Options

KING KONG DONG IS BACK: 50 minute 4.75 miler, to 35 minute 5 miler, in 12 weeks

124»

Comments

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
  • Options

i probably wont get it done in time

will i progress faster doing these very slow runs?

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    KING KONG DONG wrote (see)

Depends whether you've actually been doing any or not?

• Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Maybe now that he realizes he has not got superior genes and as much motivation as a fatty in a cake shop wanting to diet, I don't think it will be to 2017 for the next quest.

• Options
    SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

i probably wont get it done in time

If you get a chance have a look at the 'MAF method' I don't fully endorse all of what he says but this is a quote from the Dr Phil,

"We live in a quick-fix society. Everyone is looking for that single, magical diet or miracle workout plan that will change their lives overnight. But that’s a fiction, a false promise—and it’s exactly the one that all the health and fitness magazines love to promise their readers"

But his philosophy is that we should always regulate our pace to ensure we are fit to run again in our next session. So; by cutting out the 'down time' caused by injury and illness (that will always follow overtraining), you will progress better and more consistently.

https://philmaffetone.com/what-is-the-maffetone-method/

• Options

astitis

i have slight knee valgus on both knees, more pronounced on my right, which is the one that hurts, it certainly doesnt help when doing high impact things like running or weightlifting, its the reason I get knee pain alot on my right knee, never my left, my muscles are more than strong enough, but when you have a legitimate deformity, things tend to break down easier when you push yourself

i still maintain that i have good genetics for running

how can you also say i have not much motivation? i absoutely killed myself doing these runs

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

how can you also say i have not much motivation? i absoutely killed myself doing these runs

I think it is because you've not been doing very many of them. And you gave up on your goal the last time. And you can't be bothered to do more than one a week, and don't want to invest the time needed to build a decent aerobic base. But apart from that, yeah, you seem super motivated and exceptionally talented.

• Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Well you now got a legitimate deformity. You did not mention that last year when I said you would injure yourself but hey. And how long you had it because its been over a year and you still have made no improvement and running slower than a granny.

Motivation drives people differently but any programme requires patience and faith. You have neither because in all this time you have taken no opportunity to learn anything. Carry on knowing it all, I am not bothered.

• Options
    DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

Kkd - how can you say you have good genes for running when you can't cover 5mlies with out walking.  That does not sound like good genes.  

Stop thinking you are 'special' and go out and jog.  Build fitness then speed

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Don't listen to them KKD. If there's nothing else we've learnt in the last few weeks it's that no harm can come from ignoring people who know what they're talking about. Experts telling you things you don't understand or don't like the sound of? They can shove it! Best to carry on with blind faith in your own as yet absent innate ability and stick with irrational and ineffective ideas as to what's in your best interests. And when it all goes tits up, quit. You are truly an icon of these modern times. Go for it KKD!
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    I have a leg length discrepancy and almost no cartilage left on my right side. I am also over 40 , over weight and a bit bald. I can still Manage to run 5 times a week. I never thought of myself as even remotely talented, gifted or fast but I must be awesome!
  • Options
    Hey KKD,

Been out for a run over the weekend? I'm on tenterhooks waiting for an update.
  • Options

I think kkd just needs to wait until he gets older.....the 4 mile road race record has just been beaten for over 60....it's now 21:24.........so instead of training kkd just needs to wait until he matures