faster than you, so maybe they, and most Olympians who follow the same kind of training routine. might know better than you?

cool, i have been running for 2 weeks though, so you shoudnt be proud of being 800m ahead

and how much do you guys weigh? im 12.5 stone with alot of muscle in my legs, so this is a big hinderance

i would also wipe the floor with you guys in the gym

and yes i know that

but im trying to do this in as short amount of time as possible, i dont really have time to do long slow runs

but i will in the future, but thats only after i have achieved my goal of 5miles in 35 mins

• Options
    TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭

maybe i should rephrase this; I, who am not fast, am 20% faster than you currently are. Because you're training in a way that doesn't improve your speed in an optimum way, i'll continue to be faster than you for some time to come.

you wouldn't wipe the floor with me in the gym because i can press and squat more than you, despite being shorter and lighter than you

if you don't want to train properly, well, fine, you're the only one who doesn't benefit from that

oh well, so much for trying to be helpful

• Options

No one says your aim is in possible ....just that if you train your way you are more likely to be injured before you get there 

• Options
    TheDan wrote (see)

maybe i should rephrase this; I, who am not fast, am 20% faster than you currently are. Because you're training in a way that doesn't improve your speed in an optimum way, i'll continue to be faster than you for some time to come.

you wouldn't wipe the floor with me in the gym because i can press and squat more than you, despite being shorter and lighter than you

if you don't want to train properly, well, fine, you're the only one who doesn't benefit from that

oh well, so much for trying to be helpful

lol so what is your squat?

i can do 140KG ass to grass, and i deadlift 185KG

and also, being shorter is a massive help, i should be alot heavier for my height, because my current weight is too low for someone of my height, its a mssive disadvantage for being strong, i should be 20KG heavier to maximise my strength

i still dont think you are stronger than me though image

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    KKD when someone takes the time to give you some help, responding that you would "wipe the floor with them" on an unrelated matter isn't the most graceful thing to do. Before we have the same merry go round as your last thread, please remember this is a RUNNING site, not fucking bodybuilding.
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

The good news is that being a bit puny is an advantage for the running. Silver linings... image

• Options
    DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

I play a mean game of ping pong, King Kong Dong

that is as relevant as what you can deadlift.

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Having a King Kong Dong is also an impediment to running well, no-one needs to carry that kind of weight around. 

• Options
    Dachs wrote (see)

Having a King Kong Dong is also an impediment to running well, no-one needs to carry that kind of weight around. 

The name is quite fitting though, as so far on this thread he has come across as a massive bell end.

I don't understand why people ask for help, then go out of their way to argue the toss with it.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Must be somet about having kk in your name that makes you want to bang on about how good an athlete you are...

If I could get down to 12.5 stone i'd be happy.
  • Options

01/07/16

crushing defeat

my body just betrayed me

4.75 miles, 51:01

i think this is because my last long run was  2 weeks ago

i had to walk for 5 minutes in total, plus the wind didnt help and my ankle was hurting

ive just been pushing to hard

i'll focus on building my base from now on, and only put max effort into my interval runs

• Options
    senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Stone the fecking crows!!!!!

its the first sign of a little bit of humility, well done KKD, not for the crap run, but owning up to it, we've all been there, its just the way things are sometimes.
  • Options
    senidM wrote (see)
    Stone the fecking crows!!!!!

its the first sign of a little bit of humility, well done KKD, not for the crap run, but owning up to it, we've all been there, its just the way things are sometimes.

my total mileage in the last 2 weeks was around 2.5 miles

i think thats why i sucked

• Options
    TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭

good lord! do you mean that squatting twice your own bodyweight doesn't automatically grant you super training?

I need to rethink my priorities

• Options

i dont think i will change my running yet actually

those 2 weeks off clearly were the cause of my shitty performance

still gonna do flat out runs, but try to not miss any

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Good for you KKD, stick to your guns. Your awesome.
  • Options
    Man alive!

Just when it looked like you were going to see some sense man!

When's the next run? Can't wait for the report...
  • Options

Ian7 wrote (see)
    Man alive!

Just when it looked like you were going to see some sense man!

When's the next run? Can't wait for the report...

next run is on monday, going to be 4.75 miles

it shall be interesting

i think i will have to stop a few times for rest because, i want to get to 42:30 with no stops in the next 2 to 3 runs

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Do you count the time you stop to rest in the overall time for the run?

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    That is a good question lit. You should have been asking Boris questions.